It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 496
<< 493  494  495    497  498  499 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

A pro-Russian, probably Ukrainian.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Russian Military - Odessa

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
more cnn updates
www.cnn.com... /ukraine-lister-small-numbers/index.html?iid=article_sidebar

i read in another thread, someone sure there would be a massive war by end of may, well cnn is really jumping on this now. i see this as ramping up exponentially.

i wish calmer heads and diplomacy would start to take over.
earlier i heard that russia has now announced the point of no return is here.
the rhetoric on both sides is something i never thought i would see, and hoped i would never see.

now they are talking about americas red line to putin on cnn.

how many more hours, days or weeks before both these countries invoke M.A.D.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Russian bullets used against Ukranians:

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: voyger2
Russian Military - Odessa

Doubtful. Many pro-Russian types in Odessa. Doubt the police would protect him if he were Russian military. But my skepticism is just speculation too.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ALoveSupreme

There is no Pro Russians.. or Pro Ukrainians.. There is only Russians or Ukrainians.. IMO

edit: who wants to be Russian just cross the border ..simple as that.
edit on v20141410America/ChicagoFri, 02 May 2014 10:59:16 -05002 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
So trouble...In Odessa...Right next to Pro Russian Moldova? who would of guessed

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR

Meanwhile in #Luhansk, the Ministry of Internal Affairs building is freed from the terrorists @makars | EMPR #Ukraine pic.twitter.com/gl9Zrfez6W

pic.twitter.com/gl9Zrfez6W

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
United Nations Security Council live:
webtv.un.org...

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Whatever happened to Asen? Seems it has been awhile since he posted.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Watching this live cast (www.ustream.tv...) and listen to the russian representative at UN (webtv.un.org...)
it's RIDICULOUS ... saying Ukrainian is using force against there people! The only force I see there using force are the Russians... against Ukrainian people!!!

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Asen lives in the West of Ukraine so he is pretty safe at the moment.

I'm watching the UNSC meeting. Vitaly Churkin is deluded.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorT

The same rhetoric over and over...

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dutzy
a reply to: ProfessorT

The same rhetoric over and over...
I'm wondering what the point of the UNSC is because let's be honest, they've not achieved anything positive in this crisis. The French representative is delivering a very strong statement now.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
What ?
US, EU’s support of Kiev’s tactics blocks peaceful resolution of Ukraine crisis – Russia

The West has cut all paths to a peaceful solution of the Ukrainian crisis by supporting the Kiev authorities and their violent crackdown on protests in the eastern part of the country, Russia’s envoy Vitaly Churkin told the UN Security Council.

rt.com...

How can this be considered the right action? The more I look at this the more i'm hoping it will be a warm winter this year... Because I think Russia will hit us ( EU ) hard over this.
edit on ndAmerica/Chicago502000000k2014 by MessageforAll because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: MessageforAll
What ?
US, EU’s support of Kiev’s tactics blocks peaceful resolution of Ukraine crisis – Russia

The West has cut all paths to a peaceful solution of the Ukrainian crisis by supporting the Kiev authorities and their violent crackdown on protests in the eastern part of the country, Russia’s envoy Vitaly Churkin told the UN Security Council.

rt.com...

How can this be considered the right action? The more I look at this the more i'm hoping it will be a warm winter this year... Because I think Russia will hit us ( EU ) hard over this.
Vitaly Churkin has repeated the same sort of stuff at every United Nations Security Council meeting so it's nothing new. The irony of Russia's disinformation and skewed reporting of the facts is something to behold. Churkin is just Russia's propaganda mouthpiece within the UN.
edit on 2-5-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Strong word from the UNSC but that's all they ever are!

Russia sitting smugly thinking "Really what are you going to do?"

MUD is being tested. to scale the conflict up to the bigger picture the start of Resource wars?

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I know, but this was one of the last ways to peaceful make an end to this. At this point they are forcing Russia to act. So they can spin it that Russia is the aggressor.

So for everyone here, you wouldn't mind having your administration use military force on you fellow countrymen?

I wish that we at least could come to an agreement that both party's are sending people to further escalate things. And I mean the USA/EU/NATO versus Russia.

But I guess this will be hard to find common ground on this subject.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TreX-UK

Kiev has no right to violate the Geneva declarations and use military force against the protestors. This is escalating the situation intentionally.

These protestors were not out rampaging and destroying buildings or assaulting people. Do no feel bad when Russians send in forces to stop the oppression of the protestors by a Kiev's MILITARY FORCE using tanks and helicopters.

China Condemns Unilateral Sanctions Against Russia – Envoy

en.ria.ru...
edit on 2-5-2014 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Whilst the UNSC meets, Odessa starts burning...

new topics

top topics

<< 493  494  495    497  498  499 >>

join