It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 84
<< 81  82  83    85  86  87 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

john452
reply to post by KingJod

Fiji will be affect by war in Europe? Tell me more lol

Well if Putin is as crazy as everyone is saying and presses the big red button, nuclear fall out my friend. Affects everyone.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Echtelion

And militarily, China and Russia share a mutual defense pact

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Flyzoid

This is basically the plot of clancys last book. This is the opening move and they are seeing what the west will do.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

poet1b
reply to post by ~Lucidity

If France and Britain had stayed out of things, it is likely that WW I would not have happened, and then WW II would probably not have happened, and things would have probably been better for the Serbs as well.

The US has had some success in these ventures, S Korea would be the best example, but the rest of them are at best questionable, and some are clear failures.

But they didn't stay out of it, did they? And what's it matter when they got all the help, not Ukraine and all the other countries who were just a casualty of their bigger game, with barely an assist, certainly not to nearly the point of the aid given to the major players and some would argue orchestrators, of, say WWII.

Do you have any idea how many Ukrainians died during that war? And how many more were in the work and death camps? Take a look: www.infoukes.com...

And my grandparent, parents, aunts, uncles, and all their friends knew many of them.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

sheepslayer247
I'm watching the questioning of the Russian UN Security Council ambassador and he made it quite clear that there are "outside forces" responsible for the unrest that occurred in the Ukraine. Specifically, "western" interests.

Makes one wonder what the CIA is doing nowadays.

Wow the same anti west BS as the Assad regime is splerting

Ok so if this is true tell me one thing

How can the CIA brainwash the majority of the Ukrainan people, along with the Ukrainan government officials in Kiev

Did they go door to door with men in black flashy light things brainwashing them to disagree with there suspiciously super rich pm living in a theme park from Russian pay offs?

It's the same BS lies Russia used in Syria and then Began arming Assads minority in power puppet regime to the teeth to kill the operation

Same reasons for invading g Ukraine

This to not let the majority Sunni Muslims in Syria kick out Assad and favour western allies, invade Ukraine and force them at gun point to not side with the west

It's nothing short of a desperate attemp for Russia to put a gun to the head of "free will"

And it is free will because to brainwash this many people would be logistically and economically IMPOSSIBLE

IMPOSSIBILE!!!

It's the western values that attracts people to want to join or love there... Not spooks and the CIA

Madness the world gone mad and ignored all common sense and logic

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Echtelion

~Lucidity

OpinionatedB
reply to post by DeadSeraph

It is not our fight, it is theirs.

Yeah well that didn't work out so well for Ukraine in 1919 and 1939, the last two times the world said this.

Didn't work out well for most of Europe in the late '30s.

Not like it matters much, but you seem to be having a tunnel vision...

You know full well there was a PUTSCH in Kiev on the 22, the morning after there was a political agreement between both parties to do something else. It prompted this reaction by Russia a few days later. It's not like "Ukraine" is not responsible of the current situation... some political faction PROVOKED it in Kiev, out of pressure by some neocon Western interests.

Not tunnelvision as much as concern for people who really just want to live their lives.

Like I said in the rest of my post, there's corruption on all sides. Horrendous corruption that grew a thousandfold once the USSR broke up and scattered its most corrupt to the winds.

They're already branding the Ukrainian nationals who remain true to their country as right wing extremists. Wonder how long before they're insurgents or terrorists?

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TritonTaranis

no nneed to brainwash no one just need to pay some leader i'll ask you something you already asked me another day on what planet do you live ?

the west have nothing to do in there ?

pando.com...

but you are right west is not playing with Ukraine politic in the background to made this happen ... white as snow

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Russian Military Vehicles On The Move In Crimea

www.youtube.com...

some footage from earlier today

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

KingJod
Moscow Times : China Joins Russia

Another puzzle in place for Russia, China is officially on board.

Thats called propaganda for the russian people china already made a statement and said China always sticks to the principle of non-interference in any country's internal affairs and respects the independence, sovereignty and territorial integrity of Ukraine.
what this means is they talked to the Chinese explained their position and didnt get told it was wrong but thats not the Chinese way.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

all2human

Militarily NATO dwarfs Russia and China's military's combined 10 times over

Tbh

I china would find itself unable to get out of the Yellow Sea and secure enough oil for its machine not to mention feed a billion mouths on war ration packs...

China Without air superiority and a rather large thousands of miles logistical and supply line across the continent to Russia would mean not a lot of hardware and troop making it to the front lines in one piece

I'm sure nobody is fooled by a million men death marching after all this is the 21st century, troops count for s@*#t
edit on 3-3-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

all2human

Yeah, and when you combine the amount of Aircraft carriers that they have, it amounts to just two total. Russia has 1, and China has 1 Russian hand me down. LMAO!

China's Navy is laughable, they do however have a few more Subs than Russia, but most of them are small pieces of junk.

Now let's discuss Air power. Let me put it to you like this, We would annihilate both The Russians and The Chinese at the same time in that theater of war. That is not even including our combined Allied Airpower. Take note....

USA Military Aircraft - 13,683
Russian Military Aircraft - 3,082
Chinese Military Aircraft - 2,788

I rest my case.

Don't listen to the propaganda, read between the lies. Putin can feel like he is still sitting on his horse in the mountains with his shirt off for the time being, because we have a hand picked bankster puppet imbecile named Obama sitting in the Whitehouse right now. That will not always be the case though, TPTB will make the Bolshevik Putin eventually pay one way or another, trust me on that, those guys don't forget.

See, Behind the scenes Putin's demise is being planned as we speak. All Russia, and now China with their big mouths, have done is fall into the trap that the masters of puppets set for them. It does not surprise me either, I mean how much more could they take?

At the end of the day though, this is about the battle for resources. Been that way since the first gulf war, and it's about to get worse. Hopefully, cooler heads will prevail, and we all can find a way to live with one another in this crazy world. Something tells me that will not be the case when it's all said and done though. ~$heopleNation

edit on 3-3-2014 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Dolby_X
reply to post by TritonTaranis

no nneed to brainwash no one just need to pay some leader i'll ask you something you already asked me another day on what planet do you live ?

the west have nothing to do in there ?

pando.com...

but you are right west is not playing with Ukraine politic in the background to made this happen ... white as snow

You got that right... just cosy up to the leaders yeah?

i.dailymail.co.uk...

Is this why the majority of Ukraine couldn't be bought out like this man yeah?

Then wat?

Invade and force the people to swear allegiance at gun point when the people don't want it?
edit on 3-3-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Just over 30 minutes left until the end of the 5am deadline

4:27 AM
Tuesday, March 4, 2014 (EET)
Time in Crimea, Ukraine

NBC News is reporting that the Russian military has given Ukrainian forces in Crimea until 5 a.m. Tuesday (10 p.m. ET Monday) to surrender or face a military “storm,” according to Interfax.

I'm going to put some popcorn in the microwave.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I thought the Russian Govt denied that ultimatum and claimed it was false. Did I miss something?

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Agit8dChop
Just over 30 minutes left until the end of the 5am deadline

4:27 AM
Tuesday, March 4, 2014 (EET)
Time in Crimea, Ukraine

NBC News is reporting that the Russian military has given Ukrainian forces in Crimea until 5 a.m. Tuesday (10 p.m. ET Monday) to surrender or face a military “storm,” according to Interfax.

I'm going to put some popcorn in the microwave.

I'm baking up some leftover fried chicken for top of the hour. Call it nervous eating, to be honest. Go figure, the situation over there has depressed my appetite all day, and now I'm finally eating something, but out of nervousness. Whether or not this goes on a global scale is up for grabs and debatable, but one thing is certain: the people that live there don't deserve to be caught in any crossfire over a land grab. I'm truly worried for them.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Russian military convoy entering Crimea

www.youtube.com...

not sure of the city. many military vehicles arrived earlier in the day 3/3/14

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Although I was born and raised in England, and now live in Canada (7 years) I am a very Pro-Russian.

I'd like to finally chime on the current events.

First of all Invasion - I do not and will not accept this term. this area of Ukraine was on the road to autonomy; agreed they were no there yet, but it was around the corner. The people there see themselves as Russian, all but swear allegiance to Russia, and once autonomy had been granted I could have actually seen them becoming part of Russia, than their own independent nation. Due to this, when I hear the people there asked for assistance from Russia (their believe homeland) as they were scared what these pro european governmental protest thugs would do to them, and what their future had in store, I do not hear invasion, I hear Russia answering the call to help. Think of how Britain went to the Falklands, ok the Falklands is part of Britain, but the concept is the same, these people are British, although they live in the Falklands, as the people are Russian although they live in Crimea.

Secondly the protesters and Ukraine - In recent years countries and governments have been fallen and toppled by mass protests, some legitimate, in Ukraine's case, not so much in my opinion. These protesters in my opinion handled this terribly. They were offered an election, of which they could have democratically brought change to the country, but instead they brought terror to the streets, uncertainty and brought Ukraine to its knees and now on the brink of war with Russia. Russia in fact is the only country who may actually bring some stability to the Ukraine.

Thirdly - As a British Citizen and Canadian I would like to announce that I do not support my government in condemning Russia! I do not believe Russia is wrong, nor do I think we have any business stepping in AT THIS TIME.

Is this world war 3? I really think not. Russia will not allow it to get that far, but that does not mean they are weak, nor does it mean they will back down. The only thing I do hope is that the world leaders do not back Russia into a corner...because then yes WW3 could break out...Russia I believe if backed in a corner will bite back...and when it does...the world could feel it.

this is all just my opinion....which I'm sure 99% of people will not agree with

edit on 3-3-2014 by Walkingsenseless because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I am so tired of my phone blowing up with news about one of our politicians threatening Russia if they use force. We need to stay out of it. We are broke enough as it is. Yes we have lots of aircraft. Woo Hoo! We don't have the money to fuel, man, or load them with ammo. Hypocrites all of them.

I was not surprised when the naval officers for the Ukrainian military refused their orders and sided with Russia. That spoke volumes. Wondering how many of the Ukrainian soldiers will do the same.

Someone used the term Banksters war. Brilliant. That's exactly what this is.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkingsenseless

Well. 99.9% may. You wrote this up well. So I'll give a star.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkingsenseless

Actually I think that you make many good points my friend. The question is, Do the majority of Ukrainians support Russia or not? They did surrender their Nukes to Russia years and years ago, So the answer to that question is something to consider.

There are interests in the Ukraine both here, and in the East. Russia shares a border with it, and we would do the same if something was happening in Mexico or Canada. I understand the position of both sides to tell you the truth. I really hope those who make the decisions will work together for a peaceful solution. ~$heopleNation

new topics

top topics

<< 81  82  83    85  86  87 >>

join