It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 508
<< 505  506  507    509  510  511 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Live streams from all over Ukraine.
ukrstream.tv...

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
RT Paula Slier states reports of Ukranian army executing pro Russians in Kramatorsk, prisoners being led to road, made to kneel and then being shot in the back of the head

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
After yesterday's video from Crimea self-defense units pledging their help to their brothers in E Ukraine fighting the "junta" in Kiev:

Today in Simferopol, members of Crimea self-defense gather in the central square, seemingly ready to depart to an unknown location:
ru.krymr.com...

In the central square of Simferopol gathered armed men in flak jackets , dressed in the form of so -called " self-defense of the Crimea ."

As reports from the scene Krym.Realii correspondent , currently in the square is 30-35 " samooboronovtsev ."

Here also drove several minibuses. Judging by the numbers , it's private vehicles .

Obviously, the representatives of "self-defense " plan departure from the central square of the city. However, the place of their next destination is unknown.

It is possible that they will be directed to the checkpoint , " the Turkish wall " in Armenian, what is now the peaceful protest of the Crimean Tatars , welcoming their leader Mustafa Cemil .

Along with other unconfirmed news:

Euromaidan PR @EuromaidanPR · 6m

BREAKING NEWS CRIMEA: Report of about 30 large aircraft flying towards Belbek/Simferopol airport and more appear to be approaching #Crimea

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
This is surreal watching ww3 unfold, the big rats are gearing up for the final fight and the fat cat is licking its lips at the prospect of having its final reward...nwo for us all surely can't be far away - right, middle, left it wont matter a toss, we are all losers. There will be no more history to write down or worry about, it is game over for us all and no more than we collectively deserve as a race.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
RT Paula Slier states reports of Ukranian army executing pro Russians in Kramatorsk, prisoners being led to road, made to kneel and then being shot in the back of the head

Paula states herself it is unverified and came from a local citizen. It could easily be rumors and innuendo and without any proof of said war crime, can easily be taken as propaganda.

Would I put it past them to do that? No, but wars are dependent of the hearts and minds of not just local sentiment but world sentiment. There appear to be some really radical groups involved no doubt, but its best to substantiate such bold claims.

Uncertified but local tells me he heard #RightSector putting people on knees and shooting in back of head at #Kramatorsk 6:52 AM - 3 May 2014

(post by renden removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: MessageforAll
rt.com...
Moscow: Kiev and its Western sponsors provoke bloodshed, are directly responsible

Kiev’s government and its western allies bear full responsibility for the recent bloodshed in Ukraine, Russia’s presidential spokesman has said, adding it is now impossible to convince people in the region to disarm because their lives are under threat.

The irony!

The Kremlin-controlled media has been fostering fear among Eastern Ukrainians nonstop since February about hordes of 'fascists' coming to get them in the East. They stirred up all this fear and triggered so much reactionary behavior among pro-Russians until half of the country was under siege. And now when the mob violence finally gets really deadly they blame it on the west.

Oh, the painful irony!

Of course this has been their too obvious plan -- to foster enough fear and ethnic hatred, to trigger events which would give a pretext for an invasion.

edit on 3-5-2014 by ALoveSupreme because: typo as its hard to type on touchscreen with nails

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I can imagine that at some point both Moscow and the US will make a statement cleaning their hands of the whole situation and let them separatists and pro Ukrainians murder each other out.

Everyone keeps their face and all is well. This could really happen.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: ALoveSupreme

rt.com...
Moscow: Kiev and its Western sponsors provoke bloodshed, are directly responsible

Kiev’s government and its western allies bear full responsibility for the recent bloodshed in Ukraine, Russia’s presidential spokesman has said, adding it is now impossible to convince people in the region to disarm because their lives are under threat.

The irony!

The Kremlin-controlled media has been fostering fear among Eastern Ukrainians nonstop since February about hordes of 'fascists' coming to get them in the East. They stirred up all this fear and triggered so much reactionary behavior among pro-Russians until half of the country was under siege. And now when the mob violence finally gets really deadly they blame it on the west.

Oh, the painful irony!

Of course this has been their too obvious plan -- to foster enough fear and ethnic hatred, to trigger events which would give a pretext for an invasion.

Just so I understand your post....

You are saying that Russia stoked up fear in E Ukraine about potential violence as you state: "to foster fear and ethnic hatred", than go on to concede that the violence has become realized.

So as predicted the violence is now front and center and because Russia was right, that makes them wrong. That is just awesome, if your not a politician you should be.

I'm not here to argue on the side of Russia but that is by far the best circle argument I've ever seen.

So from your argument, if I told my daughter not to touch the poisonous snake because it can kill her, that means I'm stoking fear. If she gets bit its my fault for warning her......genius.
edit on 3-5-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Interesting little fact:

Jerry Popowicz ‏@JerryPopowicz 2m

Many soldiers in Rostov region are recipients of the "Crimean Liberation" medal. Will they be liberating #Ukraine ? pic.twitter.com/UhMFG05sEJ

Link to picture: pic.twitter.com/UhMFG05sEJ

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
On Wednesday, China announced that it plans to hold joint naval drills with Russia in the East China Sea later this month.

“This shows unprecedented good relations between China and Russia,” Professor Wang Ning, director of the Center for Russian Studies at the Shanghai International Studies University, told the New York Times about last year’s drill. “It shows that the two countries will support each other on the global stage.”
www.zerohedge.com...

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Yes we've got to wait for confirmation on this. After the terrible crime against Russians yesterday in Odessa , anything is possible.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Dutzy

ATS should make it able to embed Twitter, it has become the most up to date ( somewhat unreliable ) way of getting news.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
After reports springing up on the net about Transdniester Moldovans and Russians present in Odessa Trade Union House, vice-PM Yarema:

Natalia Melnychuk @pravolivo
#Ukraine Vice-PM Yarema says foreigners were among those who died inside Trade Unions house in #Odesa, investigation ongoing so no names

www.kyivpost.com...

Police: Majority of detained in Odesa are Russians, residents of Transnistria

4:20 p.m. – More than half of the 172 people who were detained in Odesa on May 2 during clashes between pro-Ukrainians and Russian separatists were either from Russia or the breakaway region of Transnistria in Moldova where many ethnic Russians live, UNIAN reports citing the Interior Ministry. – Mark Rachkevyvch

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
RIGHT SECTOR or not?

It is interesting how any and all aggressive Ukrainian actions are attributed to 'Right Sector'.

I guess being the only obvious neo-nazis, they fit Moscow's narrative best.

But at least with the violence in Odessa yesterday, I did not see one tell tale Right Sector insignia—red and black, rune type insignia, black bandannas, etc.

Everything I saw concurrent with events talked about a 'pro unity' rally attended by the 'ultra' fans of the Odessan and Kharkov soccer teams.

There were mostly kids on the pro-Ukrainian side. Never saw any indication of Right Sector, although surely there must have been at least some sympathetic to their cause in the crowd.

Above, two girls smile for a camera while carrying molotov cocktails in Odessa yesterday before the Trade Unions fire.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

rt.com...

The irony!

Oh, the painful irony!

You are saying that Russia stoked up fear in E Ukraine about potential violence as you state: "to foster fear and ethnic hatred", than go on to concede that the violence has become realized.

So as predicted the violence is now front and center and because Russia was right, that makes them wrong. That is just awesome, if your not a politician you should be.

I'm not here to argue on the side of Russia but that is by far the best circle argument I've ever seen.

So from your argument, if I told my daughter not to touch the poisonous snake because it can kill her, that means I'm stoking fear. If she gets bit its my fault for warning her......genius.

If you know nothing of history I suppose this might sound like a new idea to you.

It is called agitation. Intelligence agencies of the USA and USSR used it constantly to provoke militancy and spawn conflicts when deemed necessary in the Cold War. In fact, going back to the Romans conquest of Gaul, it has been a useful technique to spawn hatred and mobilize masses.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Short video from UK journalist Graham Phillips, reporting in E Ukraine for RT, where he asks several old ladies where they are from and one shows a Ukrainian passport:

I like to point out some things that strike me as odd in this video and others of the sort I have seen during the current events in E Ukraine:

1. Why would you carry your passport around all the time in your home country/town and show it when someone asks where you are from ?
2. When obtaining a second citizenship, from what I know, unless you actually reside in the country where you obtain that citizenship, you are only issued a passport, not an ID card.

Could these nice old ladies be tourists ???

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dutzy
After reports springing up on the net about Transdniester Moldovans and Russians present in Odessa Trade Union House, vice-PM Yarema:

Natalia Melnychuk @pravolivo
#Ukraine Vice-PM Yarema says foreigners were among those who died inside Trade Unions house in #Odesa, investigation ongoing so no names

www.kyivpost.com...

Police: Majority of detained in Odesa are Russians, residents of Transnistria

4:20 p.m. – More than half of the 172 people who were detained in Odesa on May 2 during clashes between pro-Ukrainians and Russian separatists were either from Russia or the breakaway region of Transnistria in Moldova where many ethnic Russians live, UNIAN reports citing the Interior Ministry. – Mark Rachkevyvch

This is a very important part of the story in Odessa--whether or not Russian and Transnistria nationals were among the pro-Russians who were killed.

So far a few Kyiv media outlets have reported this coming from Odessa police and the Russian media has of course published contrary reports.

Not that we need further proof that foreigners are directly involved in the Eastern Ukrainian agitation.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dutzy
Short video from UK journalist Graham Phillips, reporting in E Ukraine for RT, where he asks several old ladies where they are from and one shows a Ukrainian passport:

I like to point out some things that strike me as odd in this video and others of the sort I have seen during the current events in E Ukraine:

1. Why would you carry your passport around all the time in your home country/town and show it when someone asks where you are from ?
2. When obtaining a second citizenship, from what I know, unless you actually reside in the country where you obtain that citizenship, you are only issued a passport, not an ID card.

Could these nice old ladies be tourists ???

Ukrainians carry a non international document 'passport' that looks similar to international ones in terms of size. But it is really just a form of national ID. The page she showed was from one such document.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

rt.com...

The irony!

Oh, the painful irony!

If you know nothing of history I suppose this might sound like a new idea to you.

It is called agitation. Intelligence agencies of the USA and USSR used it constantly to provoke militancy and spawn conflicts when deemed necessary in the Cold War. In fact, going back to the Romans conquest of Gaul, it has been a useful technique to spawn hatred and mobilize masses.

I'd like to think I understand history quite well. That being said, what you wrote here and what you wrote above are not exactly the same. So here I agree that inciting E Ukrainians brought the hostilities to where they're at but I wouldn't lay fault at the feet of Russia. Meaning, that had Russia not incited the East, the East would have been rolled over by the puppet regime installed by the west.

Russia, in her own interest incited the East to make the transition from a Pro-Russian client state to a pro-west client state that much more difficult. That being said, there is plenty of blame to go around.
edit on 3-5-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 505  506  507    509  510  511 >>

join