It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knife-wielding mob kills 27 at China train station

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

It's not the first time, this has happened in China. Similar thing happened about a year ago, when one or two guys ran around in a small city, killing everything in sight, with a long knife. There were even pictures of it, taken from street cameras ... at the time.

In this case, it's the "arab" mintory issue. Or, at least that's what my wife says and she's chinese.

This is probably one of the more "monstrous" acts I can imagine ...

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Wow.. haven't seen anything on Twitter yet

Sina Weibo is China's Twitter, it is controlled by the Government and I'm sure has been monitored for this and shut down.
I know I can't Sina Weibo to contact with my family in Harbin right now.

Here is a news article for you.

Pictures on Sina Weibo, the Chinese equivalent of Twitter, showed bodies covered in blood at the station. Other Weibo users urged people to stop circulating bloody photos on the Internet lest it encourage the attackers and spread panic.

The Security Management Bureau under the Ministry of Public Security called the incident a "severe violent crime" at its official Sina Weibo account.

China: Train Station

edit on 1-3-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Last time something like this happened in China was the same day as Sandy Hook.
Let's hope there's no corresponding act here in the US.
Otherwise coincidence wouldn't be much of an explanation.

Eta: Is this why Obama said we'll be pulling our troops out of Afghanistan?
Are we handing it over to China?
They are ripe for expansion and given the tension with Muslim minorities seems a likely target.
edit on 2-3-2014 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by gosseyn

I thought much the same. Someone has acted out the scene.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Asktheanimals
Last time something like this happened in China was the same day as Sandy Hook.
Let's hope there's no corresponding act here in the US.
Otherwise coincidence wouldn't be much of an explanation.

Well there's a Red Dawn style Russian invasion underway right now so... there's that.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

alienreality
I spoke with someone that lives in China and they said they were wearing special clothes and using long knives like long daggers...

If you stab someone with a short knife. They leak to death. Most people don't understand that. Long knives are used to kill people without having to wait for them to leak to death. Someone leaking to death can be saved by emergency responders. This is taught in Asian martial arts. The art of assassination especially. I am amazed how few understand the concept. The next time you are watching something over criminal investigation and they say the victim had 40 stab wounds that may not be because of rage. That could be because the killer realized their error and that they now had to make the person leak to death.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Even weirder...Friday: Greyhound bus beheader Vince Li to be let loose for day trips news.nationalpost.com...

Saturday:

Saturday: A man arrested after a bloody stabbing rampage at an Edmonton grocery warehouse will be charged later today with two counts of first-degree murder and one count of attempted murder. www.cbc.ca...

was this not the same time as what happened in China?

what is going on?

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I call for a ban on guns to stop mass murders like this happening again!
Oh wait... it wasn't guns... I call for authorities to restrict knife usage
only to situations where it can be supervised by an armed member of the TSA,
and only licensed use of a fork shall be tolerated! Or...could it possibly
be that human beings are vile, awful creatures that are incapable of valuing
another human life. It's not the weapons that are the problem, it's people.

I don't want to politicise an event that is obviously already laden with
political implications, and my heart goes out to the families effected by
this heinous event , but what does it take to get people to see, guns =/= violence,
people that want to visit harm upon other human beings = violence

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I reckon some mad tribe chieftain hired these guys through some shadow corporation to get vengeance on some corrupt local official whos probably goin places he shouldn't

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

TiedDestructor
Where were the good guys with guns? Oh wait.........

..yet, in all the US massacres none of your gun toting psychopaths killed the maniac with a gun did they.
he either killed himself or the police finished him off!
are gun toting Americans cowards or were there not enough guns in your society?

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Agit8dChop

TiedDestructor
Where were the good guys with guns? Oh wait.........

..yet, in all the US massacres none of your gun toting psychopaths killed the maniac with a gun did they.
he either killed himself or the police finished him off!
are gun toting Americans cowards or were there not enough guns in your society?

r.search.yahoo.com...=AwrBTzbBchJTCDAAK8RXNyoA;_ylu=X3o'___'ByMG04Z2o2BHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMQRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkAw--/RV=2/RE=1393746754/RO=10/RU=ht tp%3a%2f%2fdustinsgunblog.blogspot.com%2f2008%2f05%2fnv-mass-shooting-stopped-by-ccw-permit.html/RK=0/RS=PldFG_HqFvFA31PMx1exFmcGt0o-

In the small town of Winnemucca Nevada a man bent on performing a mass shooting at a bar was stopped by an armed CCW permit holder who happened to be in the right place at the right time. The alleged mass murderer had already killed two victims & had injured two others with gunshot wounds, but after reloading to resume his shooting spree he was shot & killed by an armed CCW permit holder who was also at the bar. The alleged mass murderer & his two dead victims were already dead by the time Police arrived on the scene once again proving that when seconds count, only the immediate responders are already on the scene, while first responders (Police) are only minutes away. This is further proof that gun free zones are a travesty that must be ended.

Something that happens around 750,000 times a year in the states if you count a gun is used to stop a robbery or a beating.. Not something MSM is interested in showing and certainly not something the anti's want to see or hear.

edit on 1-3-2014 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

That's because larger portions of those occur in areas of a "Gun Free" zone.

Read about was just passed in the house and is headed to the Senate in Ga.

Here is what is in House Bill 875:

Churches / Bars

Removes churches and bars from the off limits list and treats them like every other piece of private property in GA in that the property owner has the right to eject a person from their property.

Government Buildings

Allows firearms in government buildings that are not restricted or screened by security personnel during the hours the building is open for business.

Public Housing

Require public housing to allow tenants to have firearms in their dwellings unless required by federal law or regulation.

Changes to school safety zones:

Licensed holder who is carrying on elementary school shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.Any licensed holder who violates post secondary school safety zone shall not be arrested but shall be fined not more than $100.00. For a person who is not a license holder the penalty is not more than $10,000.00 and imprisonment for not less than 2 nor more than 10 years or both.A duly authorized official of a school can authorize a person to carry a weapon in a school safety zone, at school function or on a bus or other transportation furnished by the schoolAllows local school system to allow teachers and administrators to carry in school safety zones and determine what training the school will require.  Those selected to carry will remain unknown to the public.

Did you read the part about teachers being able to carry in school too? Here in Georgia at least we are trying to answer the call when it comes to protecting innocent life from being taken. And we d#mn sure aren't disillusioned enough to believe that taking away rights from law-abiding citizens will prevent these "massacres".

Anything is better than nothing. Even the odds a little.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

I was a victim of an attempted mugging at knife point in Atlanta a couple years back. After producing a pistol opposed to a wallet the assailant threw down the knife and fled screaming "please don't shoot me".

Did I report this to the authorities? No! They could care less. My gun deterred a criminal act from occuring, prevented loss of life on both accords and hopefully made this guy think twice the next time he had the urge to rob.

The problem with statistics is that cases like mine go unreported.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

TiedDestructor
reply to post by 727Sky

I was a victim of an attempted mugging at knife point in Atlanta a couple years back. After producing a pistol opposed to a wallet the assailant threw down the knife and fled screaming "please don't shoot me".

Did I report this to the authorities? No! They could care less. My gun deterred a criminal act from occuring, prevented loss of life on both accords and hopefully made this guy think twice the next time he had the urge to rob.

Yep you are one of the 750,000 or more! By the way glad you had the foresight to take responsibility for your own protection... The anti's would feel better if you would have given him your wallet and lost your money... Kinda like sharing to them !

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Updated info with identification and possible motive:

(Reuters) - China blamed militants from the restive far western region of Xinjiang on Sunday for an attack at a train station on the other side of the country by knife-wielding "terrorists" in which at least 33 died, including four of the assailants, who were shot dead.

The attack, in the balmy southwestern city of Kunming late on Saturday evening, marks a major escalation in the simmering unrest which had centered on Xinjiang, a heavily Muslim region strategically located on the borders of Central Asia.

Muslims? Good grief, there's that word again associated with violence and unfortunately a term that draws much suspicion and animosity these days it seems.

Xinjiang is home to the Muslim Uighur people, many of whom chafe at Chinese restrictions on their culture and religion.

Motive?

The attack comes at a sensitive time as China gears up for the annual meeting of parliament, which opens in Beijing on Wednesday and is normally accompanied by a tightening of security across the country.

More motive?

China bristles at suggestions from exiles and rights groups that the unrest is driven more by unhappiness at government policies than by any serious threat from extremist groups who want to establish an independent state called East Turkestan.

Good luck on establishing anything "independent" in China.
www.reuters.com...

Well I guess I can see motive, but what a hell of a cost, and these actions seem to do more harm by mixing extremism with the perpetrator's cause or stance, but then again, by definition, these guys are extremist nuts. Why do they target the common folk for their political angst? Why not officials or authorities? (Not that I wish harm to anyone…for clarification)
Can you imagine the scene? Horrifying for sure!
edit on 1-3-2014 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Though the chinese government hasn't announced who be responsible for the attack, I believe this must be related to Islam, they are the only organization which can do something so ruthless.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

gs002
Though the chinese government hasn't announced who be responsible for the attack, I believe this must be related to Islam, they are the only organization which can do something so ruthless.

Cough catholic church cough. whew. i nee dto get rif od this cold. Unfortunate the chinese are experiencing this. maybe a excuse to outlaw it finally as a religon in china.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by gs002

I agree. Swift and brutal. I looked at the photos and many bodies were laying next to their luggage. I mean I couldn't imagine where I would end up after trying to fight back but next to my luggage??? Weird....and tragic.

And if it was done in the name of Islam may they all burn in their hell!!!

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by yuppa

Well we know who has stopped the killing right? Exactly.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

TiedDestructor
reply to post by 727Sky

But the if the guy robbing you had a gun as well you might not have been so lucky. You might have been shot first and any innocent bystanders could have been hit by stray shots.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join