It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 85
<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

I would make a terrible politician.
To many folks here bring very valid points to all sides of the argument.
But more importantly..I feel for the public on both sides in the Ukraine that will not be able to defend themselves when and if bullets fly.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

SheopleNation
Do the majority of Ukrainians support Russia or not?

I know this wasn't directed at my but I'd like to point something out.
In the 1930's the Ukrainians hated the Russians because of the soviets great famine against Ukraine.
This is why the Ukrainians welcomed the Nazi's initially.

Fast Forward to the cold war, you have the USSR gifting Crimea to the Ukraine (it came as a surprise) and a gift because they were then under the Soviet Umbrella of control.

Presently, the population is 60% Russian, 25% Ukrainian and 12% Crimean Tatars.

When you put all this together Ukraine will be forced to hand back Crimea or have its little butt kicked and/or the new administration embarrassed and forced to flee Kiev.

Its the only option available.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Bigburgh
But more importantly..I feel for the public on both sides in the Ukraine that will not be able to defend themselves when and if bullets fly.

Me neither my friend, and I agree with what you said. It's just sad that the innocent who just want to live life surrounded by their own families and friends, watch each others children grow up and just be left the hell alone, are the people who end up suffering as the result of evil Men.

Let's all hope commonsense will prevail. It seems to be a trait that is seriously lacking during these recent times. ~$heopleNation

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

Can you give us an idea of how many people died prior to the "invasion" compared to how many have died since. Western media sources seem to be a little tight-lipped about those stats at the moment.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Don't know if this is all that new , but Anderson Cooper just said ' breaking news, the US has suspended bi lateral trade with Russia' . . . . . .

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Ploutonas

2nd) China threatens USA, that IF THEY DARE to impliment restrictions or any moves against Russia, they will demand ALL the american debt in pure gold, or else war. Also if they DARE to bring the matter into NATO, China will VETO. links
They also provide this link

]

I have to say,.
if China is makin threats like that behind our backs
then well L O L
i say to china.. You want your gold.. come and get it..
fluff.. pure fluff

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   

ThePublicEnemyNo1
I've been too involved in this thread. Personally, at this point it's pointless. All the propaganda so called news coming from 1,000,000 directions is ridiculous as many news outlets have had to change their stories several times, which in turn causes anxiety and confusion for many. The majority of you seem to be siding with one or the other. What's troubling about that is that as far as I know, the only one from the ATS community right now that's actually in Ukraine is asen_y2k, and he has done a wonderful job of reporting what he can. So how can anyone anywhere else, side with one or the other, when none of us have absolute facts as to what's going on over there? ... But, please for the love of planet earth and all of us, please stop wishing and throwing your fist for a WWIII, while simutaneously calling Putin insane. That's one of the most insane and discouraging sentiments floating around this entire thread. None of us truly want that...at least I don't.

You've been one of the finest contributors on this topic, Public. You express my thoughts here exactly. Well said and thank you for saying it.

Likely many of our politicians don't even know all the ins-and-outs. To what extent the Military Industrial Complex, the Zionists, the Eugenics crowd and other extremist elitist groups may be involved is beyond our capcality from this early, outside view. It's a sad fact that we rarely understand what has happened until it's long over. If WW3 does occur, only afterwards are we likely to understand why (if anyone survives it.) It's a horrible shame, because otherwise such horrific events could be avoided. The Internet is the most power resource the people have ever had to find the truth. Those who have something valuable should share it, otherwise all the guesswork (which could be done in private) just serves as a big distraction.

Here's hoping that another Edward Snowden comes along and blows some important info out of the water in time for whatever is really going on here to be crushed before it gets started.

(And yes, it's very complex because many different governments and organizations, interests and allegiances become involved, but ultimately pushing for WW3 is madness and we all know it. Who has reason to be so desperate in these days of mass info awareness? I can think of a crowd or two.)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

well it's 95 for now

www.novinite.com...
edit on 3-3-2014 by Dolby_X because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Im sure Russia is shaking now! LOL

reply to post by schmae

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Its almost on....

on the NATO website, Poland is requesting activation of Article 4 of the treaty due to feeling immediately threatened by Russias actions in neighbouring Ukraine.

Thankyou Poland....your gesture shall not be forgotten by the Ukrainian people.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Agit8dChop
I know this wasn't directed at my but I'd like to point something out.
In the 1930's the Ukrainians hated the Russians because of the soviets great famine against Ukraine.
This is why the Ukrainians welcomed the Nazi's initially.

Yeah I know about that buddy.

Fast Forward to the cold war, you have the USSR gifting Crimea to the Ukraine (it came as a surprise) and a gift because they were then under the Soviet Umbrella of control.

A very good fact made by you that many people are not aware of, just as many are not aware of the fact that the Ukraine surrendered their former Soviet Nuclear warheads back to Russia.

Presently, the population is 60% Russian, 25% Ukrainian and 12% Crimean Tatars.

I have heard those numbers before concerning the Ukrainians, I just want to make sure that those calculations are correct, and not like some CNN or FOX News bs poll, know what I mean?

When you put all this together Ukraine will be forced to hand back Crimea or have its little butt kicked and/or the new administration embarrassed and forced to flee Kiev.

That does make some sense Agit8dCho.

Its the only option available.

I am just watching on the sidelines over here in the West. I have followed Eastern European history for a very long time, I kind of branched off into it after being so into World War 2 history.

Anyway, I am smart enough to understand that this situation involves many factors, and is far from being worked out, and I just want the best for the people, and their families over there. ~$heopleNation

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Bigburgh

rather you than some others already in power

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

Thanks.

This is an important development.

Here is the link:

www.nato.int...

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

I thought the same thing. The US throws everything at them and Russia just shakes their head .

Erin Burnett " Can anything stop Putin" ? Not anything the US does.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Yeah this was brought up a few hours ago, haven't heard anything since. I'm curious how NATO will respond to a member of NATO. I have this feeling that they will do nothing, even tho they are absolutely obligated to do something..

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

I don't know where or why I thought I heard this.
But talk in this household in regards to those nukes is..not all are accounted for.
Is this true?
edit on 3-3-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

Edit. And those sources come from family in rockville MD. And near Chantilly...cough! Langly..hork cough ...NRA building army Intel office..hack cough....sorry clearing throat.
edit on 3-3-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

SheopleNation

Bigburgh

Me neither my friend, and I agree with what you said. It's just sad that the innocent who just want to live life surrounded by their own families and friends, watch each others children grow up and just be left the hell alone, are the people who end up suffering as the result of evil Men.

Let's all hope commonsense will prevail. It seems to be a trait that is seriously lacking during these recent times. ~$heopleNation

Russian troops are not going to shoot anyone. From what I can tell by reports here in Canada on the CBC is that Ukrainians are really not all that threatened by the troops. It is business as usual.

I personally think that, as hard as the western media is selling the idea that the troop activity was an act of aggression against the Ukrainian people, that is not the case. The media is using the words - protesters and Russian forces - in the same sentence. Over and over and over again. Are the protesters there for the protesters? No. They are there for bases. And security. Rebel forces have shown a pattern of popping up during these recent and coincidental regime changes.

Mother Russia raised no fool.

If Ukraine wants to break bread with the west then that is fine and dandy, but now those boarders are hostile and Russia is right to stack the deck right off the bat. I don't think the plans on leaving a consulate and state department to deal with it politically and play spy games. A strong and immediate presence sounds like a good idea. US would do the same thing.

Once again Russia calls their bluff and the US and Canada are left with their jaws on the floor. I'm embarrassed. Actually Harper is used to it.

edit on 3-3-2014 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Wookiep

Yeah this was brought up a few hours ago, haven't heard anything since. I'm curious how NATO will respond to a member of NATO. I have this feeling that they will do nothing, even tho they are absolutely obligated to do something..

Actually they cant do nothing turkey has invoked this before as well it immediately scrambles NATO members. But i think were miss reading this a bit see now they can get troops right on the border all the time claiming a NATO member requested additional support. Its a way of getting troops into the theater without making it a direct conflict with Russia. See if NATO moved troops into Ukraine this guarantees a military conflict. If they send them to protect Poland than if something happens they just happen to be there. Something tells me the Russians arent going to like it if NATO starts moving troops around.Id say most likely what will happen is a couple of thousand troops are put on the ground and the rest of forces are stationed in turkey and germany on stand by to hit the ground in poland if need be.Poland is doing this on purpose with the intent of moving NATO to commit i just want to know if its there idea or NATOs.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

~Lucidity

Echtelion

~Lucidity

OpinionatedB
reply to post by DeadSeraph

It is not our fight, it is theirs.

Yeah well that didn't work out so well for Ukraine in 1919 and 1939, the last two times the world said this.

Didn't work out well for most of Europe in the late '30s.

Not like it matters much, but you seem to be having a tunnel vision...

You know full well there was a PUTSCH in Kiev on the 22, the morning after there was a political agreement between both parties to do something else. It prompted this reaction by Russia a few days later. It's not like "Ukraine" is not responsible of the current situation... some political faction PROVOKED it in Kiev, out of pressure by some neocon Western interests.

Not tunnelvision as much as concern for people who really just want to live their lives.

Like I said in the rest of my post, there's corruption on all sides. Horrendous corruption that grew a thousandfold once the USSR broke up and scattered its most corrupt to the winds.

They're already branding the Ukrainian nationals who remain true to their country as right wing extremists. Wonder how long before they're insurgents or terrorists?

Nah... don't try that rhetoric. Euromaidan was vastly controlled by these thugs. Leftists demonstrators were attacked and beaten by them. And making a putsch doesn't have much to do with "letting people do what they want", or free will. It's closer to the opposite.

It's NOT branding. Ukrainians are under the influence of right-wing extremist organizations, same ones who took over Kiev on the 22. This is well-documented, and there are tons of pictures out there showing Svoboda or Pravy Sektor protesters with celtic crosses and Nazi symbols and doing Seig Heils. These people see the Nazi collaborators of WW2 as the national heroes. This is those crazies who are now staffing the new government, and they NEVER have been elected by the Ukrainians. THIS IS A COUP!

You are the one who's being influenced by CNN propaganda, who carefully avoided this central issue... for not alarming the Jewish community among other things. But do your research and READ on these groups and their influence, as well as the neocon groups who have been funding them from Germany and the US for a long time. There's an whole side of the picture you're refusing to look at.
edit on 3/3/14 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join