It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto Herbicide Roundup in 75% of Air and Water Samples - Research Connects to Kidney Failure

page: 1

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
From: Roundup In 75% of Air and Water Sampled -- Causes Kidney Failure

A new study from the U.S. Geological Survey -- soon to be published in the journal Enviromental Toxicology and Chemistry -- finds that Monsanto's Roundup herbicide (technically known as "glyphosate") and its toxic degradation byproduct AMPA were found in over 75% of all air and rain samples in Mississippi in 2007.

The sampling revealed a 'total herbicide flux' of 'glyphosate. Malathion, methyl parathion, and degradation products.' in ≥75% of air and rain samples in 2007. The study was conducted in Mississippi, but indicates the regions that have 'hard water' would be most at risk. (hard water is defined as water that percolates through deposits of calcium or limestone or dolomite formations, and is found in over 85% of the United States [wikipedia])

The article continues:

Another new study -- published in the International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health -- proposes that the epidemic of kidney failure found in areas with hard water is caused by an adverse reaction between Roundup and the chemicals found in hard water:

Image caption: Roundup Has Destroyed Renal Tissues of Thousands of Farmers. (image by GMO Evidence)

More and more of our crops are genetically modified to withstand Monsanto's herbicides, which will only exacerbate the use of Roundup:

Indeed, "Roundup-ready plants" -- plants genetically engineered to be able to tolerate Roundup -- have overtaken the country. For example:

Glyphosate, found in Roundup, has also been cited as a potential cause in the 'Bizarre' Cluster of Severe Birth Defects in the rural Washington area, previously posted here on ATS. (see: Glyphosate, Brain Damaged Babies, and Yakima Valley – A River Runs Through It)

The shame of it all, no one will do anything, no one will care, and Monsanto like any other major political donor can bribe legislator's for whatever favorable rules they want.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I wonder if that explains the explosion in kidney and Renal problems that cats and dogs now suffer? Dogs and cats live closer to the poisoned ground, they constantly lick their paws etc.

Monsanto should be removed, they are poisoning OUR planet!

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Glyphosate, found in Roundup seems impossible to avoid like fluoride

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Looks like a massive class action lawsuit waiting to happen.

I keep wondering what kind of people go to work for Monsanto on a daily basis and what the hell they're thinking, now that it's been alleged that Roundup is carcinogenic in parts per BILLION.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
In the near future, this company will be formally found to be causing chemistry that is causing a lot of health problems and all the investors will lose their money. It may even start precedence where a common stockholder can become liable because their profiting caused so much problems. Of course, the ones running this corporation will just take off and their employees who signed that this was safe will be procecuted.

I don't think this is just a pipe dream. I think it will happen.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Seeing as the EPA increased the round up tolerance level last July, I imagine this problem is going to get worse
www.globalresearch.ca...

edit on 1-3-2014 by grey9438 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Maybe this is why they made the TV series, "The Walking Dead," it might be a play on reality. We all are, we just don't know it yet. As long as DC has a rotating door policy that allows the purveyors of death to jump in and out of legislative positions in order to promote their own corporate agendas as well as lobbyists for those same agendas, we are all screwed.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Much thanks for your thread. More specifically the article on Yakima Valley. I hope this information is shared to more people, especially of the area for caution, outside if wanting to help with a solution-more info, etc. Sadly if it's only left up to the people to deal with(even the Herbicide Roundup in air and water overall), they'll to figure out exactly what to do for cautionary measures. Of course, if you're expecting of planning a family, likely best to steer clear of living around there. If not possible try to see what can be done otherwise, avoiding the well water sources if anything, etc.
edit on 1-3-2014 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I wonder where all the ATS big business, GOP apologist are? Perhaps the available studies and info have already blown their disinfo campaign out of the water.

For some reason I think this thread is destined for the LOL forum.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

It makes me think more of The Happening by M. Knight Shyamalen, where nature takes over.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

olaru12
I wonder where all the ATS big business, GOP apologist are? Perhaps the available studies and info have already blown their disinfo campaign out of the water.

For some reason I think this thread is destined for the LOL forum.

You think the GOP likes monsanto and others like con agra? Do you realize that it was Carter that set the agenda that let these bastards destroy the small farmers and render them nearly extinct? you realize these monsters are also trying to destroy heritage breeds of poultry and livestock and heirloom seeds? so that each year any farmers that remain must go back to them for seeds probably GMO seeds. you think The GOP likes that these people let thier hybrid monsters loose in the wind and on pollinators and then haul neighbors off to court if some of thier monster pollen falls on the non GMO fields and hybridizes it?

these agri-giants are Jimmah Carter and the Dems illegitimate babies; not the GOPs (though yes there are establishment type Dem lite GOP types too.) I despise not only monsanto but conagra and all the agri conglomerates. Always have. and now this...

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by stormbringer1701

You think the GOP likes monsanto and others like con agra?
- these agri-giants are Jimmah Carter and the Dems illegitimate babies; not the GOPs (though yes there are establishment type Dem lite GOP types too.) I despise not only monsanto but conagra and all the agri conglomerates. Always have. and now this...

Wait a minute, careful with your defense there, have you not heard of Clarence Thomas? Yes many of the gop do like monsanto, and I also acknowledge many don't, but to paint it as more left is not honest, as afar as monsanto and gmos goes.

The film states a Supreme Court decision involving plant patents was written by Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, who once worked for Monsanto. The film suggests the decision was influenced by Thomas’ previous employment with Monsanto. While Justice Thomas indeed wrote the majority opinion, this was a 6-2 decision. Justice Thomas was joined by Chief Justice Rehnquist, and Justices Scalia, Kennedy, Souter and Ginsberg – none of whom have or had any association with Monsanto. Justices Breyer and Stevens dissented, and Justice O’Connor did not participate in the decision.

www.monsanto.com...
Have you not read the facts?
Monsanto itself contributed more than $500,000 to federal candidates in the last election cycle, primarily favoring Republicans.www.opensecrets.org...

House of Representatives:

Total paid by Monsanto to Democrats: $72,000

Total paid by Monsanto to Republicans: $190,500

Senate

Total paid by Monsanto to Democrats: $37,500

Total paid by Monsanto to Republicans: $85,000

- See more at: www.occupy.com...

I agree about the Carter bit,more there is more going on, and both the left and right were involved, but the right weighs a bit more according to da numbers, so I feel inclined to disagree with your sentiment and it's accuracy.
edit on 1-3-2014 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by stormbringer1701

Times have drastically changed since the Carter administration and now it's the GOP that is funded by and basically ruled by big business. Monsanto is huge and contributes heavily to conservative causes including campaign contributions to GOP candidates.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Look at the photo....... Aixa Cano has hairy moles all over her body. Doctors can’t explain them, but they say that Aixa’s birth defect may be linked to agrochemicals. Doesn’t she look like she’s really ashamed of her appearance?

Humans are collateral damage to Monsanto

By far, the most evil corporation to exist on this planet - they should be shut down, disbanded and the board of Directors and financial supports tried for genocide - including Bill Gates.

#### Monsanto

edit on 1-3-2014 by Sublimecraft because: Meh

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Sublimecraft

That single photo on its own ought to be enough to make any sane government step in and stop this mass poisoning.
Any politician not stepping up to get this stopped ought to be thrown out of office!

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

I agree VH, but you know what they will say, "you can't prove that boy's illness is directly related to herbicides." < rolls eyes >
Like another poster said, hopefully the shareholders will continue backing out as this entity known as MOnsanto continues to leave victims in it's wake. Maybe the truth will yield justice at some point.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

VoidHawk
I wonder if that explains the explosion in kidney and Renal problems that cats and dogs now suffer? Dogs and cats live closer to the poisoned ground, they constantly lick their paws etc.

Monsanto should be removed, they are poisoning OUR planet!

Also I should note, most cat and dog food has corn for their main ingredients...which obviously are GMO's.

I'm all in to get those scum out of business !!
edit on 1-3-2014 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   

signalfire
Looks like a massive class action lawsuit waiting to happen.

I keep wondering what kind of people go to work for Monsanto on a daily basis and what the hell they're thinking, now that it's been alleged that Roundup is carcinogenic in parts per BILLION.

and that's why they brought out the "monsanto protection act", to insure they are "untouchable" and can continue to produce and sell their poisons, and dangerous plants. nice this comes out in the open so close to that law isn't it.

new topics

top topics

join