It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Crazy is This? Aurora Over Germany in German Flag Colors

page: 1

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Wow. I just found it odd enough to share. Happened on 2/27/14.

Speace Weather

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Excellent picture. Just gave me a chill so. I recall many people claiming that prior to the outbreak of WW-2 the sky over Europe showed similar colors! I have however no documentation to this other than the many claims by mostly (religious) people.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Wow - that's just beautiful! In my entire 49 years on this planet (most of which has been spent in Washington state) I have only personally seen an Aurora once. I had an old Chevy pickup truck as a teenager - and my girlfriend at the time and I had gone to a drive in movie. We had a mat in the bed of my truck with pillows so we could lie down while "watching the movie", and we were treated to a sky full of faint, green Aurora... I only wish I could see something like the picture in your OP.
edit on 1-3-2014 by tallcool1 because: spelling and grammar

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by tallcool1

Zero and counting lol.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Sorry - and really, my aurora was fairly non-spectacular and non-noticable. We just happened to be laying on our backs and I looked up at the sky, which was very faintly shimmering greenish. Sort of like small, slow waves on a shore. But if you weren't looking up directly at it you wouldn't have seen it. Nothing at all like your picture.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Guenter

Guenter
I recall many people claiming that prior to the outbreak of WW-2 the sky over Europe showed similar colors!

I was told the sky over Berlin showed the colors after the march-revolution back in 1848.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Northern Lights illuminate the UK

Take a look here:www.bbc.com...

Also in Northern Ireland.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Guenter
reply to post by Kali74

Excellent picture. Just gave me a chill so. I recall many people claiming that prior to the outbreak of WW-2 the sky over Europe showed similar colors! I have however no documentation to this other than the many claims by mostly (religious) people.

Does this mean that you just blurt out stuff you can't back up?

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Skittle

It's true, the apparently impressive and widespread aurora, occurred on the 25th of January 1938. It is remembered by the religious (particularly Catholics) as it is seen as a fulfillment to one of the prophecies of Fatima.
www.solarstorms.org... (about 1/2 way down)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Skittle

Guenter
reply to post by Kali74

Does this mean that you just blurt out stuff you can't back up?

If I already explained that I only "HEARD" it and never seen any documentation concerning the same, why are you accusing me of "blurting stuff out"? All I commented on was that I had HEARD about it. I heard it from several priests in their sermons. I have heard it from several history teachers back then. So thats as far as "backing it up" goes. Pretty much the same for the many UFO claims, got docu?

new topics

top topics

join