It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 636
<< 633  634  635    637  638  639 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
The Freedom Fighters in Ukraine are using clever tactics. The More the Ukrainian army the more Ukrainian army gets defected to the other side.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: victor7

Here this is worth reading! Tells how Putin used his propaganda machine to lie and create fear in eastern Ukraine than just pulls out of the situation. The least he could do is get his media to tell them the truth so they can stop being afraid.

What they missed, and what I was seeing on Twitter, was that Putin had just thrown them all under the bus. It was the final chord in a weeks-long process of walking back his position: Putin hadn’t recognized the Donetsk referendum on May 11. It was a striking difference from his response to Crimea’s and the vows to protect Russian speakers in Ukraine with force if necessary. It was also the first sign that Putin was starting to back away from the rebellion in east Ukraine—a rebellion that he had manufactured.

But in St. Petersburg he went much further, saying that he respects Ukraine’s elections on May 25 and looks forward to working with the newly elected Ukrainian government. He also essentially called the situation in Donetsk a civil war, which is just the kind of war Putin doesn’t like to get involved in. Picking up on the signal, the speaker of the Russian parliament and Putin’s close ally tweeted that this was a “Ukrainian crisis.” “There’s no need for a mediator,” he wrote. “It is Ukrainian society that must find within itself the strength to solve this.”

In other words, this was no longer Russia’s problem.

"We’re terrified,” one of her companions chimed in. “It’s so hard. It’s just psychologically very hard.”

“You go to go get bread or sausage, and everyone is says, Oh, did you hear this or did you hear that?”

Their main source of information is Russian television, which, under the Kremlin’s direction, has whipped the area into a frenzy, promising local residents that a mob of child-eating fascists was on its way from Kiev to rape, pillage, and murder the Russians of the Donetsk region. Many of its reports range from manipulation to outright lies, with claims that Ukrainian troops are killing local priests, or using the same man in a hospital bed to claim, in one report, that he is a Western agent, and, in another, the agent’s victim. The women said they also get their information online, but the information they seemed to be getting came from the darkest, most conspirological corners of the Internet—those that confirmed what they were hearing beamed in from Moscow.

As a result, the women were preparing bomb shelters in their basements and were scared to send their children to school, because someone had told them that, in Odessa, a school was captured by the Kiev fascists. One day, they saw a helicopter in the sky and were convinced it was coming to spray them with poisonous chemicals.

For all of Kiev’s mistakes in dealing with the crisis, it’s hard not to see the tragedy caused by Putin’s. His statements about the need to protect Russian-speakers from fascists and neo-Nazis in Kiev triggered an information war led by NTV, Russia Today, Channel 1, LifeNews—the vanguard of the propaganda machine. They told the local Russian-speaking population, much of which watches Russian TV, that a fascist junta was barreling down on them, bent on genocide. The women on the playgrounds believe this now just as much as their men, who have begun picking up arms to fight the Ukrainian military to the point where they far outnumber their Russian minders. The separatist fighters we met to spoke of saving their women and children from a fascist horde, and their fear seemed as genuine as it was primal.

And now, just when Putin has whipped the region into a murderous panic by making its residents believe they are in existential danger, he has washed his hands of them.

www.newrepublic.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Julia Ioffe is an Russian/American Born whom has written in the Columbia Journalism Review, The Washington Post, The New Yorker, Foreign Policy, Forbes, The New Republic, the majority of the publications are having an Neoconservative leaning.

So in other words its not reablie.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: victor7

While it looks little surprising that Putin has abandoned the S-E pro Russian forces,

LOL Putin has abandoned the S-E pro Russian forces based on what Intel and information? that user claims to know everything and claims to suggest that Russia is losing but that user is wrong on that topic.

I
edit on 6-6-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   
PRT: Interesting: Poroshenko who last week wanted to crush rebels, today says he wants no martial law, but amnesty and reconcilation w/east

So whom says that Russia is losing again?

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agent_USA_Supporter

Julia Ioffe is an Russian/American Born whom has written in the Columbia Journalism Review, The Washington Post, The New Yorker, Foreign Policy, Forbes, The New Republic, the majority of the publications are having an Neoconservative leaning.

So in other words its not reablie.

Nice try actually it leans left so obviously you havnt a clue what you're talking about. Definitely as far from conservative as one can get. And i notice whenever facts cant be disputed you have to attack the writer. Well shes right Russian media has been caught in lie after lie trying to scare the eastern Ukrainians. Now that Putin has with his media wing now he wants to go well this is really a Ukrainian problem. Before this he tried to play it off as defending the planet from fascists. Problem is the rest of the world didnt buy it only people that use only Russian media because the facts were hidden from them.

Even in this thread lie after lie has been exposed the worst part. Putin is destroying Russia and its standing in the world for nothing other than his dream of rebuilding the soviet Union. Its going to take Russia at least 10 years to recover from the mess he made and its going to be hard on the Russian people. They will of course endure it like they have throughout history but the shame is they could do so much more. I used to be proud to say i was part Russian now im ashamed at the things Putin has done in there name.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Short video of the area around the Marynivka border point, S-E Donetsk obl, attacked yesterday from both Russian and Ukrainian side, attack that was repelled with the help of aircraft and Nat Guard units:

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: cosmonova

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: cosmonova
meantime in NATO headquarter in Brussels, NATO Secretary General symbolic bathed in blood and called a war criminal

This was about eleven years ago when he was prime minister of Denmark over involvement in the Iraq war. See you cant believe Russian propaganda it lies alot. PS dont believe anything you see on RT or Russian media this was a story put out by liveleak the same source you got the news about the border patrol being overrun. Ukraine said they were attacked but never mentions losing it yet. So im not very inclined to believe that either.

www.indybay.org...

well it is always good to see anyway and it might happen again. It would be well deserved.

in regards to border posts, we are talking about few of them not only one. Not sure which one you are referring to.
If you are talking about Dolhzansky, it does not exist as a border post any more at Lugansk side.
No Ukrainian forces there according to Kiev's latest addmission.

Shoot, you're right.. It's fake.. I'll just ignore it..

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Ukrainian surveillance plane AN-30 was shot down earlier today near Slaviansk:

VKontakte video

lennutrajektoor @lennutrajektoor · 4h

#ATO reconnaissance plane АН-30 got hit, 2 jumped w parachute, plane slowly descending. Unknown where crash landed. #Ukraine #Slaviansk

lennutrajektoor @lennutrajektoor · 4h

#Slaviansk terrorists report they got #ATO АН-30 on second attempt. 1st time the plane steered away / fended off. Returned. This time got it

edit on Fri0000003015614 by Dutzy because: (no reason given)

LE: The plane shot down was not a surveillance AN-30, but transport airplane AN-26, carrying humanitarian aid:

lennutrajektoor ‏@lennutrajektoor

#Tymchuk In #Slaviansk shot down AN-26was a cargo plane having humanitarian aid on board.Crew of 2 ejected steering the plane away to forest

edit on Fri0000003015614 by Dutzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Bankster elite are pathetic losers))) Their simplistic, primitive scheme overthrowing legit governances worked in 70th in Africa and S.America. (another BS to denote is USofA populace calling themselves an Americans. LOL. 'Americans, like they own the continent LOL, megalomaniac imbeciles )) Elite thinks it can compensate simplicity by reinforcing info propaganda using Internet

Elite cannot think for itself any more, obsolete computer programs do it for them. Programs that did not have an upgrade since 70th). Weak losers. What would you expect? They are in their 70th of age or more. I mean the core of 'American eagles", they are old school farts, senile men whos place in fact is in nursing home.

Ugoslavia was tough to complete. Up until now anyone with half on a brain takes a chance to deep rhetoric creators into toilet bowl.

Old farts who had grown on Rambo movies, Reagan 'star wars', Zbigniew Brzezinski (Wiki en.wikipedia.org...) take a break. Go away!!!! Die of age already..LOL)))

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: darkorange

You do realize South america was named that by others not by Americans right?

(post by darkorange removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Speaking as a Canadian, I really do not understand why non-English speaking North and South Americans feel such affront to people from the USA calling themselves Americans. It's an English-language quirk, it's not said in common speech among English speakers to imply that Americans somehow have ownership over the whole of 'the Americas.'

Consider this, three words for three types of North Americans:

Canadian, American, Mexican.

Now consider this:

Canadian, Person from the United States of America, Mexican

.. just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Dear foreign language speakers: don't presume to dictate to English speakers how we should use our native language.
edit on 6/6/2014 by Monger because: typos and clarify

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   

In what way? I don't understand the word 'rich' in the context you used. Are you saying that you disagree?

Care to point out the 'rich' part of what I said, or why anything I said is factually inaccurate?

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I hope you find your true identity on the globe one day. but it wont be US of A citizen calling himself 'American'.

you know it is wrong.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   

So, you presume to dictate to me how to rightly use my own native tongue, and you also presume to know that I think you're right in your ridiculous crusade against people from the United States of America calling themselves 'Americans.'

In all of the (very little) Spanish-language media I've seen, people from the US have been called 'americanos.' Is that not Spanish for 'American?

Would you be more comfortable if they called themselves 'Middle North Americans?' North America doesn't own The Americas, not the US, not Canada, not Mexico. And by than same token, neither do the nations of Central and South America.

I've done a little research about the resentment around this issue in the more southerly parts of the Americas, and it really does boggle my mind.

And as far as my 'true identity,' you won't meet a person more proud to be where he's from. A a born and bred Newfoundlander, which is a former island nation in the North Atlantic that joined Canada in 1949. You won't meet a Newfoundlander who doesn't hold his cultural identity very close to his heart indeed.
edit on 6/6/2014 by Monger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Monger

So, you presume to dictate to me how to rightly use my own native tongue, and you also presume to know that I think you're right in your ridiculous crusade against people from the United States of America calling themselves 'Americans.'

In all of the (very little) Spanish-language media I've seen, people from the US have been called 'americanos.' Is that not Spanish for 'American?

Would you be more comfortable if they called themselves 'Middle North Americans?' North America doesn't own The Americas, not the US, not Canada, not Mexico. And by than same token, neither do the nations of Central and South America.

I've done a little research about the resentment around this issue in the more southerly parts of the Americas, and it really does boggle my mind.

And as far as my 'true identity,' you won't meet a person more proud to be where he's from. A a born and bred Newfoundlander, which is a former island nation in the North Atlantic that joined Canada in 1949. You won't meet a Newfoundlander who doesn't hold his cultural identity very close to his heart indeed.

The reason its called Americas is a map maker Martin Waldseemueller in 1507 named the "New World" after Amerigo Vespucci. Because of his stories he told of his trip they were very popular and everyone knew him by his first name. The United States of America is just that part of America. But for simplicity sake english and spanish started referring to them as Americans. As far as Russia is taken from the name Rus, and was derived from the Viking word ruotsi, which means oarsmen.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

The only three things I would point out as wrong on Putin:

a) Not looking towards east earlier like 2004 or so. Could have built good trade terms with China atleast.
b) Not found as of yet, an alternative 'major revenue industry' for Russia, other than oil and gas.
c) Not doing enough to 'atleast somewhat' clean out corruption in the daily way of life in Russia.

However, Putin's reaction to Ukraine crisis was very appropriate and should get more hardline if Kiev does not come to its senses.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: victor7

The only three things I would point out as wrong on Putin:

a) Not looking towards east earlier like 2004 or so. Could have built good trade terms with China atleast.
b) Not found as of yet, an alternative 'major revenue industry' for Russia, other than oil and gas.
c) Not doing enough to 'atleast somewhat' clean out corruption in the daily way of life in Russia.

However, Putin's reaction to Ukraine crisis was very appropriate and should get more hardline if Kiev does not come to its senses.

He tried turning to the east earlier for example the recent natural gas deal has been in the works for a decade. Problem was Putin was never desperate enough to give the Chinese what they wanted like price freezes for 30 years well until now. China got everything they wanted out the deal Putin had no choice. As far as alternate source besides oil and gas well outside investors were looking into investing in the industrial sector and would have been great, Now there only source for external investment is China. And the Chinese by their very nature everything comes with a price. To late for corruption the people will have to do that see when the Soviet Union fell anyone who had any power took over by corruption. Sadly the Russian Mob is still in almost total control of the country and being that most were former KGB and the like wont be losing it anytime soon. Some progress has been made like there less likely to kill you but its got a long way to go. My Uncle actually has to pay to keep his shop open if he didnt now theyll just destroy it before they would kill him slight progress.

new topics

top topics

<< 633  634  635    637  638  639 >>

join