It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 97
<< 94  95  96    98  99  100 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   

DJW001
reply to post by weirdguy

Putin said that Crimea's Government is legit because they have followed the correct set of regulation to form government.

According to whom?

According to Putin ... nothing else matters

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   

DJW001

Putin said that Crimea's Government is legit because they have followed the correct set of regulation to form government.

According to whom?

Putin said it during the interview.
He does not recognize Ukraine's new government as they did not go through the proper procedures. He even questioned "This is democracy?"

He then went on to say that Crimea's Government is legit because they did do it correctly....apparently

link   
reply to post by xavi1000

So, what effect will this have on the US and world economies if Russia made good on these threats? How much in loans have western/US banks given to Russia? How many countries would be willing to trade, let's say oil, for something other than the USD?

What effect would US sanctions have on Russia but, more importantly, what would the backlash be to the US economy?

If the Western Powers imposed sanctions and a boycott, wouldn't Russia still be able to trade with Asia, Middle East, Africa and South America?

link   

DJW001

According to whom?

I would assume according to Ukrainian law...

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Hithe Merinos

Well said, Abby.

The people are always the pawns. I will add though the Ukrainian people are not the only pawns here. So are the Russian people who call Ukraine their home and who along with the Ukrainian people are being used against each other, and the vast majority of them probably even don't know how this happened. I'd also add that, for many, maybe even Putin himself, the Cold War never really ended. They didn't want it to.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   

How the EFF is invading another country proper process

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   

DJW001

andy1972

DJW001

andy1972

DJW001

andy1972

deviant300
I don;t understand whats coming out of President Putins mouth when he says he isn't any troops in to Ukraine yet. But mistake me if I'm wrong but hasn't Russia already sent in troops on to Ukrainian soil. Isn't this what all the fiasco is all about? Hence the International community calling for Putin to pull Russian troops out of Crimea.

Thats right - the Russians are in the Republic of Crimea..not the Ukraine.

There was no "Republic of Crimea" until two days ago when Russia took it over!

Well now there is, so they arn't in Ukraine now..

If you were a Russian soldier, would you be willing to die for the brand new Republic of Crimea?

If you were an American soldier, would you be willing to die for Exxon or Chevron??

I leave you with Alfred Lord Tennyson -

Their's not to make reply.
Their's not to reason why.
Their's but to do or die.
Into the valley of Death rode the six hundred.
edit on AM2Tue20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

No, but I would be willing to die to put Putin in his place. The Russian army is weeks away from the its worst mutiny since World War I.

Then you sir, will never be soldier.

When you put your hand on the bible and you swear an allegiance to a queen, her heirs and the generals and officers set over you, it's a concious choice you make.
You go where they send you.
You fight who they send you to fight.
Why's and whefores are for afterwards.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ukranianprincess

well have the Russian Federation actually "invaded" ?

more I would say they are protecting their assets and bases inside Crimea from the fascists now in Kiev, not to mention protecting the citizens of Crimea from these thugs.

I have not seen a massive invasion force.....a few soldiers and some vehicles does not make an invasion, there were some troops and vehicles there already....

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by celticniall

Crimea is not in Russia it's in Ukraine

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   

ukranianprincess

Even so, Russia have considerable interests there, with agreements in place with Ukraine.....these are under threat by the thugs now in Kiev....

Russia Black Sea Fleet has bases in Crimea

Russia Black Sea Fleet

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   

weirdguy
Well, Neo-Nazi's have been gaining numbers throughout Europe including the UK.

Have they???? Really???? I don`t think so.

ukranianprincess
reply to post by andy1972

Crimea is ukranian.......it was given to them (drunken rampage or not) so it's theirs

Yes it was given to them by Russia!!!! It was more of a gesture of friendship between the two countries and the person who brokered this gesture was Ukrainian. After what has unfolded in the last 2-3 weeks I think Russia are justifiably taking back control of Crimea.

He has done nothing illegal and I`m pretty certain this won`t kick start WW3.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   

These are not reasons to invade

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   

celticniall

DJW001

According to whom?

I would assume according to Ukrainian law...

You assume wrong.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Last time i checked, the people of ukraine got to choose who took control of their country, as opposed to you know, another country?

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by fenian8

yeh, because the UK has no white supremacy right?

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   

show me the invasion......have you any information to add here or just disagree with everything anyone says that isn't in total defense of the thugs in Kiev?

...and back to the regular programming.....

Summary of Putin's Interview from RT

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   

celticniall

ukranianprincess

Even so, Russia have considerable interests there, with agreements in place with Ukraine.....these are under threat by the thugs now in Kiev....

Russia Black Sea Fleet has bases in Crimea

Russia Black Sea Fleet
There has been no suggestion that Russia's interests in the Crimea region are "under threat". Secondly, Mr Putin has provided baseless excuses as to why he ordered his forces into the Crimea. If his military forces were there to protect their interests then why aren't they protecting them on an individual basis? Why have they gained control of Crimea? This is an invasion, a direct breach of international law.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   

They crossed a boarder into another country and took up in their bases.......thats an invasion not a "humanitarian mission" like king Vlad claims.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by xxdaniel21

ah so on one hand we have the West inciting a coup by fascist thugs and extreme groups.......which is perfectly ok

and on the other hand, Russia steps in to secure it's assets in Crimea and prevent chaos (in a response to a request from the still legitimate leader of Ukraine)....and it's an outrage...sheesh

continue to lap up the MSM slant on this

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Were there not already Russian troops stationed in Crimea?????

They were already there!

top topics

<< 94  95  96    98  99  100 >>

join