It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 65
<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
In response to the ultimatum

Yatseniuk: Ukraine will never surrender Crimea

March 3, 5:11 p.m. Interim Ukrainian Prime Minister Arseniy Yatseniuk defiantly said today that Ukraine will never surrender control of Crimea to Russia or any other outside power. -- Katya Gorchinskaya

edit on 3/3/14 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Figured id post this since i know people are hearing reports of Russians everywhere not being from there. So herees a map to help show where they are right now.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

khimbar
They're moving the status from 'concerned' to 'really concerned' and updating to 'watching very closely'. As opposed to just watching.

LOL ain't that the truth

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

BREAKING NEWS

Russia's Black Sea Fleet has given Ukrainian forces in Crimea until 5:00 local time (03:00 GMT) on Tuesday to surrender or face an all-out assault, according to Ukrainian defence ministry sources quoted by Interfax-Ukraine news agency. "If by 5am tomorrow morning they do not surrender a real assault will begin on units and sections of the Ukrainian armed forces all over Crimea," defence ministry officials are quoted as saying. So far there is no further confirmation of the ultimatum from other sources.

BBC News Live update feed

www.bbc.co.uk...

Waiting to Ukrainian government reaction to this, it's a provocation for sure.
edit on 3-3-2014 by deviant300 because: update

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Russia urges Ukrainians to move to the far east

Video link but in Ukrainian

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
From one of my favorite Simpson episodes: Simpson tide.
Soviet Union I thought you guys broke up?

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

ASEN

You are in Ukraine and I appreciate your views and updates

Let me tell you from MY western View Point having lived and still live in the west 9 months of the year.

I HATE GMO food that produces pesticide I can't wash - U.S.A. pushes it onto the world.

I HATE US foreign policy

I HATE English Royal Family

I HATE western private central bankers who enslave whoever they can with false debt-attached currency.

I HATE European ECB and I hate IMF.

I HATE NATO program of spraying aluminum and barium particles all over me and everyone in the west.

Give me a choice and I will choose Russia and Putin over my scum over here.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by AntiPrivateWestBankers

I live in Ukraine for 6 years, i am neither an Ukrainian or Russian citizens. My loyalties lies elsewhere.

I am absolutely neutral in this conflict.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

We appreciate the information that you are giving us from Ukraine ..

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

AntiPrivateWestBankers

ASEN

Let me tell you from MY western View Point having lived and still live in the west 9 months of the year.

I HATE GMO food that produces pesticide I can't wash - U.S.A. pushes it onto the world.

I HATE US foreign policy

I HATE western private central bankers who enslave whoever they can with false debt-attached currency.

I HATE NATO program of spraying aluminum and barium particles all over me and everyone in the west.

You left out Justin Bieber.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

mash3d

AntiPrivateWestBankers

ASEN

I HATE US foreign policy

You left out Justin Bieber.

Well i hate him too)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Ukrainian officials: Russians planning provocations in Crimea to justify war

March 3, 5:22 p.m. -- Deputy Ukrainian Interior Minister Mykola Velykovych issues a warning that Russia is preparing violent provocations to justify using military force. "There is a provocation expected in Crimea. Unknown persons pretending to be the Ukrainian side plan to kill three or four Russian soldiers to legitimize bringing Russian troops to the territory of Ukraine. We would like these people to come to their senses because this way you provoke a bloodshed, which has not happened in Crimea. This is why it's very important for you to understand that people's lives are the highest value, and thus we urge you to come to your senses, we urge you to stop and remember that the situation is being monitored, the situation is controlled, we follow up on it and all guilty persons involved will be punished." -- Katya Gorchinskaya

From Kyivpost

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

If I were you Asen

I would take my wife and go to Crimea and get a Russian Federation Citizenship, because it seems that now they are giving it to whoever wants it.

After that I would return back to western Ukraine and just be quiet about what I did.

Unfortunately if you don't have Ukrainian citizenship you might not be able to get Russian either.

There is benefit in having 2 or even 3 passports, just for your family sake, this has nothing to do with politics.

I am dual citizen in two western countries and I like the ability to "move if need be"
edit on 3-3-2014 by AntiPrivateWestBankers because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by AntiPrivateWestBankers

I can always return to my country of origin, safe and stable there))
edit on 3/3/14 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
"This morning the British (Ukrainian) Ambassador in Berlin (Moscow) handed the German (Russian) Government a final Note stating that, unless we heard from them by 05 o'clock that they were prepared at once to withdraw their troops from Poland (Ukraine), a state of war would exist between us.

I have to tell you now that no such undertaking has been received, and that consequently this country is at war with Germany (Russia).

Scary isn't it..to here it in our times.
edit on AM1Mon20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I think the topic title is happening somewhat inadequate ) Russia did not declare war on Ukraine - Russian President received consent to use troops if necessary . These are different things .
My condolences to asen_y2k , more likely Crimea disconnected from the rest of Ukraine , as it is likely it will make the eastern region. The rest of the Ukraine ( especially in the western part ) is likely to apply all methods Poland . Ukraine as a state with every hour closer to oblivion . And it seems that everyone in this world is satisfied with things .

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Whats interesting id how different the Russian troops are since there last action in Georgia. Russian troops have been notoriously undisciplined in the past. But they seem to have gone through a very rapid change. There conduct so far has been to a level that that even NATO could learn from. Certainly not the uncontrollable pillaging mob that some people view them as.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

crazyewok
Whats interesting id how different the Russian troops are since there last action in Georgia. Russian troops have been notoriously undisciplined in the past. But they seem to have gone through a very rapid change. There conduct so far has been to a level that that even NATO could learn from. Certainly not the uncontrollable pillaging mob that some people view them as.

Russia doesn't want or need (more) bad press from all of this.

Softly softly catchy monkey....

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

In Simferopol schools are now required to fly the Russian flag

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
asen_y2k,
as a citizen of Ukraine as you consider whether the right to self-determination Crimean population and, if desired, to secede from Ukraine must either be kept in a part of Ukraine is forced by force?

<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join