It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Budapest Memorandum” Treaty Signed In 1994 May Commit U.S., Britain To Defend Ukraine

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

SLAYER69

Would there be ANY potential battles had Russia stayed on it's side of the border?

Im not saying Russia was right in what they are doing. I dont thinks its black and white and its more complex that ATS gives it credit for.

la2

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Would you have said the same about Germany invading Poland in 1939?

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

la2

Would you have said the same about Germany invading Poland in 1939?

Far more closer to home
Plus Nazi Geemany had the conventional capability to actualy threaten the UK.

Also we had a Prime minister that actually was a serving member of the armed forces and served in WWI and a few wars beforehand not like the pathetic Eton Nancy boy we have now.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Here's the thing - You and I had no direct hand in signing that treaty, no, but there may come a time when our countries are in need of help from other peoples and nations. When that time comes, whether or not they will do it is based on how helpful we have been as a country and nation.

It's all nice and easy when you can send bottled water and dog teams to an earthquake zone. I understand.

This is when it gets a lot harder, but this is also when they will hopefully remember what you were willing to do to help them much more.

You never know ... we all may need to call in a lot of markers someday.

la2

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

It's part of being a world power, we support those who need it, wether it be Israel, Japan or in this instance Ukraine, if we don't then what will our other allies think? What happens if when we need help it's not given due to our geographical distance from our allies?

I can see your point, but it's a very slippery slope when our allies, and more important those who are opposed to us know we pick and choose what treaties we stick to.

link   

So, Russia isn't a threat with you until it is? If no one stops them, they'll be across the straight before you know it. Then who'll come help you?

link   

--
You've been got.
I think your expressing anger because here is a legit reason that literally says YOUR GOING TO WAR because of a treaty that was signed when you were 5.
Grow up, treaties were signed long before I was born too, does that mean we can just do what we want?
In your view, we can just omit any contractual agreement, that's not very realistic.
I can look past the anti-american anti-war stance, but to disregard a treaty to help a people in need should a time come for it, your just going to walk away an not honor a commitment to a nation who is being literally invaded by a nation just as much a bully as the US?
COWARD.
Nobody asks to fight wars, they just fight them.
Nobody asks YOU if its okay to ink a treaty, by several nations, WHO ARE YOU AGAIN?
Man up, quit crying, shoulder that weapon soldier, NOW!.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Arnie123

s being literally invaded by a nation just as much a bully as the US?

Nobodystried stoping the USA so why bother with Russia?

Arnie123
COWARD.

Better a live coward than a dead "hero".

Arnie123

so I should be a mindless drone willing to comply to my goverments whims? I think il pass!

Arnie123
Nobody asks YOU if its okay to ink a treaty, by several nations, WHO ARE YOU AGAIN?

A human being with my OWN valuble life. I dont see why I should have politcal elite makeing decsions on MY behalf that could kill me. Sorry but I as a human have been born FREE with my own FREE WILL. I will not have some damed scumbag politican telling me that im to fight and die over there dumbass treaty. Its THEIR treaty, they want to honour there treaty? Well they are wleocme to go! If the politicans picked up guns and went? I may very well change my tune!

Arnie123

Ha go spin on it.

Il only go if the politicians go first!
edit on 2-3-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

crazyewok

Arnie123

s being literally invaded by a nation just as much a bully as the US?

Nobodystried stoping the USA so why bother with Russia?

Arnie123
COWARD.

Better a live coward than a dead "hero".

Arnie123

so I should be a mindless drone willing to comply to my goverments whims? I think il pass!

Arnie123

A human being with my OWN valuble life. I dont see why I should have politcal elite makeing decsions on MY behalf that could kill me. Sorry but I as a human have been born FREE with my own FREE WILL. I will not have some damed scumbag politican telling me that im to fight and die over there dumbass treaty. Its THEIR treaty, they want to honour there treaty? Well they are wleocme to go! If the politicans picked up guns and went? I may very well change my tune!

Arnie123

Ha go spin on it.

Il only go if the politicians go first!

---
You'll only go if politicians go?
I would say DEAL, but after that last couple pages in this thread, I don't think you will honor that commitment, I mean you already walked away from a treaty signed by nations, including your own, what makes me think you will honor our little 2 man deal?
You might just walk away from that one too, even if politicians were in my fire team engaging the enemy....

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Arnie123

Think what the hell you like.

If we go to war you will likley die.

I plan on a long happy life even if it does me a few years in jail for refuseing to be a pawn in the political elites game of risk.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

---
lol, well...when your right, your right

Any war scenario people will most likely die an there's always that too...
I survived one war, lets hope my luck holds out, huh?
But if the majority of posters here are crying WW 3, then mark my words,
YOU WILL GO TO WAR, NO JAIL, NO MAMAS HOUSE, BUT THE COLD HARD STEEL OF THE MILITARY WAR MACHINE ITCHING TO PLUG YOU IN.
That's not me btw, that is the rest of ATS.
Ukraine is calling out for help, this is very much a different mind set in a war setting.
Perhaps the outcome will be postive.
Lets hope its all posturing so that you can stay home all snugged up with tea an crumpets, you just let daddy worry about the BIG BAD BOOGIE MENS.
RATFLMFAO.

la2

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Arnie123

I agree, it's about backing up a country that is pleading for help.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Arnie123

YOU WILL GO TO WAR, NO JAIL, NO MAMAS HOUSE, BUT THE COLD HARD STEEL OF THE MILITARY WAR MACHINE ITCHING TO PLUG YOU IN.

It called being a conscientious objector. They cant force you into war. Even in WW1 and 2 People could object.

Call me what you like.

I wont play the global elites games, Im not there pawn

la2

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

You use electricity, buy goods from shops, watch tv and use the internet, you are already a pawn in global games, we all are wether we like it or not.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

---
Pawn?
You contribute to their wealth in more ways then one, now you just need to process into the military to fully seal the deal...
You eat there food, their tea, their crumpets, their fish'N'chips.
You work their hours.
You obey their laws.
You live where they outlined areas to live.
You pay their bills.
You already ARE.
--
This is not about politicians or personal greed, its literally about a nation in need, your mixing the facts up and letting your emotions blind you.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

If WWIII is really here, it could be at your gates. Will you fight or will you simply bow and hope they don't hurt you too much before they pillage and subjugate?

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

la2

You use electricity, buy goods from shops, watch tv and use the internet, you are already a pawn in global games, we all are wether we like it or not.

I draw the line and killing and sacrficeing my own life for there agenda.

They want to do the killing the can bloody well do it themselfs.

Im not budgieng from this view.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Arnie123

---
Pawn?
You contribute to their wealth in more ways then one, now you just need to process into the military to fully seal the deal...
You eat there food, their tea, their crumpets, their fish'N'chips.
You work their hours.
You obey their laws.
You live where they outlined areas to live.
You pay their bills.
You already ARE.
--
This is not about politicians or personal greed, its literally about a nation in need, your mixing the facts up and letting your emotions blind you.

Fine you go and be a good little drone for you goverment masters. Masters that will sit in there comfortable homes and with good food safely while you fight, suffer and bleed on there behalf.

You be a good little midless slave I wont stop. Just dont expect me to follow you.

All you will get for your reward is you name scratched on a war memoral after you die half forgotton on a battle field while the ones that sent you live in luxoury.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Plenty of people have deserted or became "draft dodgers" Walt Disney being one. I'd much rather wait it out with all the women left at home. Real estate will become available for dirt cheap, might just buy myself a whorehouse. Maybe the DEAs funding will be cut and i can grow an acre of pot. Anything, beats the # out of being bloodfuel. My life is more valuable to me than "something bigger than myself". Why can't we just tweak the treaty, we haven't honored the 4th amendment. We have refused to honor tax treaties to fund the British empires warmongering before.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Acidx
Plenty of people have deserted or became "draft dodgers" Walt Disney being one. I'd much rather wait it out with all the women left at home. Real estate will become available for dirt cheap, might just buy myself a whorehouse. Maybe the DEAs funding will be cut and i can grow an acre of pot. Anything, beats the # out of being bloodfuel. My life is more valuable to me than "something bigger than myself". Why can't we just tweak the treaty, we haven't honored the 4th amendment. We have refused to honor tax treaties to fund the British empires warmongering before.

Hehe Exactly. While the chest beating rar rar Bravo warmongers are off we get all the women and money

While they are rotting dead in a ditch we get all the booty haha.

Rather have that than my name scratched on some forgotton war memorial

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join