It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 99
<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   

MessageforAll
www.zerohedge.com...
Turkey Scrambled 8 F-16 Fighter Jets To Track Russian Plane
Submitted by Tyler Durden on 03/04/2014 - 08:35
In a brief statement this morning, Turkish military authorities have admitted that:

*EIGHT TURKISH F-16 JETS TRACKED RUSSIAN PLANE IN BLACK SEA
*TURKEY SCRAMBLED F-16'S YDAY AS RUSSIAN PLANE NEARED BORDER

Which appears odd given this was a "military exercise" that we are sure the Russians had cleared with neighboring nations that it would be entering their airspace. The Turkish air force has been busy recently following the failed 'drunk' Sochi hijacking and Syrian intercepts.

I love this comment thought...

Which appears odd given this was a "military exercise" that we are sure the Russians had cleared with neighboring nations that it would be entering their airspace. The Turkish air force has been busy recently following the failed 'drunk' Sochi hijacking and Syrian intercepts.

edit on thAmerica/Chicago304uk2014 by MessageforAll because: (no reason given)

Its a Russian intelligence aircraft probably checking on Turkey before they do anything

link   

Agit8dChop

asen_y2k
Just in, from Ukrainian media:

Expected invasion of our eastern cities - Lutsenko Former Interior Minister

In addition, ex-official urged residents of the eastern regions, in particular, Lugansk, Donetsk, Kharkiv, Mykolaiv, Kherson, Zaporozhye, Dnepropetrovsk, Simferopol, Odessa exit March 5 at anti-war rallies. "We have to deserve even regain their independence," - he added.

This comes across as propaganda.
If you were genuinely worried about your eastern cities being invaded by Russia, why would you then in the same breathe ask the people to take to the streets and protest against war? why aren't you telling the people to leave/prepare and sending the military in?

sounds to me like someone screaming invasion, then sending in the thugs to smash windows and beat people up so the western media follows the ''invasion'' line.

There are reasons, i really dont want to discuss here.

link   
Looking how the topic has been going on here i figure we might want to hear from an ethnic russian on whats going on in Ukraine.

I am a Russian-speaking Ukrainian. I am ethnically half-Russian, as my father was born in Siberia. I spent much of my life in Donetsk, a Russian-speaking area of Ukraine. Now I live in Kiev.

You might be asking what all this fuss is about in Crimea, the autonomous region of eastern Ukraine with strong ties to Russia. Why are thousands coming to the streets with Russian flags? It's easy to explain.

Many people in Crimea and eastern Ukraine don't want the protection of Russian President Vladimir Putin. But there are some who are afraid of forced Ukraineization because they have been fed propaganda by Russian TV channels for years. The purpose is to convince Ukrainians that we are divided, not one country, and that the safest course of action for Russian-speaking areas is to break away and join Russia.

I just talked to my friends in Crimea.

Yuri in Simferopol told me that it's a handful of pro-Russian extremists in the streets trying to make a scene for Russian video cameras -- they are showing that these are the Russians who request protection!

Meanwhile, the rest of the city is terrified by the presence of Russian military forces and are evacuating their families to central or western Ukraine.

The amount of propaganda Russia has poured onto Ukraine is hard to comprehend. Putting troops on Ukrainian land is going to bring the very opposite result from what Putin expected: I believe it's uniting Ukraine.

www.channel3000.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

there is so much propaganda going around on both sides i have no clue whom to believe..

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Agit8dChop

asen_y2k
And reports of Russian troops building up at the entry points to major eastern Ukrainian cities.

could this not be Putin setting up defensive perimeters in-case Kiev tries to march on Crimea?

Personally, It doesn't make sense for Russia to now try and take Eastern Ukraine when he has taken back Crimea without a shot being fired.To go further is kicking the hornets nest just when they are starting to realize whats happened isn't so bad.
If the majority of Crimea wants to be Russian, is it possible Kiev and Western Ukraine can learn to live with it?

yeah Russians need to take up defensive positions your joking right? So its ok for a country to set up defensive positions in another country. Im pretty sure Russia wouldnt allow Kiev to have defensive positions outside of moscow.You have not only bought the russian propaganda now you're trying to sell it to others problem is no one else is buying it.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   

This almost brought a tear to my eye, being i'm from Belgium, this feels all to familiar, referring to this pat

Many people in Crimea and eastern Ukraine don't want the protection of Russian President Vladimir Putin. But there are some who are afraid of forced Ukraineization because they have been fed propaganda by Russian TV channels for years. The purpose is to convince Ukrainians that we are divided, not one country, and that the safest course of action for Russian-speaking areas is to break away and join Russia.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

maddy21

there is so much propaganda going around on both sides i have no clue whom to believe..

same, all i know is that the ruble is going down according to my personal russian acquaintance.

link   

asen_y2k

Agit8dChop

asen_y2k
Just in, from Ukrainian media:

Expected invasion of our eastern cities - Lutsenko Former Interior Minister

In addition, ex-official urged residents of the eastern regions, in particular, Lugansk, Donetsk, Kharkiv, Mykolaiv, Kherson, Zaporozhye, Dnepropetrovsk, Simferopol, Odessa exit March 5 at anti-war rallies. "We have to deserve even regain their independence," - he added.

This comes across as propaganda.
If you were genuinely worried about your eastern cities being invaded by Russia, why would you then in the same breathe ask the people to take to the streets and protest against war? why aren't you telling the people to leave/prepare and sending the military in?

sounds to me like someone screaming invasion, then sending in the thugs to smash windows and beat people up so the western media follows the ''invasion'' line.

There are reasons, i really dont want to discuss here.

Ill tell you why its the only option left to help save there country and they know it. Its going tobe up to the people to prevent this takeover the Ukraine's military wont even be a speed bump.

link   

Has this video of the standoff between Ukrainians, and Russians, been posted yet? It was at the Belbek airbase, and shows Russians firing into the air, when they saw the unarmed Ukrainians marching towards them.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   

maddy21

You don't have to believe anyone. Eventually, the dust will settle and you can judge for yourself how things turned out.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Catacomb

Has this video of the standoff between Ukrainians, and Russians, been posted yet? It was at the Belbek airbase, and shows Russians firing into the air, when they saw the unarmed Ukrainians marching towards them.

Those Ukrainians showed alot of courage marching up to a position carrying a flag and singing the Ukrainian national anthem. That could have easily gone the other way and they were not armed.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
www.reuters.com...

Ukraine's telecommunications system has come under attack, with equipment installed in Russian-controlled Crimea used to interfere with the mobile phones of members of parliament, the head of Ukraine's SBU security service said on Tuesday.

Georgia was hit by Cyber attacks before Russian invasion too

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   

dragonridr
yeah Russians need to take up defensive positions your joking right? So its ok for a country to set up defensive positions in another country. Im pretty sure Russia wouldnt allow Kiev to have defensive positions outside of moscow.You have not only bought the russian propaganda now you're trying to sell it to others problem is no one else is buying it.

considering Moscow hasn't put defensive positions outside of Kiev, your lashing out a bit.
Secondly, considering that Crimea contains Russian bases and navy ports, it doesn't sound too far fetched that Russia would setup defensive positions around these places considering the rhetoric coming from Kiev and the west.

But I admit, I wasn't aware these places were not near Crimea, perhaps if you read my post after instead of jumping at throats you wouldn't have posted so brash?

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
As a person who speaks Russian and English fluently, i can see both sides of the coin. Best thing to do now is restrain , its a propaganda war. It does not matter who is right or wrong right now, everybody will be acting like the victim regardless. Europe and US will only try to stir things to their interest. Take things objectively if there was profit to be made, wouldn't you do the same ? Those in power on both sides do not see the situation as people on the ground, for them that is irrelevant they move their pieces on the board according to their agendas, cant blame them its human nature. I have friends in Ukraine as well , from Russian also, i myself live in UK. No matter what all of them say i can clearly see one thing ; There is a big rift in understanding between these 3 sides, so big that is almost scary, hope logic will prevail.
edit on 0amx00000054 by Laxus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Sorry double post.
edit on 0amxu31 by Laxus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   

The situation explained in 7 seconds.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

dragonridr

Catacomb

Those Ukrainians showed alot of courage marching up to a position carrying a flag and singing the Ukrainian national anthem. That could have easily gone the other way and they were not armed.

We can thank that to the soberness of Russian soldiers as I see it.
Also, something is highly suspicious with that footage imo, lots of cameras and journalists, it's almost looks like that whole event is prearanged.
Media war is as equaly dangerous as conventional war.
edit on 4-3-2014 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Agit8dChop

dragonridr

considering Moscow hasn't put defensive positions outside of Kiev, your lashing out a bit.
Secondly, considering that Crimea contains Russian bases and navy ports, it doesn't sound too far fetched that Russia would setup defensive positions around these places considering the rhetoric coming from Kiev and the west.

But I admit, I wasn't aware these places were not near Crimea, perhaps if you read my post after instead of jumping at throats you wouldn't have posted so brash?

Im sorry didnt mean to break up the Putin love fest you had going on there. But look at the facts countries do not set up defensive positions in other countries. See when that happens its called an invasion and it involves armed troops like the ones Russia has sent into another country. Just stick with the facts and and you wont have A PROBLEM ON WHO TO BELIEVE. As far as the government of Ukraine simple they found out there president stole billions of dollars was killing its citizens in the street on his orders. Sounds to me like the Ukrainian parliament had no choice but to remove him. The interim president is under their control they are the elected government of the country and are acting in the countries best intrest. So the whole government isnt legitimate thing doesnt cut it even China recognized there sovereignty. If you take my statements as harsh sorry but i dont believe you should play games with peoples lives. The Ukrainians have alot to lose up to and including their lives the least we can do is acknowledge their cause and not let the victor rewrite history. When the chinese stood in the way of tanks in red square he fought for an ideal this is the same situation it may not change the inevitable but i admire their courage for trying.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   

zilebeliveunknown

dragonridr

Catacomb

We can thank that to the soberness of Russian soldiers as I see it.
Also, something is highly suspicious with that footage imo, lots of cameras and journalists, it's almost looks like that whole event is prearanged.
Media war is as equaly dangerous as conventional war.
edit on 4-3-2014 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

They were already there im sure reporters have been camped outside the basses in fact thats the only reason the Russians havnt forced their way in and is surrounding them instead.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

MessageforAll

This almost brought a tear to my eye, being i'm from Belgium, this feels all to familiar, referring to this pat

Your from Belgium?? Beer and chocolate..i like it.

A short story to show you people don't forget what happened in the WW2, in The Ukraine AND in Belgium.

My grandfather land in Europe on D-Day, in the 2nd wave. He made it through France and anto belgium, where he was one of the first to enter and liberate Ghent.
He was billeted with a Belgian family who had lived all the war under nazi occupation and everything that went with it.
He had a friend in the army service corp, who would pass him things for the family.
Pencils and coloring pencils and paper and things to draw with for the kids, and above all food and even chocolate.
The youngest of the family Miriam was about 17 when the war ended, and she never forgot what my granfather did for her and her family.
After the war, the family did well, Miriam married the man who would go on to become the editor of the biggest selling paper in Ghent.
Every year from the 1950's until they died, my grandmother and grandfather were invited every year to stay with Miriam and her family for a month, all expenses paid, they never spent a penny and Miriam would never accept one either.
I met her once, when i was about 14, and she told me she could never repay the simple kindness of what my grandfather did.

People don't forget..In the Ukraine theres a lot of hate and a lot of memories from the war and the Russian occupation.
edit on AM2Tue20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join