It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 95
<< 92  93  94    96  97  98 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Ukraine wasn't part of Russia before it was, though.

I don't disagree entirely.

link   
While you shouldnt trust politicians, I believe that its interviews like that this put Putin above all western leaders.

He's sitting down, in a candid interview without notes, without prompters without people by his side.

he's brave enough and honest enough to take question after question after question from a range of reporters.

Obama would NEVER do this, ever. Because he knows if the reporters are allowed to ask a continuous stream of questions, he'd have no choice but to walk out, sit in silence or incriminate the US government on multiple charges of theft, murder, treason and corruption.

Bravo to Putin, much respect for him after tonight.

link   
reply to post by DJW001

He is still legitimate in Russian eyes, and they aren't the only ones.....and was removed illegally......

link   

weirdguy
Well this is ATS so it's time for a spanner in the works.
First, Foreign Press were banned from the interview.
Second, according to the Al Jazeera live blog it may be pre-recorded.

Putin is no longer making a live statement at 0830 GMT. It will be pre-recorded [AP]

They sourced this from Associated Press [AP]
live.aljazeera.com...

So is this whole thing staged BS?
I'll leave it for you guys to decide.

RT announced this morning it would be pre-recorded and not live.

link   
I don;t understand whats coming out of President Putins mouth when he says he isn't any troops in to Ukraine yet. But mistake me if I'm wrong but hasn't Russia already sent in troops on to Ukrainian soil. Isn't this what all the fiasco is all about? Hence the International community calling for Putin to pull Russian troops out of Crimea.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by celticniall

I do not expect escalation.....you watch

Surprise!

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by weirdguy

Al-Jazeera works with western interests. Don't trust that bunch of liars any farther than I can throw them.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   

deviant300
I don;t understand whats coming out of President Putins mouth when he says he isn't any troops in to Ukraine yet. But mistake me if I'm wrong but hasn't Russia already sent in troops on to Ukrainian soil. Isn't this what all the fiasco is all about? Hence the International community calling for Putin to pull Russian troops out of Crimea.

Thats right - the Russians are in the Republic of Crimea..not the Ukraine, thats how he see's it.
edit on AM2Tue20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by deviant300

It's BS comming out of his mouth

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   

ukranianprincess

Hitler thought he was justified and legitimate as well.

I think its funny how everything always leads back to Hitler. Like he is the staple comparison for all things evil. There are just as many good examples in the present as there are in the past. I'm not pro-Russian or pro any nation for that matter...not anymore. It's silly watching all these nation states squabble over land and strategic positioning like it was the 19th century.

We clearly haven't learned a thing from any war civilization has had to endure. We defend invisible walls that supposedly define who we are. Yet when one power decides to absorb another justified through manufactured grievances or assistance, everyone argues who's point is more valid why countless thousands perish.

All that being said, Russia has an important strategic reason for holding Crimea and I just can't see him letting go without major MAJOR global public outcry. As it stands, the west will likely have to use Crimea as a bargaining chip to prevent Putin from invading further. I'm sure Putin is watching the news with a big grin and thinking to himself: "Oh Crimea river..."

link   
Even more winning for Putin.

'Russian Market ‏@russian_market · 3 min
Sberbank in London shoots higher +7,45% Gazprom +10%, Lukoil +6,37% as VVP speaks in Moscow.'

link   

andy1972

deviant300

Thats right - the Russians are in the Republic of Crimea..not the Ukraine.

There was no "Republic of Crimea" until two days ago when Russia took it over!

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   

DJW001

andy1972

deviant300

Well now there is, so they arn't in Ukraine now..

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

Crimea is ukranian.......it was given to them (drunken rampage or not) so it's theirs

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   

ukranianprincess

Hitler thought he was justified and legitimate as well.

Seriously it's lame excuse and grasping at straws relating Hitler to Putin, without knowing the fact how many millions Russians Hitler killed, and on another hand it was Ukraine who collaborated with Nazi's during WWII.
Even though I find myself somewhat personally affected by all this mess I try to refrain from posting any bias opinion, and last time I checked this site is not for propaganda use.

link   

DJW001

andy1972

deviant300

The 1997 Partition Treaty gives Russia the right to keep 25,000 troops in Crimean bases. Legally they are perfectly entitled to be there.

link   

andy1972

DJW001

andy1972

deviant300

Well now there is, so they arn't in Ukraine now..

If you were a Russian soldier, would you be willing to die for the brand new Republic of Crimea?

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ukranianprincess

and of course you believe every word out of western politicians?

all your one line responses.....its easy to see your game....

link   

khimbar

DJW001

andy1972

deviant300

The 1997 Partition Treaty gives Russia the right to keep 25,000 troops in Crimean bases. Legally they are perfectly entitled to be there.

The Ukrainian forces are legally entitled to be on their bases there too, since it is still, technically, Ukraine. That is what all the shooting that is about to happen is all about.

link   
reply to post by DJW001

To keep the west out of Russian interests after their president asked for Russia's assistance... after seeing how the west stirs up these little civil wars and then takes full advantage?

Hell yes if I was a Russian I would...

new topics

top topics

<< 92  93  94    96  97  98 >>

join