It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 595
<< 592  593  594    596  597  598 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

They made a pact with the devil

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: MessageforAll

They made a pact with the devil

Its what this was always about EU wanted access to Ukainian gas and Russia wanted to stop the EU knowing it was moving away from Russian gas. Russias economy is based off gas exports without it there is no Russian economy. It started with the EU investing heavily in imports from Africa Ukraine was nothing more than another step to reduce dependency on Russia.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MessageforAll

There is a 200 percent chance that this assignment is a CIA cover..
edit on Tue May 13 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: subbed REPLY TO

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

They just had to throw a whole country into chaos, break up families and turn them back to the dark ages. 'tis as simple as that.
edit on thAmerica/Chicago513uk2014 by MessageforAll because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
Interesting video from VICE..

Why are they so worried about someone filming the voting if they aren't worried about something being seen that shouldn't be.

I would think if this was on the up and up they would welcome journalists there to see how well the voting went.

Wow, thanks for pointing that out.Now it's my turn.So no footage of the three Soldiers. Claims, memory card taken after Svetlana interview.Yet we see that interview.Yeah that works.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Hunter Biden to Ukraine gas board

Hunter Biden, the younger son of Vice President Joe Biden, will be joining Ukraine’s largest private gas producer, the company announced in a statement Read more: www.politico.com...

The Moscow Times: Son of US Vice President Biden joins Ukraine gas company

www.kyivpost.com...

e dit on 13-5-2014 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
US Sen. Cruz of Texas to visit Ukraine

AUSTIN, Texas — U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas will visit Ukraine this month and meet with leaders of the protest movement that forced out the country's pro-Russian president, his office said Tuesday. Read more here: www.thestate.com...=cpy

www.thestate.com...

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad
Hunter Biden to Ukraine gas board

Hunter Biden, the younger son of Vice President Joe Biden, will be joining Ukraine’s largest private gas producer, the company announced in a statement Read more: www.politico.com...

The Moscow Times: Son of US Vice President Biden joins Ukraine gas company

www.kyivpost.com...
< br />
Reads more like a press release than an article.

We should dig up more info on Biden.
edit on 13-5-2014 by ALoveSupreme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: 13th Zodiac

Why are they so worried about someone filming the voting if they aren't worried about something being seen that shouldn't be.

I would think if this was on the up and up they would welcome journalists there to see how well the voting went.

Wow, thanks for pointing that out.Now it's my turn.So no footage of the three Soldiers. Claims, memory card taken after Svetlana interview.Yet we see that interview.Yeah that works.

Doubting the veracity of VICE's claims is not going to be too popular here...

I think many would agree that during this conflict, they have given us one of the closest and most unfiltered views relative to any media agency. Actual reporting, imagine that.

But you are right about the relative lack of intimidation.
edit on 13-5-2014 by ALoveSupreme because: typos are easy to make when you have nails and a touchcreen

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Hello everybody!

Just wanted to tell you that I started a new thread for discussion on THREE KEY EVENTS in the Ukraine crisis and their related NARRATIVES which may or may not a suggest a heavy Russian government role in incitement and escalation.

This is an open discussion. And I have been very careful at the start to choose events about which both sides can agree on certain facts.

See more at:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 13-5-2014 by ALoveSupreme because: typos are easy to make when you have nails and a touchcreen

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: 13th Zodiac

.So no footage of the three Soldiers. Claims, memory card taken after Svetlana interview.Yet we see that interview.Yeah that works.

How do you know they didn't give them bogus memory cards?

When three men with guns tells you what to do, you will do it...especially if your goal in life is to live a long life.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Here is another one from VICE...

Total chaos...

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

.So no footage of the three Soldiers. Claims, memory card taken after Svetlana interview.Yet we see that interview.Yeah that works.

When three men with guns tells you what to do, you will do it...especially if your goal in life is to live a long life.

The same reason you don't!
What 3 Gunmen? didn't see them! Did you ?
Your speculating to prove your view
I'm saying it as it is.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ALoveSupreme

Doubting the veracity of VICE's claims is not going to be too popular here...

I think many would agree that during this conflict, they have given us one of the closest and most unfiltered views relative to any media agency. Actual reporting, imagine that.

But you are right about the relative lack of intimidation.

I don't care about what is popular.I care about the truth.Point out one untruth, I have said above.There is no evidence to back up the reporters claim.Somethings seem contridictory, to the claim.I have a right to question this and point it out.People who claim it as factual, to further their point of view are welcome to disprove what I said with hard evidence, that is clearly not there.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I'm saying it as it is.

Its ot like vices accusations are even new there consistent with what other reporters have reported. All it does is verify other news organizations are having the same problems. They have continually threatened and harassed reporters even detained them as hostages. Im not sure what point your trying to make are you claiming that all the news reporters are lying? Are you claiming they are not being imprisoned despite the fact they admit it and parade them out for other reporters? You can say this one incident was false thats fine but what about all the others? Its obvious the separatists neo nazis are controlling the media. But what do you expect when they take over the area in a junta like manor using guns and military. Wow that is fun no wonder putin keeps using that lol.

Is it obvious the rhetoric being used goes both ways? Theirs always 2 sides to a story and some where between the truth.
edit on 5/13/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I'm saying it as it is.

Well they do have something for VICE reporters, and considering what happened to Simon Ostrovsky I don't see what they would gain by lying.

VICE has been the truest news source in Ukraine today, so why risk your credibility by fabricating a story?

And what view is it you think I am trying to prove?

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I found this interesting also note im betting visa is pulling out of Russia. Russia just recently changed the rules for financial institutions like visa and mastercard levying huge taxes as well as demanding they must open up processing centers in Russia looks like visa is just going to opt out. This means mastercard will follow suit im sure.

Western corporate bosses pull out of Russian economic forum
BY MEGAN DAVIES AND TOM BERGIN
MOSCOW/LONDON Tue May 13, 2014 3:06pm EDT
13 COMMENTS

(Reuters) - Around a dozen chief executives and chairmen of major U.S. and European corporations have withdrawn from an economic conference in Russia as pressure between Moscow and the West grows over the crisis in Ukraine.

Eleven business leaders who were listed in late March as scheduled to attend the May 22-24 St. Petersburg International Economic Forum are no longer on the forum's website.

Only one company said their executive's decision to stay away was because of political tensions with most declining to give a reason. The cancellations, however, coincide with the United States and Europe considering further sanctions on Moscow over violence in eastern Ukraine, which western governments have blamed in part on Russia.

Sanctions have already been imposed in reaction to Russia's annexation of Crimea.

The chief executives of oil producer ConocoPhillips, jet maker Airbus Group, Visa Inc, Aluminum group Alcoa, Siemens, Citigroup, Morgan Stanley, International Paper Company, Pepsi, Italian oil group Eni and the chairman of consulting group Bain & Company are among those no longer scheduled to attend the forum.

Ryan Lance, the chief executive of Conoco, said he decided not to attend after discussions with the U.S. government.

"Like many of the American CEOs and industry leaders, we were approached by the State Department and talked to about many of the concerns that they had," Lance told reporters after the company's annual meeting on Tuesday. "So based on some of those concerns and comments I made a decision to not attend this year."

More than a dozen Western business leaders, including Goldman Sachs Chief Executive Lloyd Blankfein, remain on the program but sources close to some of the companies said other bosses planned to pull out. Goldman declined comment.

www.reuters.com...
edit on 5/13/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 592  593  594    596  597  598 >>

join