It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knife-wielding mob kills 27 at China train station

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

At least 27 people were killed and 109 others were wounded in an attack Saturday in a railway station in the southwest Chinese city of Kunming, authorities said, according to state news agency Xinhua.

27 killed in China railway attack

Wow.. haven't seen anything on Twitter yet and just saw it come across CNN as a headline.
Looking for more info now and searching ATS for previous threads.
Horrible.
edit on 2014pAmerica/Chicago3112ppm by opethPA because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/1/2014 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--Fixed Title, please use article exact title for BAN submissions.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
WTF? was that all about?.............Sounds like the call for independence is reaching a wide variety of here to fore unheard from areas.....
The rush to war seems to be spreading....

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
The hell?

One witness said on social media that she saw a group of men dressed in black with two long knives chasing people, according to Xinhua.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Sounds like a couple of hardened insurgency killers have spent too much time in the mountains and caused a crazy amount of carnage in low security outer province civillian hub.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

MessageforAll
The hell?

One witness said on social media that she saw a group of men dressed in black with two long knives chasing people, according to Xinhua.

Not to make light of this (it's freakin tragic and horrible) but it sounds like they are describing a berserker ninja squad.

What kind of group would do this?! One lone gunman shooting a place can be easily thought of us "mental issues" but finding a group of people to share a consensus of murder and mayhem is just bizarre. Maybe it's some sort of cult?

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Cuervo

MessageforAll
The hell?

Not to make light of this (it's freakin tragic and horrible) but it sounds like they are describing a berserker ninja squad.

What kind of group would do this?! One lone gunman shooting a place can be easily thought of us "mental issues" but finding a group of people to share a consensus of murder and mayhem is just bizarre. Maybe it's some sort of cult?

In the US they call these people Marines.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

maybe one of the 27 dead was the original target and the rest were taken in to muck up the reasons behind it?

another thought that just popped in my head.

en.wikipedia.org...

wouldnt that be funny if "their" reroll of this in china would be with ninja's and swords instead of beards and turbans lol

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

mindseye1609
reply to post by Cuervo

maybe one of the 27 dead was the original target and the rest were taken in to muck up the reasons behind it?

another thought that just popped in my head.

en.wikipedia.org...

wouldnt that be funny if "their" reroll of this in china would be with ninja's and swords instead of beards and turbans lol

Woah... I've never heard of that before. Thanks for the link.

What crossed my mind was actually that White Widow terrorist who was behind the Kenya mall massacre.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Some reports are now saying they were "uniformed" and there are witness accounts saying that at least two of them were women.

Here's a running Google stream for news sources on it. Just refresh it from time to time.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

r.search.yahoo.com...=A0LEVy0cQBJTWkwA_55XNyoA;_ylu=X3o'___'BybnV2cXQwBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMgRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkAw--/RV=2/RE=1393733789/RO=10/RU=ht tp%3a%2f%2fwww.nytimes.com%2f2013%2f06%2f27%2fworld%2fasia%2fethnic-violence-in-western-china.html/RK=0/RS=xV85P8Mt..8G8HYZzJmPDPZqw4M-
Stuff has been happening or coming to a boil for quite some time.. Same players as usual same demands for independent state, their own Muslim laws blah blah blah.

HONG KONG — At least 27 people died in rioting in far western China on Wednesday, when protesters attacked a police station and government offices and the police fired on the crowd, state media said. It was the worst spasm of violence for years in Xinjiang, a region troubled by tensions between Uighurs, an overwhelmingly Muslim ethnic minority, and China’s Han majority

In July 2009, Urumqi, the regional capital of Xinjiang, was troubled by the worst ethnic violence in China in many years, when Uighurs attacked Han Chinese after the police broke up a protest by Uighurs. At least 197 people were killed, most of them Han Chinese, according to the Chinese government. Crowds of Han Chinese residents then marched through Uighur neighborhoods, demanding vengeance and attacking residents with rocks and cleavers.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Where were the good guys with guns? Oh wait.........

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TiedDestructor

Well I knew that comment was only a matter of time.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

It is pretty mind boggling indeed. Knife is a lot more intimate than a gun due to lack of distance so it's definitely jarring. However, I guess that if we put this incident into a historical perspective, it could've simply been all they had access to as once upon a time war was fought with bladed weapons and not guns. A train station though--their targets would be so random but I guess that's why it's being viewed as a terrorist attack.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Cuervo

What kind of people would do this? The hell?

Alienreality:

The United States Federal Bureau of Investigation has done this a few times.. Ruby Ridge they even fired on an unarmed woman that was pregnant. The FBI is exactly like this. A bit worse even..

They went on a killing spree like this also with help from the ATF, but just before that, they announced they thought the branch Davidians would commit suicide, so they went in before that could happen and assisted them all to death.

They were never punished for it.

Looks like a 120 or so were injured in China plus 28 killed.. very disturbing pictures of all this are all over the net and on Chinese news sites..

The kind of people that do these things are almost anyone. When it happens, there is never a valid reason for it,, unless of course you are the FBI or ATF jackboots, or the PRC armed soldier re-education squads.

edit on 1-3-2014 by alienreality because: fix -sort of

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
double post

edit on 1-3-2014 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

JohnnyCanuck
reply to post by TiedDestructor

Well I knew that comment was only a matter of time.

Glad i didn't let ya down.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I spoke with someone that lives in China and they said they were wearing special clothes and using long knives like long daggers, maybe the same type of knife for all of them which sounds like some real effort to cause fear. This thing smells of a real bonafide conspiracy to me.

One guy was running up and stabbing someone, then taking off and running to the next target and getting them and so on, like it was a contest. This is truly sick and bizarre.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

I will interlink this thread with The new moon conspiracy
just for statistic's..

today is a new moon as you can see here heavens-above.com...
edit on v2014144America/ChicagoSat, 01 Mar 2014 16:20:20 -06002 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

alienreality
I spoke with someone that lives in China and they said they were wearing special clothes and using long knives like long daggers, maybe the same type of knife for all of them which sounds like some real effort to cause fear. This thing smells of a real bonafide conspiracy to me.

One guy was running up and stabbing someone, then taking off and running to the next target and getting them and so on, like it was a contest. This is truly sick and bizarre.

Another reason to carry a solid cane made of hard wood...Good reach and packs a most satisfactory pop when applied properly . Bare hands or body against a knife wielding, dedicated to death and mayhem fanatic, usually leaves the fanatics satisfied with their handy work and a defender leaking important body fluids.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I don't know if you guys are aware, but in the tv show "the following", which is about a cult of murderers who kill for pleasure, there is a scene that resembles what happened in china : 4 or 5 ppl dressed in black with knives and hitting everyone and anyone. Season 2 episode 1 which aired January 19, 2014 with 11.18 millions of viewers in the US only. Don't read what follows if you don't like spoilers.

"Claire Matthews has died from wounds inflicted by Molly's stabbing. During the attack, Ryan Hardy twists Molly's neck and kills her. A year later, Ryan has moved to New York City where he lives on his own and is teaching. On the first anniversary of Joe Carroll's death, a group of remaining cult members attack several passengers on a subway car. The FBI brings Ryan and Mike Weston back on board to assist in gaining information on the identity and motives of the attackers. Ryan dismisses the FBI's request for his help and appears to want nothing to do with the situation. However, back in his home, he continues his secret interest in Joe and the case along with his niece, Max Hardy (Jessica Stroup), a New York City detective. New followers of Joe are also revealed including twins, Mark and Luke (Sam Underwood) while Joe himself is revealed to be alive with a new appearance. "

" A number of masked men enter a NYC subway car with a handful of people in it. The masks are of Joe Carroll, so clearly there are still Followers out there. (Sidenote: Subways have cameras?). You can imagine how that turned out: everyone gets stabbed! One woman escapes, however, thus starting off the main plot of season two! "

<<   2  3  4 >>

join