It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 619
<< 616  617  618    620  621  622 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: victor7

if it does do that then are other nations not open to return the same to Russia and support anti Putin forces in Russia?
a reply to: Xcathdra

The nations that supply anti Russia forces will have to pay the price of their endevours !! What is Russia starts to use its satellite technology to inform AQ elements as when a drone has taken off and is approaching such and such area?? What will that do to Obama's Drone Warfare ??

Also, refer to the reply with Afghanistan example.

Also go to Chechnya now and try to find willing men to play anti-Russia war games. Would not meet much success !!

5-10 years ago was different. Now Chechens are more busy working and living normal lives.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.ria.ru...
www.cbc.ca...

edit on 5/29/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
CNN uses footage from Syria claiming its Ukraine.

If that was RT...................

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

5-10 years ago was different. Now Chechens are more busy working and living normal lives.

Yup are more busy working and living with training and sending their fighters in Syria to. Very Normal.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka

That was unofficial artwork submitted by a wingnut on the Right Sektor support page. This is not a patch worn by the Azov brigade. This is more made up Russian propaganda.

Ah Really Russian Propaganda? thats the usual response you would expect from those supporting junta government in Kiev.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: cosmonova

According to Junta Supporters the protests are all staged.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Make love not war.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agent_USA_Supporter

No they didnt they were discussing the Syrian plane shot down by Turkey the ticker along the bottom repeats news stories and changes. So someone took a screen shot when the ticker said Ukrainian helicopter was shot down while they were discussing the Syrian fighter being shot down. Look at the screen capture it was obviously a jet and not a helicopter. Was this on RT or the web either way they lied to you.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
"Here is an article and i think it sums up the problem nicely so this will be my last post im done."

welcome back buddy

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

No they didnt they were discussing the Syrian plane shot down by Turkey the ticker along the bottom repeats news stories and changes. So someone took a screen shot when the ticker said Ukrainian helicopter was shot down while they were discussing the Syrian fighter being shot down. Look at the screen capture it was obviously a jet and not a helicopter. Was this on RT or the web either way they lied to you.

actually it is a helicopter

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: cosmonova

originally posted by: dragonridr

actually it is a helicopter

Thats not even the one they had online that shows a blog posting notice the tag. Was that online Notice they said acting president said they didnt say Ukrainian helicopter shot down. They were reporting on a statement made im guessing English isnt your first language. They have another one RT used i saw earlier showing there Syrian jet with a ticker below claiming CNN used fake video sadly it was a screen capture. As far as this looks like someone was reading blog posts.

PS im ok with the fact that no helicopter was shot down and Ukraine was wrong but i believe the separatists made the same claim were they both lying?
edit on 5/29/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   

People of Germany met Yatsenuk, shouting "terrorists and murderers"

Herman von Rumpoy got the Karlspreis in Aachen yesterday and in fact, both sides (Pro-Russian and Pro-Ukrainian) protested in front of the building. I just want to get the facts straight, it was a really minor demonstration (somewhat around 100 people per "side") and no major incident.
If you report these things, report them correct and not one-sided.

See the images here:

www.aachener-nachrichten.de...

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Talliostro

Herman von Rumpoy got the Karlspreis in Aachen yesterday and in fact, both sides (Pro-Russian and Pro-Ukrainian) protested in front of the building. I just want to get the facts straight, it was a really minor demonstration (somewhat around 100 people per "side") and no major incident.

See the images here:

www.aachener-nachrichten.de...

What exactly is one sided in my post? I have posted what happened. And I will repeat what I said in my original post.
People of Germany met Yatsenuk, shouting "terrorists and murderers". Are you denying that?

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I don't deny anything, I critized your posting.
You posted just the "pro-russian" part, conviently leaving the pro-ukrainian protests out. There are vids of these on YT too. So it looks like the "People of Germany" are just protesting against the Ukrainian PM, when there is way more to report.
A more neutral phrase would have been better too, something like
"Protests going on around the Karlspreis in Aachen, Germany"
And then linking your video and a video of the other protests in it.

This thread became a hellhole of propaganda from both sides a while ago and lost most of it's information value. I would wish for a more neutral and in-the-middle ground reporting and discussion with more manners like it was. The terms "Junta, Nazis and Murderers" on the one side and "Terrorists, Soldiers of Fortune and Russian SF" on the other side are propaganda too.
There is a civil war (there are two military equipted armies clashing right now, nothing more, nothing less) going on between the Ukrainian Governmet and Russian Seperatists in the eastern Ukraine. There is and was meddling from the US and Russia in the Ukraine and no side can claim the moral high ground anymore.
The ATS Motto is "Deny Ignorance" but this doesn't mean, that everybody should spread their own propaganda and agenda. Stay on the facts, report both sides of a story and then make up your mind and express it in a posting.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Talliostro

Good luck with making them see your point about a dialectical approach.

edit on 30-5-2014 by ALoveSupreme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Yeah I know, but I'm somewhat tired of reading biased (and rigged) Reports and News on ATS regarding the whole Ukraine-Crisis.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Im sorry WHAT did i just read? Russia will start telling al qaida when we launch a mission now? Im sorry but isnt that a declaration of war when you aid and abed a enemy of another country that is engaged in warfare?

The POsters in this thread are very lucky that Skeptic Overlord has decided to let RT be used as a source for now(from what i gather this is not a quote) Still he and others know they are a Propaganda outfit and that we are actually laughing at their attempts to spin things.

So please keep on entertaining everyone.

Dragon nice posting so far BTW. Im mostly lurking myself here and observing alone.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Russia pulls most troops from Ukraine border, US defense officials say

U.S. defense officials say that Russia has pulled a large number of forces away from the Ukraine border, a withdrawal that the U.S. has been demanding for weeks and a move that Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel called "promising."

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Turchinov orders CEC to recount votes in election to Kiev Council

"The CEC has been ordered to immediately recount the votes at all of Kiev's polling districts in an election to the Kiev Council,"Pashinsky said in a statement posted on website.

Turchinov thus granted the request of Democratic Alliance leader Vasily Gatsko, who claimed a "shameful large-scale crime - the stealing of votes from one of the political parties" at an election to the city's legislative assembly.

Turchinov has ordered the Ukrainian Security Service (SBU), the Interior Ministry and prosecutorial bodies to conduct a thorough check into the vote counting and take measures envisaged by law if election fraud is confirmed, Pashnisky said.
He added that "all those responsible for vote rigging or those hampering a recount of the votes will be relieved of their duties, detained and prosecuted."

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Some good news. . .

Children from Slavyansk are being evacuated after Ukraine's military shelling/bombings.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Attacks on journalists, switching off channels and denial of access continue in Ukraine, warns OSCE media freedom representative

VIENNA, 30 May 2014 – OSCE Representative on Freedom of the Media Dunja Mijatović warned of new acts of violence, detentions, switching-off the channels and refusal of access in Ukraine.

“Journalists’ safety continues to be the main problem in eastern Ukraine, where several journalists came under mortar fire, in Donetsk, Luhansk and Sloviansk. Those include the teams of the Russian VGTRK channel, Mir 24 TV, LifeNews TV and Belarusian BelSat TV. On 27 May unknown people torched the office of the Sobesednik Ismaila newspaper in Odesa region. On 21 May the Tvoya Gazeta newspaper team was attacked by armed men in Crimea while filming a public event,” said Mijatović.  

“It is unacceptable that journalists and media workers are continuously harassed and detained,” said Mijatović. On 11 May film director Oleg Sentsov was arrested in Simferopol on suspicion of terrorism.  She added that “his detention sends a chilling effect to all those in Crimea who want to express their views and opinions freely. Critical, provocative voices have to be heard, not silenced. I call on the responsible authorities to immediately release him.” On 19 May reporter for Russian TV channel Dozhd, Pyotr Ruzavin was detained in Simferopol and his camera damaged. On 26 May Belarusian freelancer Dmitri Galko was detained and interrogated for six hours in Donetsk region.

top topics

<< 616  617  618    620  621  622 >>

join