It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 620
<< 617  618  619    621  622  623 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
. . . just breaking (more info to come)

Naftogaz agrees to pay $786mn of gas debt to Russia – Energy Commissioner

Ukraine has agreed to pay $786 million of its $3.5 billion gas debt to Russia, the European Union Energy Minister Oettinger said in Berlin on Friday.

The statement comes as Russia, Ukraine and the EU are holding a third round of energy talks in Berlin.

The Ukrainian delegation has produced documents proving that Kiev has transferred the money to Moscow, Oettinger said in an interview to Russia's TV Channel Rossiya 24.

The Energy Commissioner also said Russia was ready to continue negotiations on the gas price and supplies.

Speaking from Berlin, Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev said that if Gazprom receives the money, they’ll look into the nature of the payment, and after that the situation will change.

“First we need to make sure they [Ukraine] want to pay. Any other way of posing the question is impossible. When I hear people saying ‘give us another price and then we’ll pay’… that’s rudeness,” Medvedev said.

The total Ukraine’s gas debt to Russia now stands at $3.5 billion.

edit on 30-5-2014 by SurrenderingAmerica because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-5-2014 by SurrenderingAmerica because: updating info

edit on 30-5-2014 by SurrenderingAmerica because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Im sorry WHAT did i just read? Russia will start telling al qaida when we launch a mission now? Im sorry but isnt that a declaration of war when you aid and abed a enemy of another country that is engaged in warfare?
a reply to: yuppa

A similar declaration of war would be arming and abetting anti-national elements inside some nation like arming Chechen or Islamic fighters inside Russia. There are countries like Syria and Libya where you get away with but there are countries like Russia, China that you DO NOT get away with arming the anti-national elements.

Heck, even nuke armed Pakistan is helping AQ and Taliban for 14 years and even hid Osama for long time. US could not do anything about it other than secretly attack Osama's house and ran away as fast like within an hour.

World should learn from Pakistan as to how to deal with the US and its belligerence.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Voter turnout percentages in Ukraine for 25 May elections.

(The top yellow part is the district of Chernobyl.)

Note that these are the final numbers when the polls finally closed at 20:00 and is among the highest turnout in any Ukrainian election nationwide.

A typical anti-Maidan propaganda spin, as say done by Michel Chossudovsky (the Candian equivalent of Alex Jones), reports on the numbers from earlier in the day at 18:00 when many people had not yet voted.

www.globalresearch.ca...

edit on 30-5-2014 by ALoveSupreme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ALoveSupreme

Can someone translate that map and legend to give it meaning please?

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: dragonridr

Im sorry WHAT did i just read? Russia will start telling al qaida when we launch a mission now? Im sorry but isnt that a declaration of war when you aid and abed a enemy of another country that is engaged in warfare?

The POsters in this thread are very lucky that Skeptic Overlord has decided to let RT be used as a source for now(from what i gather this is not a quote) Still he and others know they are a Propaganda outfit and that we are actually laughing at their attempts to spin things.

So please keep on entertaining everyone.

Dragon nice posting so far BTW. Im mostly lurking myself here and observing alone.

"We will starve terrorists of funding, turn them one against another, drive them from place to place until there is no refuge or no rest.

And we will pursue nations that provide aid or safe haven to terrorism. Every nation in every region now has a decision to make: Either you are with us or you are with the terrorists.

From this day forward, any nation that continues to harbor or support terrorism will be regarded by the United States as a hostile regime. Our nation has been put on notice, we're not immune from attack. We will take defensive measures against terrorism to protect Americans.

- George W Bush speech September 20th, 2001.

God Bless,

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: victor7
I find it humorous that you think only Russia is capable of hurting other nations while they cant be hurt themselves.

The Us is pulling out of Afghanistan in 2015. Bin Laden is dead so our mission their is over with. Russia's involvement in Ukraine is well documented by more than just one source. Have you ever thought that may be the reason Russia is turning tail and running from Ukraine?

With the formation of the Russian version of the EU.... lets just say this should be an interesting watch. 3 nations who think they can out perform the EU.

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 52s
#Ukraine rejects #Russia’s “humanitarian aid” euromaidanpr.com... … | EMPR News

Christopher Miller ‏@ChristopherJM · 19m
Former #EuroMaidan enemies now fight side-by-side against separatists in #Sloviansk www.kyivpost.com... … @KyivPost pic.twitter.com/8qAZT3Tl7z

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 26m
Dozens of dead bodies of men killed in #Ukraine arrive in the Chechen Republic
euromaidanpr.com... -served-in-security-forces/ … | EMPR News pic.twitter.com/zmkndEloXB

If he wants the bloodshed to end then Putin needs to remove his forces from Ukraine.

Haaretz.com ‏@haaretzcom · 33m
Putin urges end to Ukraine 'bloodshed' in phone call with Hollande htz.li...

a reply to: ElohimJD
A 13 year old quote...

Why do people live in the past?

In Russia's case it makes sense since its the only time they mattered. Bush has not been in office since 2008... ironic Bush has accomplished more in his term than putin in his 14 years.
edit on 30-5-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I find it humorous that you think only Russia is capable of hurting other nations while they cant be hurt themselves.

Same holds true for the US also. Such policies work only with small defenseless nations, not with big countries armed with nukes. It is easy to gang up on small nations with 30 year outdated armies. Not even worth discussing.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

World should learn from Pakistan as to how to deal with the US and its belligerence.

And what is it that Pakistan has done to the US?

Train and give refuge to those who want to do harm to the US?

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Better you take some geopolitical logics 101 courses before coming here and asking stupid questions.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Wonder why the Russian troops have been withdrawn from the border?
Seriously.. why all the drama only to fizzle out?

Both sides seem to be taking a break!

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Better you take some geopolitical logics 101 courses before coming here and asking stupid questions.

See now that's why people don't come back to this thread, but hey feel free to act like you know me and what I know.

And what was so stupid about the question, because it was pretty straight forward so is there a problem with answering it?

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra Russia is capable of hurting other nations while they cant be hurt themselves. Russia is not hurting other nations,for every move your military makes Russia counters it, and I'm not some born again communist I come from the late 70s early 80s.
My military training is Russia is the enemy and we have to fight them to perverse democracy,but that has changed.
I will not side with people that use your military to subjugate a people that just want freedom the EU is not the way.I'm sick of people on here giving there opinion on this,have any of ye spoken to anyone from the Ukraine, or is it because you live in America that you know what is right for the world.Or maybe your from the UAE and paid for by the stolen land of Palestine.This is Sabra and Shatila all over again if it don't fit the American western press lies,well then it never happened..UAE more like Israel Mossad and the CIA

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

Wonder why the Russian troops have been withdrawn from the border?
Seriously.. why all the drama only to fizzle out?

Looks like Russia has decided to contract this situation with Chechan fighters, so no need to have your troops there anymore.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
just an aside,,off topic, but the medium is the message,,
"We\ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false.-- William Casey CIA Director (from first staff meeting in 1981)"
u know he meant, that the average American would believe that the outside world,, would luv them.
there CIA,,

a reply to: seppirish

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h What planet are you from, when was the last time Pakistan carried out a drone strike in America ?
Have you every spoken to someone that has seen what is left after a drone strike,I have ,and hell fire missile don't just pick out people with black turbans

abagond.wordpress.com...

Don't you think if your kids where killed by some Foreign State that you not seek revenge....

Wake up

(post by seppirish removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

What planet are you from, when was the last time Pakistan carried out a drone strike in America ?

Care to show me where I said anything about carrying out drone strikes, or anything drone related?

Wake up

And what exactly should I wake up to, because it seems you are the one replying to me about something I never posted about.

Maybe it is you who needs to wake up.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
And what is it that Pakistan has done to the US?

Train and give refuge to those who want to do harm to the US?

Because of the drone strikes ,now come you could not be as tick as that but then again you could be.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I'm not going to go tit for tat on this if you killed my family I WOULD FIND YOU AND I WOULD EXPLAIN TO YOU THAT IT WAS VERY VERY WRONG TO KILL MY CHILDREN AND MY WIFE IN A DRONE STRIKE.
And above all else i would say ,now you have a nice day,and i would move on

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Because of the drone strikes ,now come you could not be as tick as that but then again you could be.

Did you understand the comment I was replying to?

I asked what Pakistan did to the US, how does that equate to the US using drones?

It is a pretty simple question, and the part about training and housing those who want to do harm to the US am I wrong?

new topics

top topics

<< 617  618  619    621  622  623 >>

join