It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 96
<< 93  94  95    97  98  99 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

I wouldnt die for anything king Vlad said

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Could we keep the Hilter stuff away from this thread? It's starting to feel like derailing. Just stick to the updates and discuss them.
I think most of us will agree with this.

I gotta say I found the interview interesting, All bias aside of course it's still propaganda against propaganda.

The interview

Putin denies Russia’s intervention will violate the Budapest Agreement:

When we show that this is anti-constitutional coup, they say: ‘No … it’s a revolution.’ … If it’s a revolution, what does that mean? It’s hard not to agree that a new government is appearing in this country, just like in Russia after 1917 …. We didn’t sign any documents with this government.

Putin says Russia is ready to provide financial aid to Ukraine, but Western requests and late gas payments are preventing it from doing so:

We are ready to look at providing additional tranches ... But our Western partners are asking us not to do this, they are asking us to work within the framework of the IMF to force economic reforms in Ukraine …But since Ukraine is currently not paying for gas, we are considering different options

If Ukraine holds elections under current conditions of “terror”, Russia will not recognise the results, says Putin.

He compares the chaotic situation in Ukraine to that in Germany before the rise of the Nazis:

I agree with Maidan’s demand for cardinal change in power … but there is the danger that a fascist element will come to the fore, and some anti-semite will come to power

He talks of seeing pictures of people wearing swastikas.

Putin implies that the West stands behind regime-change in Ukraine:

I think that this was all well-prepared, of course there are military units and they are there to this day, they are well-prepared and in this the Western instructors did well

Change in regime is probably necessary, but only in a legitimate manner according to the current constitution.

He says Russia has good relations with a number of figures within Ukraine but there could be “serious consequences” if some “unknown” person comes to power.

Yulia Tymoshenko is welcome to come to Moscow but she is not part of the government.

He is asked, somewhat bizarrely, whether Yanukovych is dead (the ousted president gave a press conference on Friday). Putin says: “He is very alive.”

Asked whether he sympathises with Yanukovych, Putin says: “No.”

And that is all. The press conference has ended.
edit on thAmerica/Chicago304000000k2014 by MessageforAll because: (no reason given)

edit on thAmerica/Chicago304uk2014 by MessageforAll because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   

celticniall
reply to post by DJW001

He is still legitimate in Russian eyes, and they aren't the only ones.....and was removed illegally......

Are you an expert in Ukrainian constitutional law?

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   

OpinionatedB
reply to post by ukranianprincess

At least he is not getting all his big brothers, he has the balls to do what he feels needs done on his own two feet.

Hahaha. This is funny. He thinks he is the big brother. Who allegedly was the one called, allegedly by his lil brother either before or after little brother was ousted.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   

DJW001

andy1972

DJW001

andy1972

deviant300
I don;t understand whats coming out of President Putins mouth when he says he isn't any troops in to Ukraine yet. But mistake me if I'm wrong but hasn't Russia already sent in troops on to Ukrainian soil. Isn't this what all the fiasco is all about? Hence the International community calling for Putin to pull Russian troops out of Crimea.

Thats right - the Russians are in the Republic of Crimea..not the Ukraine.

There was no "Republic of Crimea" until two days ago when Russia took it over!

Well now there is, so they arn't in Ukraine now..

If you were a Russian soldier, would you be willing to die for the brand new Republic of Crimea?

If you were an American soldier, would you be willing to die for Exxon or Chevron??

I leave you with Alfred Lord Tennyson -

Their's not to make reply.
Their's not to reason why.
Their's but to do or die.
Into the valley of Death rode the six hundred.
edit on AM2Tue20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   

andy1972

DJW001

andy1972

DJW001

andy1972

deviant300
I don;t understand whats coming out of President Putins mouth when he says he isn't any troops in to Ukraine yet. But mistake me if I'm wrong but hasn't Russia already sent in troops on to Ukrainian soil. Isn't this what all the fiasco is all about? Hence the International community calling for Putin to pull Russian troops out of Crimea.

Thats right - the Russians are in the Republic of Crimea..not the Ukraine.

There was no "Republic of Crimea" until two days ago when Russia took it over!

Well now there is, so they arn't in Ukraine now..

If you were a Russian soldier, would you be willing to die for the brand new Republic of Crimea?

If you were an American soldier, would you be willing to die for Exxon or Chevron??

I leave you with Alfred Lord Tennyson -

Their's not to make reply.
Their's not to reason why.
Their's but to do or die.
Into the valley of Death rode the six hundred.
edit on AM2Tue20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

No, but I would be willing to die to put Putin in his place. The Russian army is weeks away from the its worst mutiny since World War I.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

And he effectively told America and NATO where they can go stick it

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Just to keep the mood light.
le danse macabre

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ukranianprincess

and rightly so

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Twitter news coming in Crimea's new Prime Minister Sergey Aksenov declares independence from Ukraine and takes control of military

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

Link please

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Well, Neo-Nazi's have been gaining numbers throughout Europe including the UK.
And we all know that the US likes to use extremists to create division in any particular country. I thought it was pretty cool how he just came out and said it, but I still don't buy the "peacekeeper" thing.

It still looks to me like there will be a formal split into East/West Ukraine just no walls involved this time around. Putin said that Crimea's Government is legit because they have followed the correct set of regulation to form government. So I think that is how this will play out until Crimea has that referendum in 4 weeks or so and goes for independence, possible taking more Eastern Ukraine states along with it.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   

maddy21
Twitter news coming in Crimea's new Prime Minister Sergey Aksenov declares independence from Ukraine and takes control of military

Yep, that's what I was talking about.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   

At the very end of the 3/3/2014 episode of Russia Today's Breaking the Set, Abby Martin reads a monolog explaining her own personal position about Russia and the United States meddling with the sovereignty of the Ukrainian people

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I think Putin means to separate Eastern Ukraine and Crimea from Ukraine to create a separate independent state which apparently will not be under the Budapest memorandum ...

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   

maddy21
I think Putin means to separate Eastern Ukraine and Crimea from Ukraine to create a separate independent state which apparently will not be under the Budapest memorandum ...

yep, and if Ukraine wants to fight about it he will use force if required.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

Do you think king Vlad gives a toss about any agreement ???? I think not

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by weirdguy

Putin said that Crimea's Government is legit because they have followed the correct set of regulation to form government.

According to whom?

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Himself most probably

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MessageforAll

Nah, Bush was saying good stuff all the time. I kinda liked him too. Its still rather about "WHERE ARE RUSSIANS THERE IS RUSSIA". I dont like russians buying a whole spa city in my country. No one likes to read azbuka on the streets and to see stupid Moscow-style villages growing without official permits. Its natural to feel they are ants and cockroaches. Every nation has the right for self-determination and even a little civil war from time to time to move on without any interventions and annexation. Its their constitution after all and there cant be any outer police to request anything. They have lost the right after several African genocides without much concern. US lost it too. If they love Russia so badly they should feel free to go to Russia.

new topics

top topics

<< 93  94  95    97  98  99 >>

join