It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 64
<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
I guess we'll be waiting awhile to hear from United States officials... This, just across one wire feed:

White House press briefing canceled due to inclement weather, press secretary announces - @NBCNews

An earlier bulletin had mentioned 1-3 inches on the ground with more in northern suburbs. Err.. Well, I'm sure they're busy.

So the USA government cant speak on a major crisis cause of abit of snow?........yeah.........

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Perhaps the plan is to absorb the advance of Russia until Putin has taken his meds and diplomacy prevails?

Ukrainian National Security and Defense Council (NSDC) Secretary Andriy Parubiy has said he believes that Russian President Vladimir Putin has set the world against himself and will find himself in international isolation.

"I'm confident that the plan drafted by the Russian Federation has already failed, and I'm confident that we can preserve the territorial integrity and sovereignty of our country.

www.kyivpost... .com

I'm thinking this guy will wake up tomorrow morning with only half a country.

edit on 3-3-2014 by weirdguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I'm sorry but is 2 inches of snow something that stops Washington DC in its tracks? I thought they were used to that type of weather and carried on business as usual in much more snow than that. Stalling, right?

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Russia will give Ukraine a discount on gas for the second quarter - Yatseniuk

Weird.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
I guess we'll be waiting awhile to hear from United States officials... This, just across one wire feed:

White House press briefing canceled due to inclement weather, press secretary announces - @NBCNews

An earlier bulletin had mentioned 1-3 inches on the ground with more in northern suburbs. Err.. Well, I'm sure they're busy.

They're moving the status from 'concerned' to 'really concerned' and updating to 'watching very closely'. As opposed to just watching.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
About the surrender of airmen and fighter jets of the Ukrainian airforce, reported on tweeter.

This is what the Ukrainian media has to say:

March 3, 4:25 p.m. -- A Belbek military fighter aviation unit near Sevastopol remains surrounded for the third day by Russian soldiers. Ukrainians were pressured to swear allegiance to Russia or face "the most stringent measures," according to Vladislav Seleznev, the Defense Ministry Media Center of Ukraine in Crimea. Roman Beregovy, a Ukrainian 4551 military unit guard, told Ukrainska P ravda that initially the Russian soldiers took the over the house that housed VIP visitors. “The following day they took the space where the planes are parked, after that they occupied the watch," he said. "They took away the weapons. We did not have the order to go into action. We did not respond to the provocation. We handed (over the) warehouses" to the Russians, Beregovyi said. "As of right now, they occupied almost the entire unit. They only parts remained are an administrative building and a flag. That is what we guard." A reliable source with the Belbek military aviation unit said that at about 2:20 p.m. today, a Russian truck with around 30 armed soldiers came to the base, saying that within an hour, the Ukrainian soldiers would be forced to surrender. He also clarified that Russian soldiers demanded that the Ukrainiains give an oath to Crimea, not Russia. There are 300-400 military personnel at this unit, but none has switched sides and are obeying Ukrainian law. There is also a video in YouTube, which shows a Russian Kamaz truck without a license plate number. Their armed soldiers shouted: “We are ready to die today. -- Iryna Yeroshko

Video here
edit on 3/3/14 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Ukrainian PM spoke with Russiam PM Medvedyev. I will highlight one line from Medvedyevs reply:

President Vladimir Putin has not yet decided about giving the order to send Russian military forces to other areas of Ukraine.

Heres the whole text from kyivpost

3, 4:43 pm. -- Prime Minister Arseniy Yatseniuk on March 3 spoke to possibly 1,000 business leaders today in a packed room of the InterContinental Hotel in Kyiv, trying to offer reassuring words. He repeated his stance on the Russian military intervention in Crimea: it is illegal and violates treaties between Ukraine and Russia. He also repeated his demand that all Russian forces must return to their bases. However, Yatseniuk said that he believes the peak of the crisis has passed and that he spoke to to Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev by telephone on March 2. Medvedev reportedly said that Russian President Vladimir Putin has not yet decided about giving the order to send Russian military forces to other ares of Ukraine. Yatseniuk said he is happy with the arrival of a mission from the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe, and expressed hope because not a single shot has been fired yet in this standoff. The Crimean government that took power is illegal and the Ukrainian government has a plan to return security to the region, Yatseniuk said. -- Evan Ostrazhnyuk.

edit on 3/3/14 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

translate.google.com...

Governor-elect Paul Gubarev told that soon will be announced a referendum on the status of the Donetsk region.

Looks like this is the classic Crimea blueprint being played

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

maddy21

translate.google.com...

Governor-elect Paul Gubarev told that soon will be announced a referendum on the status of the Donetsk region.

Looks like this is the classic Crimea blueprint being played

Note Donetsk is the hometown of the ex president of Ukraine and is very near to Rostov on Don.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Here is a link to Odessa City web cams for live feeds, but both cams for the City Hall are down.
webcam.iac.odessa.ua...

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Ukraine to the Western leaders and NATO : We have ousted Viktor F. Yanukovych your path is now clear.....

Putin to Russian Federation Council : " to approve force in connection with the extraordinary situation in Ukraine, the threat to the lives of citizens of the Russian Federation, our compatriots and to protect the Black Sea Fleet in Crimea"

Russian Federation Council to Putin : Yes

Ukraine to Western leaders and NATO : Errrr Errr OOOOO Errrrrrrr HELP

US And NATO to Putin : Right that's it....... We will Boycott the next G8 summit and the British will also boycott Winter Paralympics in Sochi ................

More to follow.....

Riouz

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Reportedly Russia extends ultimatum to 'ALL' Ukrainian army installations on Crimea until tomorrow morning, 5am *gulp*

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

maddy21
Reportedly Russia extends ultimatum to 'ALL' Ukrainian army installations on Crimea until tomorrow morning, 5am *gulp*

Just seen that. Looking for substantive proof can only find this.

The Black Sea Fleet of the Russian Federation Alexander Vitko Ukrainian military delivered an ultimatum, "Interfax-Ukraine" in the Defense Ministry.

"If until 5:00 am tomorrow, they will not give up, start a real assault units and parts Armed Forces of Ukraine over the Crimea", - told the agency.

interfax.com.ua...

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

maddy21

Confirmed by Ukrainian media.

Russian Black Sea Fleet commander issues ultimatum to Ukrainian troops March 3, 5:03 p.m. -- Russian Black Sea Fleet Commander Aleksandr Vitko issued an ultimatum to the Ukrainian troops in Crimea on March 3. “If they do not give up by 5 a.m. tomorrow, there will be a real storm of subdivisions and units of Ukraine's military forces all over Crimea,” Interfax news agency quoted him as saying.

Kyivpost.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I would guess they want to completely and quickly consolidate Crimea before moving onto rest of Ukraine. Thats the reason of this haste.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

khimbar

maddy21

Just seen that. Looking for substantive proof can only find this.

The Black Sea Fleet of the Russian Federation Alexander Vitko Ukrainian military delivered an ultimatum, "Interfax-Ukraine" in the Defense Ministry.

"If until 5:00 am tomorrow, they will not give up, start a real assault units and parts Armed Forces of Ukraine over the Crimea", - told the agency.

interfax.com.ua...

Oh crap..... please don't let this go into a shooting match

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Till now this has been the most peaceful invasion of a country I have ever seen, no lives lost, no shots fired, selfies with the invading army etc. bet Switzerland could not pull of a better one while invading Liechtenstein.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

asen_y2k
Till now this has been the most peaceful invasion of a country I have ever seen, no lives lost, no shots fired, selfies with the invading army etc. bet Switzerland could not pull of a better one while invading Liechtenstein.

It isn't over yet.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Correction from an earlier report

"Russia will not give Ukraine a discount on the next quarter," - said Yatsenyuk.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   

DJW001

asen_y2k

It isn't over yet.

I was going to add, till maybe tomorrow 5am. A really sad time for all of humanity.

<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join