It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We dont want your business!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

Call Shell and tell them your story. Shell does not want their brand sullied in any manner by anyone in their franchise domain. They pay big money in advertising dollars to even risk a discrimination suit.

In a month, go back to that station and the rude ones will be gone. What area of the country did this happen.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I'd say complain and moan until the cows come home.
Shell is big biz and the customer is always right, and the fact that they people gave money back that they already took? Last time I check shell liked profits and giving money back is not the way to accomplish that.
I'd focus on that pat IMO

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I saw a similar situation almost word for word a few years back, only the man (yes, it was a shell station and they were asking to turn on the water outside.) helped her husband when he came in and asked for the same thing. It was pure sex discrimination.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

AS to my statement of 'Rude', I can see your point in Their Country. Thanx, however, as far as the station workers' behavior in THIS Country, rude is rude. And word of mouth goes a long way to maintaining a business. What's wrong with people who enter this country abiding to OUR Customs? I see nothing wrong with that. I for one would Not go to Their country and # Mouth them.
Syx.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Was the station a major gas chain brand? Most gas stations are no longer mom and pops but have shifted to being "company stores" and, ergo, have definite rules of engagement when it comes to customers. Even if it isn't a company store, retailers still have to fulfill certain service requirements for customers in order to maintain their branding. Refusing to sell you and your husband gas is probably not going to fly and the scene it most likely created at the time and the fact that you're talking about it online, is not good for their brand image.

It's been a while since I worked with the major oil companies but these issues, at least 10 years ago, were actually a very big deal. We're talking entire videos given to jobbers and independent retailers on how to maintain brand image of a welcoming, clean, and uniform gas station experience no matter where one travels in the US. These companies actually care about what shade of gray or white are used to paint a station in their brand. They even have those shades copyrighted. If they are that nit picky about a shade of gray, how do you think they're going to feel about how you and your husband were so very loudly and obviously treated? They're probably not going to like it.

What was the brand of the station? I can try to poke around and see if I can find just the right person for you to send a lovely letter to that details your experience.

P.S. I heavily suggest doing this as, especially if it IS an independent retailer, losing branding can be the equivalent to a kiss of death. Trust me, I know.
edit on 1/3/14 by WhiteAlice because: added ps

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Bizarre. Where I live, every petrol station has a tap and air outside, free, so you can wash your windows, fill your radiator, etc, or fill up a drink bottle and walk on your merry way.

Id hate to live in such a place.

especially with people who you are forced to live with, who do not understand your culture or language.

edit on 1-3-2014 by sn0rch because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Report them, I'm sure Shell corporate office wouldn't like to hear one of their franchise chains are refusing business. Nobody should be treated like that. Heck it's just water for pete's sake!

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Where they sell it...youre not getting it for free. They know you needed it, they were selling it....so? You were gonna have to pay. Supply and demand.

Now, if they weren't selling it, then it might have been different.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

I'm in Virginia. South east. Tidewater region

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Yes this was a shell station and I've sent them two e-mails now. Thanks if you can come up with a better contact. This was from there corporate website.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by sn0rch

Petrol tells me you're in Europe. Yes that used to be here too but now you have to pay for air and the spigots outside have removable handles so you can't just open the tap.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

I would have taken hose water or even water from the toilet it was for the car not me.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Yes this was a shell station and I've sent them two e-mails now. Thanks if you can come up with a better contact. This was from there corporate website.

What region/state? Sorry, should've asked that, too. The major oil companies basically have a hq in each area/state that both works on switching independent retailers to their brand and for monitoring adherence to "brand image". That's what we're going to try and find.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Mamatus
Did you ever see a movie called Falling Down? I usually ask rude convenience store owners that question. I really should go get a baseball bat out of the car before asking them though, just to drive the point home.

Please don't end up being split in half torso on the television because you took a bat into someones private business and they split you in twain with a shotgun blasting out hot 600 grain 12 gauge slug.

Here is a simpler more civilized method of dealing with places like that.

Don't ever spend a penny there, go out of your way to not, convince your friends and family to not shop there, get them to tell others that's about all you can do.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Imagine being Gay In States that wants Discrimination Laws past.

but that's not important because it's fueling the "Gay Agenda"

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
It's very common (here in Canada) for restaurants and stores to have signs that say "no public washroom" or "washroom for customers only."

I see nothing wrong with that. Perhaps if you had offered to buy a single bottle of water or chocolate bar, they would have allowed you to fill your jug.

Refusing to sell you gas is another matter, one I am not familiar enough with the law to make a comment.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleOwl

Um perhaps you missed where my husband tried to buy five dollars worth of gas even though we didn't need gas? Then the man ran yes ran out of the store waving the five and saying loudly I might add we don't want your business.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Well shell has already replied and is looking into it.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   

I didn't miss it. I addressed it in my reply. It seems, to my reading of your story, that your husband bought the gas afterward. If that is the case, I stand by the business owner. If not, they are in the wrong; it is just a jug of water after all.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleOwl

He was on the line to pay for the gas while I was asking but the store employees did not know tbat we were together. Look side with them it's ok by me. They were stingy plain and simple. I guess I am just a nicer person because I would have given water to anyone who asked. In my store (not really mine just where I work) I've helped strangers who have come in needing a phone or a restroom. I just don't see the benefit of being stingy and mean when it is easier to be nice and help someone out. We've stopped on the road to help stranded motorists once we gave a 15mile ride to a man who had a little boy with him because their car broke down. We met them in the Lowe's parking lot.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join