It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 505
<< 502  503  504    506  507  508 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Oh and i need to print a retraction i said earlier that the only place the rockets that shot down the helicopters was Russia and this proves there involvement i was wrong. i did some searching and i found this.

So it isnt proof Russians are involved.there indeed was another source.

MANPADS stolen from Ukraine’s military depots
March 10, 2014 - Europe, News - Tagged: 'Igla', (MANPADS), Lviv, man-portable air-defense systems, Ukraine - 2 comments

EmailShare
digg
Fb-Button

manpads2Several, maybe even a few dozen ‘Igla’ man-portable air-defense systems (MANPADS) were stolen from Ukraine’s military depots during the incidents in this country, a senior Ukrainian military man told RIA Novosti.

The lack MANPADS was particularly registered at the 80th separate airmobile regiment, where there were 54 sets of such systems and at the 27th separate mobile brigade, stationed 45 kilometres from Lviv city, where there were 90 MANPADS, according to the information.

- See more at: praag.org...

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Day after in Odessa, police guarding the building where people died.
Notice the nazi sign on the left.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
Oh and i need to print a retraction i said earlier that the only place the rockets that shot down the helicopters was Russia and this proves there involvement i was wrong. i did some searching and i found this.

March 10, 2014 - Europe, News - Tagged: 'Igla', (MANPADS), Lviv, man-portable air-defense systems, Ukraine - 2 comments

EmailShare
digg
Fb-Button

manpads2Several, maybe even a few dozen ‘Igla’ man-portable air-defense systems (MANPADS) were stolen from Ukraine’s military depots during the incidents in this country, a senior Ukrainian military man told RIA Novosti.

The lack MANPADS was particularly registered at the 80th separate airmobile regiment, where there were 54 sets of such systems and at the 27th separate mobile brigade, stationed 45 kilometres from Lviv city, where there were 90 MANPADS, according to the information.

I have posted a video a couple weeks back with local people taking over an army truck full of anti-aircraft weaponry.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: cosmonova

EmailShare
digg
Fb-Button

I have posted a video a couple weeks back with local people taking over an army truck full of anti-aircraft weaponry.

I had a feeling you would enjoy my retraction lol.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I also watched 2 or 3 live streams throughout the afternoon and into the evening and it was truly quite shocking.

My take on what was going on was the same as many of you guys, The Russians where shooting handguns into the crowd of Ukrainians below. From what I saw it was the very angry Ukrainians throwing those Molotov Cocktails into the building, The police seemed to be doing absolutely nothing for either side apart from making human walls.

I remember at one point all the Ukrainians banging bits of wood and I think they where chanting "Glory to Ukraine" but i can't be sure exactly what they where chanting.

I hope I personally never experience scenes like that and I feel for the people of Ukraine.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Doesnt look like any Nazi symbol ive seen looks like a celtic cross to me telling me someone is praying for the dead.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   

EmailShare
digg
Fb-Button

it would be even better if you stop ignoring the facts posted in here, therefore no need for retraction.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Doesnt look like any Nazi symbol ive seen looks like a celtic cross to me telling me someone is praying for the dead.

en.wikipedia.org...

nah, that is a symbol of world-wide Neo-Nazi Movement called White Pride.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   

EmailShare
digg
Fb-Button

it would be even better if you stop ignoring the facts posted in here, therefore no need for retraction.

I elieve its your turn now see my last post

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Another video of events in Odessa yesterday:

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

Which could not possibly have been put there by an FSB arsonist for propaganda purposes.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

en.wikipedia.org...

Which could not possibly have been put there by an FSB arsonist for propaganda purposes.

oh have I missed CNN news?

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Over 10 people have died and around 40 have been injured after members of Right Sector opened fire on civilians in eastern Ukraine, the People’s Mayor of Slavyansk has said.

Civilians had reportedly formed a human chain to protect their village from members of the right-wing group.

“In the village of Andreevka (suburb of Slavyansk) during the night people blocked entry to Right Sector members, forming a human chain along the road. Members of Right Sector opened fire, killing over 10 people,” The People’s Mayor of Slavyansk Vyacheslav Ponomarev told Russia’s Interfax news agency in a telephone conversation.

unconfirmed at this stage, details to follow.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

Thought id say could be this guy hes ready to go medieval on someone.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Fighting resumed in Slovyansk, Reports on twitter another Pilot is killed.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Thought id post this as well i missed this im surprised i didnt notice but im betting im no the only one but it does explain why the helicopters were able to be shot down.

Gunships Without Gunners
Two Ukrainian Army Mi-24 helicopter gunships were shot down by separatists over eastern Ukraine. One of the helicopters crashed, killing the pilot. The pilot of the other Mi-24 had to make an emergency landing and was captured. What's interesting is that neither gunship had a gunner. An Mi-24 requires a crew of two: a pilot and a co-pilot/gunner. Without the gunner, this otherwise heavily-armed assault helicopter is little more than an armored transport. It would seem this latest phase of Kiev's "anti-terrorist" operation will become just another embarrassment for the Kiev junta.

edit on 5/3/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Come on, your not going to blame the arson on the pro Russians, when it was clear to see who started the fire. It was also clear the catalyst was the pro Russians using fire arms against pro Kiev supporters, which whipped up the pro Ukrainians to the point they set fire to the trade union building. Most people who saw the live streams will attest to this.

Don't be blinded by your hate of Russia that it makes you lose sight of the reality on the ground. It was mob violence on a grand scale, with lots of hot heads on both sides and little to non police intervention.
The pro Russians shouldn't have been using guns and the pro Kiev protesters shouldn't have burnt the trade union building down knowing there were people inside. Both groups were in the wrong IMO.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Over 10 people have died and around 40 have been injured after members of Right Sector opened fire on civilians in eastern Ukraine, the People’s Mayor of Slavyansk has said.

Civilians had reportedly formed a human chain to protect their village from members of the right-wing group.

“In the village of Andreevka (suburb of Slavyansk) during the night people blocked entry to Right Sector members, forming a human chain along the road. Members of Right Sector opened fire, killing over 10 people,” The People’s Mayor of Slavyansk Vyacheslav Ponomarev told Russia’s Interfax news agency in a telephone conversation.

unconfirmed at this stage, details to follow.

Yeah when it says details to follow its rumor they grabbed off tweets ignore it for now. those ten have been mentioned with no confirmation from any one other than RT. In fact remember the video you posted of the army firing into the air that was the claim the army opened fire on them killing 10.
edit on 5/3/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Thought id post this as well i missed this im surprised i didnt notice but im betting im no the only one but it does explain why the helicopters were able to be shot down.

Gunships Without Gunners
Two Ukrainian Army Mi-24 helicopter gunships were shot down by separatists over eastern Ukraine. One of the helicopters crashed, killing the pilot. The pilot of the other Mi-24 had to make an emergency landing and was captured. What's interesting is that neither gunship had a gunner. An Mi-24 requires a crew of two: a pilot and a co-pilot/gunner. Without the gunner, this otherwise heavily-armed assault helicopter is little more than an armored transport. It would seem this latest phase of Kiev's "anti-terrorist" operation will become just another embarrassment for the Kiev junta.

The Pilot himself said that he was doing reconnaissance only.
Plain stupid to use helicopters in there for anything else but transport.
edit on 3-5-2014 by cosmonova because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Gunships Without Gunners

The Pilot himself said that he was doing reconnaissance only.
Plain stupid to use helicopters in there for anything else but transport.

It was a quote cant edit it be dishonest but i do watch both sides of the story you should really try it. Also this tells me these choppers without gunners were for show meaning Kiev didnt want them to kill people. But i know youll see it differently right?

new topics

top topics

<< 502  503  504    506  507  508 >>

join