It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 506
<< 503  504  505    507  508  509 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Breaking: Unconfirmed Reports OSCE hostages all free #sloviansk

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   
More reports of the OSCE prisoners being released, from Romanian correspondent for Adevarul newspaper:

Mircea Barbu ‏@mirceabarbu 3m

@mirceabarbu: BREAKING: #OSCE hostages have been released. #Ukraine
from Ukraine

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: cosmonova

originally posted by: dragonridr
Thought id post this as well i missed this im surprised i didnt notice but im betting im no the only one but it does explain why the helicopters were able to be shot down.

Gunships Without Gunners
Two Ukrainian Army Mi-24 helicopter gunships were shot down by separatists over eastern Ukraine. One of the helicopters crashed, killing the pilot. The pilot of the other Mi-24 had to make an emergency landing and was captured. What's interesting is that neither gunship had a gunner. An Mi-24 requires a crew of two: a pilot and a co-pilot/gunner. Without the gunner, this otherwise heavily-armed assault helicopter is little more than an armored transport. It would seem this latest phase of Kiev's "anti-terrorist" operation will become just another embarrassment for the Kiev junta.

The Pilot himself said that he was doing reconnaissance only.
Plain stupid to use helicopters in there for anything else but transport.

It was a quote cant edit it be dishonest but i do watch both sides of the story you should really try it. Also this tells me these choppers without gunners were for show meaning Kiev didnt want them to kill people. But i know youll see it differently right?

actually some of them were shooting, check this at 1:10

this is when they started using RPGs.
Helicopters were cruising for a couple weeks over Slovyansk but they never used force.
It all changed yesterday and those guys started using RPGs.
We know results.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   
at 6:30 you can see militants from Right Sector shooting at people in burning building in Odessa yesterday.
www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: ashpack
Fighting resumed in Slovyansk, Reports on twitter another Pilot is killed.

can you post a link to said twitter, thanks.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Morning yall, some good news I heard.

Odessa police chief sacked; internal inquiry launched into May 2 events - minister

Interfax

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: MessageforAll
Morning yall, some good news I heard.

Odessa police chief sacked; internal inquiry launched into May 2 events - minister

Interfax

Thats the shocker for me the police in Ukraine just stand around letting people do anything they want. Should try the police for accessory to murder.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: MessageforAll from what I saw on the livestream yesterday, the police were useless, in fact they were worse than useless, just becoming an extension of the mob in the end.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: cosmonova
at 6:30 you can see militants from Right Sector shooting at people in burning building in Odessa yesterday.
www.youtube.com...

Why do you think the over weight teenager who obviously has never fired a gun before and wearing body armor that isnt even close to fitting him is right sector? Looks to me like a kid that stole his dads stuff.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: cosmonova

Im having a problem Emedding the tweets, All over twitter now, 7 released they are saying. The tweet about fighting resuming was by The Kiev Post.

twitter.com...

edit on 3-5-2014 by ashpack because: edit

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I watch the livestream yesterday on the crackdown in Odessa I think it was, you can hardly be surprised, I only saw kids. No more of age then say 18. I might have seen on or two adults. How do you expect these kids to act.

But then again, i'd rather see the police do the work instead of the militarily.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: MessageforAll I was watching the livestream, just thinking that human beings haven't really progressed at all. People have been behaving like this since they knew how to pick up rocks and throw them.
There's hardly any difference between ethnic Ukrainians and ethnic Russians, yet there were two sides wanting to kill each other yesterday, baying for each other's blood. There was something medieval about the scenes. Scenes that have been repeated throughout human history. There's not much hope for the future really.

edit on 3-5-2014 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Chinese state media says West should abandon Cold War thinking.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   
rt.com...
Moscow: Kiev and its Western sponsors provoke bloodshed, are directly responsible

Kiev’s government and its western allies bear full responsibility for the recent bloodshed in Ukraine, Russia’s presidential spokesman has said, adding it is now impossible to convince people in the region to disarm because their lives are under threat.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Extremely disturbing video, there is a dead body at Andriivka, witnesses say Ukr soldiers opened fire on civilians. There is still a dead body at Andriivka, some 6km from Sloviansk, reports several killed in night.

and this was just three hours before shooting at local civilians.

Allegedly 10 people have been killed and 30 injured.
Troops just left a place afterwards.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Crimeans gather at border between #kherson & #Crimea . Demanding that Berkut let Mustafa Cemilev Into #Crimea |EMPR pic.twitter.com/5cCJkYdKYB

New photo: Stand-off continues&grows where crimean Tatars gathered w/ Mustafa Cemilev w/ Berkut border guards |EMPR pic.twitter.com/Sbe4DDnCzv

LE: qha.com.ua...

ARMYANSK (QHA) - Thousands of Crimean Tatars broke through the cordon of Russian special forces and go to the border. Was a scuffle . A shot was fired into the air , the correspondent QHA.

Now people go to the column border , riot policemen and machine go together.

The column was held a few hundred meters to the boundary of the Kherson region. People shouting "Allahu Akbar! ", " Mustafa ", " Millett ! Vatan ! Kyrym ! "( " People! Motherland Crimea !) .

Recall closer to the border demonstrators blocked the path of about 40 members of the Russian special forces OMON in full gear and the traffic police . Behind them stood about 20 " little green men " with shields , rifles and helmets . A little further were two APCs

Recall , a convoy of vehicles with thousands of Crimean Tatar flags popped up to the checkpoint in the Armenian , to meet the leader of the Crimean Tatar people , MP Mustafa Cemil , who returns to the car from Kiev to the Crimea.

Leader of the Crimean Tatar people , the deputy of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine Mustafa Cemil May 2 not allowed in Moscow. He could not get on the flight from Moscow to Simferopol .

Cemil not passed through passport control, stating that he was denied entry . The deputy returned to Kiev . Today he returns to his car from Kiev to the Crimea.

About 1,000 people came to the checkpoint in the Armenian , awaiting the arrival of the leader of the Crimean Tatar people , MP Mustafa Cemil .

edit on Sat0000003112214 by Dutzy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   
RT's Paula Slier:

PaulaSlier_RT @PaulaSlier_RT
Ukraine's Ministry of the Interior said it controls all checkpoints in #Kramatorsk. Self-defence units haven't confirmed these reports yet.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Agence France-Presse ‏@AFP 3m

#BREAKING: Moscow 'has lost its influence' over rebels in eastern Ukraine: Putin spokesman

So if any escalation in violence takes place in E Ukraine, Moscow has nothing to do with it, is that the conclusion we are supposed to draw from this statement ?!
edit on Sat0000003112214 by Dutzy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   
The reason why the police and militias seem so ineffective is because Ukrainians, irrespective of what language they prefer to speak, do not want to hurt one another. Ukrainians do not want a civil war; it is being foisted on them by outside agitators.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dutzy

Agence France-Presse ‏@AFP 3m

#BREAKING: Moscow 'has lost its influence' over rebels in eastern Ukraine: Putin spokesman

So if any escalation in violence takes place in E Ukraine, Moscow has nothing to do with it, is that the conclusion we are supposed to draw from this statement ?!

Funny... I thought the Russians were there to protect people.

top topics

<< 503  504  505    507  508  509 >>

join