It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
A new study from the U.S. Geological Survey -- soon to be published in the journal Enviromental Toxicology and Chemistry -- finds that Monsanto's Roundup herbicide (technically known as "glyphosate") and its toxic degradation byproduct AMPA were found in over 75% of all air and rain samples in Mississippi in 2007.
Another new study -- published in the International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health -- proposes that the epidemic of kidney failure found in areas with hard water is caused by an adverse reaction between Roundup and the chemicals found in hard water:
Image caption: Roundup Has Destroyed Renal Tissues of Thousands of Farmers. (image by GMO Evidence)
Indeed, "Roundup-ready plants" -- plants genetically engineered to be able to tolerate Roundup -- have overtaken the country. For example:
- Monsanto reports that -- between 2008 and 2009 -- 95% of all sugarbeets planted were genetically engineered to be able to tolerate high doses of the pesticide Roundup.
- The USDA reports[/ url] that 93% of all soy and 85% of all corn grown in the U.S. is an herbicide-resistant GE variety.
- Similarly, around [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetically_modified_crops]93%of all cottonseed oil and more than 90% of all canola oil produced in the U.S. is herbicide-resistant GE.
I wonder where all the ATS big business, GOP apologist are? Perhaps the available studies and info have already blown their disinfo campaign out of the water.
For some reason I think this thread is destined for the LOL forum.
You think the GOP likes monsanto and others like con agra?
- these agri-giants are Jimmah Carter and the Dems illegitimate babies; not the GOPs (though yes there are establishment type Dem lite GOP types too.) I despise not only monsanto but conagra and all the agri conglomerates. Always have. and now this...
The film states a Supreme Court decision involving plant patents was written by Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, who once worked for Monsanto. The film suggests the decision was influenced by Thomas’ previous employment with Monsanto. While Justice Thomas indeed wrote the majority opinion, this was a 6-2 decision. Justice Thomas was joined by Chief Justice Rehnquist, and Justices Scalia, Kennedy, Souter and Ginsberg – none of whom have or had any association with Monsanto. Justices Breyer and Stevens dissented, and Justice O’Connor did not participate in the decision.
House of Representatives:
Total paid by Monsanto to Democrats: $72,000
Total paid by Monsanto to Republicans: $190,500
Total paid by Monsanto to Democrats: $37,500
Total paid by Monsanto to Republicans: $85,000
- See more at: www.occupy.com...
Look at the photo....... Aixa Cano has hairy moles all over her body. Doctors can’t explain them, but they say that Aixa’s birth defect may be linked to agrochemicals. Doesn’t she look like she’s really ashamed of her appearance?
I wonder if that explains the explosion in kidney and Renal problems that cats and dogs now suffer? Dogs and cats live closer to the poisoned ground, they constantly lick their paws etc.
Monsanto should be removed, they are poisoning OUR planet!
Looks like a massive class action lawsuit waiting to happen.
I keep wondering what kind of people go to work for Monsanto on a daily basis and what the hell they're thinking, now that it's been alleged that Roundup is carcinogenic in parts per BILLION.