It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 70
<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Live Fire training....

The Russian state-owned news company ITAR-TASS reports:

More than 3,500 servicemen of the Russian Baltic Fleet are taking part in the tactical exercise of coast guard troops on a test-site in the Kaliningrad region on Russia’s Baltic coast in the framework of a surprise inspection of combat readiness of troops and ammunition of the Western and Central Military District.
More than 450 units of military hardware, including personnel armored carriers BMP-2, tanks T-72, self-propelled artillery installations and communication facilities, are taking part in the large-scale exercise, Chief of the public relations department of the press service of the Western Military District Captain 2nd rank Vladimir Matveyev told Itar-Tass on Monday.

edit on 3-3-2014 by Dolby_X because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Bigburgh
reply to post by asen_y2k

Last I checked in on you...you were near polish border. To late for a plane ticket considering there may be a mob now trying to get to safety.
Pack your vehicle and DRIVE!

I wouldn't be suprised if Poland shuts it borders very very soon...especially if the SHTF at 7pm (7 minutes) between the Russian and Ukraine navies.
edit on AM1Mon20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Bigburgh

Last I checked in on you...you were near polish border. To late for a plane ticket considering there may be a mob now trying to get to safety.

Sadly no car for me, yup 2 km from the border. But hoping that the war does not knock on my door here.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

asen_y2k
Fog of war, ultimatum ends much earlier, attack on navy ships expected soon.

Note its its 6:40 pm here.

If the occupying forces attack Ukraine's warships that would be futile. It seems as if they would try to arrest the sailors and take the ship over and keep it for Crimea or themselves. Best case scenario

IMHO the worst case scenario, the sailors decide to fight back and spark off a hot conflict. What would happen then?

That would ramp up pressure to put an end to the situation fast. What would mainland Ukraine do if their soldiers defended themselves and occupying the force shoots back?

edit on 3-3-2014 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Don't let the clock run out. God speed man..

link   

check your inbox

link   
A large part of this is about natural gas pipelines and the ability for Russia to control all of it. This has been an issue for quite awhile. It is also how a large part of the EU gets its natural gas...so...it is not that hard to think about what would happen if there was an EU response and Russia has control of the routes to stop gas shipments.

Check and see if there have been recent deployments of Russian naval vessels to the Nord Stream Pipeline also. To save time, I did it for you.

Live Fire Exercises

Link

Russian naval warships and coastal troops conducted live fire exercises Monday in the country’s western Kaliningrad and Leningrad Regions, a Ministry of Defense spokesperson said.
The exercises, part of a combat readiness test ordered by President Vladimir Putin last week, come amid a growing international crisis as evidence mounts that Russian troops have been deployed across Ukraine’s Crimea peninsula.

They started readying on the 27th...

Link

Russia's Northern and Baltic Fleets are beefing up their operational strength in the Barents and Baltic Seas as part of a surprise operability test that was announced in Russia's armed forces on Wednesday, the Defense Ministry reported in a statement on Thursday.
"About 80 surface vessels, submarines and support ships of the Russian Navy have left their permanent bases and started the deployment phase in the designated areas of the sea ranges in the Barents and Baltic Seas. Several groups of all-arms naval forces have been put together at the moment," it said.
While proceeding toward the deployment areas, the ships are training the organization of air defense and short-range anti-submarine defenses and the arrangement of communications.

What does this sound like to many of you folks other than a build up to respond to threats after the Ukraine. Everyones eyes were on the Olympics and it seems they were planning something else...

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
True andy1972.
Asen! Move your A$$!

link   
In Russian media RT

Russia's Navy in Crimea is not interfering in Ukrainian events - Foreign Ministry

link   

asen_y2k

Bigburgh

Sadly no car for me, yup 2 km from the border. But hoping that the war does not knock on my door here.

I'd personally have a bergen ready and waiting by the door, your wife and kids aswell..2km isnt far. Bettter be to prepared than be sorry Asen.
Bullets and bombs don't respect sides.
edit on AM1Mon20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by matafuchs

Psychological warfare tactic perhaps?
Make them nervous..then hit em for real.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I have too much in Ukraine to leave now. Will wait some more. The red line would be when Russian forces are in mainland Ukraine and heading west.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I'm confused why the media is still focused on Crimea.. It has been assumed for a couple days now that it is now in Russian control. Putin wins Crimea, we get it. What concerns me is this talk that Russia may be pushing now into the western parts of Ukraine all the way up to and including Kiev. Why is NATO napping on this? This seems really weird and all too easy going for Russia w/o any resistance..
edit on 3-3-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

asen_y2k
I have too much in Ukraine to leave now. Will wait some more. The red line would be when Russian forces are in mainland Ukraine and heading west.

You are watching things so closely that you will probably have ample notice . Be well ! And thanks for all of your updates.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

asen_y2k

Better to leave Ukraine without furniture and your family unharmed then wait and find it's too late. Pack stuff you need, just in case. Maybe you have less time than you think. I hope i'm very very wrong.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
If Ukraine's gov really wants international help, then this has to become more than a peaceful reclamation of land.

The Ukraine ships will have to be ordered to stand hold their position, and not surrender.
If the Russians go violent, then SHTF

If not, Russia has Crimea and all chills out for the time being.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Wookiep
I'm confused why the media is still focused on Crimea.. It has been assumed for a couple days now that it is now in Russian control. Putin wins Crimea, we get it. What concerns me is this talk that Russia may be pushing now into the western parts of Ukraine all the way up to and including Kiev. Why is NATO napping on this? This seems really weird and all too easy going for Russia w/o any resistance..
edit on 3-3-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

You dont think this is a ploy..and secretly they're gonna stick it to China do you

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
www.vedomosti.ru...

Russian Defense Ministry denies an ultimatum to the Ukrainian military in Crimea

Читайте далее: www.vedomosti.ru...

Anshel Pfeffer @AnshelPfeffer
Follow
Moscow & Kiev both denying an ultimatum was issued. On the other hand, the #Russia admiral may have been acting on his own accord #Ukraine
11:52 AM - 3 Mar 2014

edit on 3-3-2014 by Dolby_X because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

Indeed, Russia started with the easiest half first, the second will be much harder, and you can expect a different approach. A much swifter more violent approach. At least it's only 2km, put those Nike's on!

top topics

<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join