It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 88
<< 85  86  87    89  90  91 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Putin persecutes homosexuals in his own country, then goes and enters another country through the back door.

Very mixed messages from Russia.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
This entire situation is tragic, and not only for the Ukrainians. It's beyond obvious that a geopolitical game is afoot, with the real intention of isolating Russia. Putin could not, sanely, abide this. It's equally unfortunate that he might have so grand and concrete an ego that to step back now or retreat would be antithetical to his personality.

Dangerous days for most involved. The Russian people will suffer for this.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   

john452
reply to post by Bigburgh

I believe you need to consult a map. Turkey could close off the med regardless of whether they have a base in Ukraine.

That was my point. After Russia secures its ports in Ukraine..the last line out would be Istanbul Turkey. Who has the right in peace and wartime to close off that stretch to the Mediterranean gulf..then onto exporting to the rest of the world.

Edit..so Russia move after that should be buying off turkey..and turkey has a history of changing allies at will.
edit on 3-3-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
More news, can anyone verify: big refinery in Russia on fire, 'largest refinery in Europe'
www.easybranches.eu...

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Milleresque

That appears to be the only logical reason for this. More than that I fear Putin sees himself the new Czar and wants to return Russia to the glory of 19th century Russia.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   

They can close it regardless as they control who travels from the black sea to the med. All of Ukraine's coastline is within the black sea region.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   

TheBoomersRBusted
More news, can anyone verify: big refinery in Russia on fire, 'largest refinery in Europe'
www.easybranches.eu...

If this site is legit..the date is right. 3/4/14...
Attack?
It would only make Russia more in need of its pipelines for exporting out of the Ukraine.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Replied to wrong post

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Bigburgh

john452

I believe you need to consult a map. Turkey could close off the med regardless of whether they have a base in Ukraine.

That was my point. After Russia secures its ports in Ukraine..the last line out would be Istanbul Turkey. Who has the right in peace and wartime to close off that stretch to the Mediterranean gulf..then onto exporting to the rest of the world.

Edit..so Russia move after that should be buying off turkey..and turkey has a history of changing allies at will.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
purim 2014 demotivation.me... oil on canvas
edit on 3/3/14 by mangust69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by john452

Part of me thinks there is a bit of twisted psychology behind all of this..
besides Russia's strategic interest in Crimea.

Russia took A LOT of criticism leading up to and during the Olympics - endless mainstream media coverage and social media buzz about backward internal politics, widespread corruption, anti-gay laws, archaic accommodations, etc.

I can imagine that didn't sit too well with Putin, who seems to take great pride in demonstrating his manliness and prowess at every turn. Besides the geopolitics of it, he could well be flexing his muscle in Ukraine to compensate for all of the perceived affronts and insults to Russia these last few months.

The other wild card that may embolden him is Snowden. Whatever Snowden knows, Putin knows by either coercion or collusion. He might have an ace-in-the-hole that will render any U.S. opposition to Russian aggression quite impotent.
edit on 3/3/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

john452

They can close it regardless as they control who travels from the black sea to the med. All of Ukraine's coastline is within the black sea region.

OK that's better.. I agree with you..re read what I said

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Yes I see that now. No worries sometimes I argue with myself and I'm sorry you had to get involved this time

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by john452

Lol..no problem..thought I got a virus that was sending the wrong info..or perhaps I am to tired...the last thing I want to do is anger a fellow ATS'r

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by john452

I guess we all better order our russian brides before its too late.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   

TheBoomersRBusted
www.easybranches.eu...

I can confirm that the building in the foreground is in Neftekamsk, Russia. Cannot confirm that the refinery is on fire or if its a photoshop job.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

I found the cheap shots to be disappointing and was very supportive of Russia during the Olympics as I always support who I may perceive to be the under dog as a reflex action. Now I don't know what to think. It's just horrible! It was a massive turn around from euphoria and hope for the future to confusion and despair.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   

So we know Turkey is key after all of this..the U.S. has a base or 2 there. But as I recall. Turkey threatened to expel the U.S. a month or so ago.
So as a famous movie line said. " if you're ever walking on eggs. Don't hop"as in the united states.

Edit.. that was for john452..

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by supamang

You're killing me kid..lol

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by supamang

Genius...

top topics

<< 85  86  87    89  90  91 >>

join