It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 83
<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

OpinionatedB
reply to post by DeadSeraph

It is not our fight, it is theirs.

Yeah well that didn't work out so well for Ukraine in 1919 and 1939, the last two times the world said this.

Sometimes countries, like people, just need help. Ideal world, this will all work out just as you wish. It's not an ideal world.

I just don't want to see any more blood shed anywhere, whether we help the fight or not, where we intervene and don't.

It's just not that simple.

ETA: Both Russia and Ukraine have incredible levels of corruption, and maybe I'm mistaken, but to me, this is more of a fight against that corruption and to retain national sovereignty than anything else.
edit on 3/3/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR 4m
Info from Feodosiya! Marine no electricity, using generators, cut off from the outside world, only Russian TV channels and mobile phones

edit on 3-3-2014 by Dolby_X because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

dbo24

DeadSeraph
reply to post by Dolby_X

Well I guess that answers my question a few pages ago about whether or not they would allow them supplies...

Not good. I really hope that is just ill thought out rhetoric and the Russians aren't stupid enough to try and starve the Ukrainian army out of the Crimea. That will increase the chances of someone committing a grave mistake exponentially.

Honestly, the more I read, the more I think Putin wants to start the war. I hope it is just posturing, but his actions are quite forceful.

Iwont say he wants to start a war but i will say he thinks he can push the international community and than convince them he was just being a nice guy. I think hes overestimating his charisma he wants to be able to convince the other countries he was doing this because he had to save all those poor russians who were under no threat in the first place at least not physically. Politically on the other hand being a minority in the country things may not go well for them especially now that they backed the Russians if they dont end up part of Russia when this is over i guarantee they loose any power they had in government.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Not sure if posted already:

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR 1h
#Poland to #Russia: do not enter to #Ukraine, this will have very serious consequences http://(link tracking not allowed)/1diukgW - @ Radiosvoboda |PR News

www.radiosvoboda.org...
edit on 3-3-2014 by dbo24 because: (no reason given)

and another

Pentagon says the U.S. is putting all military-to-military engagements with Russia, including exercises and bilateral meetings, on hold in light of recent events in Ukraine.

More on this story: www.foxnews.com...

edit on 3-3-2014 by dbo24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

~Lucidity

OpinionatedB
reply to post by DeadSeraph

It is not our fight, it is theirs.

Yeah well that didn't work out so well for Ukraine in 1919 and 1939, the last two times the world said this.

Didn't work out well for most of Europe in the late '30s.

Not like it matters much, but you seem to be having a tunnel vision...

You know full well there was a PUTSCH in Kiev on the 22, the morning after there was a political agreement between both parties to do something else. It prompted this reaction by Russia a few days later. It's not like "Ukraine" is not responsible of the current situation... some political faction PROVOKED it in Kiev, out of pressure by some neocon Western interests.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Hey all stepping out from the shadows to maybe give an input.
I've been viewing multiple sources these past few days and quite frankly, I am truly frightened about the current situation. I'm a 3 year history major and what's ironic is I was given Vladimir Putin for a biography thesis 2 weeks ago. After about a week of research pulling up multiple primary sources and researching the Georgian conflict that Russia never did end the cold war. They simply went covert.
With all that his happening currently, I'm afraid that this is only the beginning. Neither side will back down. History had proven time and time again that this is just one of many steps in Russia's agenda......and it is not the first step ie; ed Snowden, Syria, Sochi "terror" threat. It's all linked.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
What annoys me the most about all this and it may sound selfish as I literally live on the other side of the world to where this is happening and whatever happens I doubt it will affect me. I loved the Olympics in Sochi, the athletes were such wonderful representatives of their nations and humanity in general. Despite some minor issues it was the best of us on show and then to find out next week it was just an illusion, a myth, a fantasy. There is no brotherhood mankind today or ever in the past. That is the harsh reality. I probably didn't express what I'm feeling well but as usual dreams are very different to reality.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
From stream.wsj.com

U.S. Suspends military ties with Russia. - Pentagon
U.S. Halts trade and investments with Russia. WSJ

stream.wsj.com...

I guess atleast they are doing something now, although not "harsh" at all.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

john452
What annoys me the most about all this and it may sound selfish as I literally live on the other side of the world to where this is happening and whatever happens I doubt it will affect me. I loved the Olympics in Sochi, the athletes were such wonderful representatives of their nations and humanity in general. Despite some minor issues it was the best of us on show and then to find out next week it was just an illusion, a myth, a fantasy. There is no brotherhood mankind today or ever in the past. That is the harsh reality. I probably didn't express what I'm feeling well but as usual dreams are very different to reality.

I sincerely doubt whatever happens will not affect you. If lets say a trigger is pulled and war breaks out regardless of where you are , everyone will be affected.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

~Lucidity
ETA: Both Russia and Ukraine have incredible levels of corruption, and maybe I'm mistaken, but to me, this is more of a fight against that corruption and to retain national sovereignty than anything else.
edit on 3/3/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

F**ck no. According to ATS, CIA is behind all this.
It cant be that people in Ukraine want a better life and they dont give a damn about everything else ?!
Amazing how much love botox dictator from Russia is getting on ATS.
Hell, people on here are bitching about Obama and government every day,i dare them to live one week in mr. Botox's Russia

edit on 3-3-2014 by BlackNWhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Tuesday, March 4
01:09 GMT:
Russia will discuss the Ukrainian crisis with Western countries on the conditions of fulfillment of the agreement signed between ousted President Viktor Yanukovich and the opposition on February 21, with a wide representation of Ukraine's political forces, RIA Novosti cited a source in the Russian Foreign Ministry as saying.

rt.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Moscow Times : China Joins Russia

Another puzzle in place for Russia, China is officially on board.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

dragonridr

dbo24

DeadSeraph
reply to post by Dolby_X

Well I guess that answers my question a few pages ago about whether or not they would allow them supplies...

Not good. I really hope that is just ill thought out rhetoric and the Russians aren't stupid enough to try and starve the Ukrainian army out of the Crimea. That will increase the chances of someone committing a grave mistake exponentially.

Honestly, the more I read, the more I think Putin wants to start the war. I hope it is just posturing, but his actions are quite forceful.

Iwont say he wants to start a war but i will say he thinks he can push the international community and than convince them he was just being a nice guy. I think hes overestimating his charisma he wants to be able to convince the other countries he was doing this because he had to save all those poor russians who were under no threat in the first place at least not physically. Politically on the other hand being a minority in the country things may not go well for them especially now that they backed the Russians if they dont end up part of Russia when this is over i guarantee they loose any power they had in government.

Yes they are under threat. Because Pravy Sektor, who vowed to kill Russians, has become the national security force in Kiev.

You and some others still keep their eyes wide shut on the reality that an important part of the political faction who took power in Kiev are NEONAZIS. Both Pravy Sektor (the armed faction) and Svoboda are racist, anti-Russian and antisemite fascists with an ethnic agenda. Their positions are well-known so is their historical ties with the former collaborators of the Nazi puppet regime, whose many of the Euromaidan people were descendants.

Secundo.... Russia was still under treaty with Crimea to use this peninsula and its ports. Why Russia would suddenly stop benefiting from a totally legal agreement granting it access to the valuable Crimean ports?

Your reasoning doesn't make any sense.
edit on 3/3/14 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

If France and Britain had stayed out of things, it is likely that WW I would not have happened, and then WW II would probably not have happened, and things would have probably been better for the Serbs as well.

The US has had some success in these ventures, S Korea would be the best example, but the rest of them are at best questionable, and some are clear failures.

link   

Around 500 people gathered in front of the Russian Embassy in Belgrade, Serbia on Monday to show their support for Russian actions in Ukraine. Activists carried Russian and Serbian flags with them.

rt.com...

link   

KingJod

One more argument for NATO to not do anything stupid. Especially since Russia and China are well-implanted economically in Europe.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Echtelion

KingJod

One more argument for NATO to not do anything stupid. Especially since Russia and China are well-implanted economically in Europe.

Give Crimea back to Russia and end this madness.

If Russia then continues onto mainland Ukraine and Kiev, lets show them we mean business.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Flyzoid
Hey all stepping out from the shadows to maybe give an input.
I've been viewing multiple sources these past few days and quite frankly, I am truly frightened about the current situation. I'm a 3 year history major and what's ironic is I was given Vladimir Putin for a biography thesis 2 weeks ago. After about a week of research pulling up multiple primary sources and researching the Georgian conflict that Russia never did end the cold war. They simply went covert.
With all that his happening currently, I'm afraid that this is only the beginning. Neither side will back down. History had proven time and time again that this is just one of many steps in Russia's agenda......and it is not the first step ie; ed Snowden, Syria, Sochi "terror" threat. It's all linked.

All linked... true. Btw watch for the pudding you're eating tomorrow morning... the Reds have probably planted bugs into it so they can spy on you wherever you go.

NSA? What's that?

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by KingJod

Fiji will be affect by war in Europe? Tell me more lol

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Echtelion

Haha Yeah tell me about it, sometimes when Im doing historical research, I start to get that Tom Clancy anxiety going. Ya never know right

top topics

<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join