It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 495
<< 492  493  494    496  497  498 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
twitter.com...

МОЛНИЯ! Отступая из #Славянск Правый Сектор взорвал химзавод! 2 дежурных ранено. Закройте окна, не выходите из дома. pic.twitter.com/9qYmcpjsCS

Which through Google translate

'LIGHTNING! Departing from # Slavic law Sector chemical plant blew up! 2 injured on duty. Close the windows, do not leave home. pic.twitter.com/9qYmcpjsCS'

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
cnn is confirming 2 copters down. also on location reporting it is a tough time for ukrainian army as they are coming up against thousand of rock throwing protesters(unarmed).
www.cnn.com... ml?hpt=hp_t2

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: letscit
a reply to: ALoveSupreme

my understanding, is that there are many ukrainians who used to be in russian military, especially during the russians time in afghanistan. i believe this is where the training you speak of comes from. i was never in the military, but i do have some military training as my grandfather made it a point to teach us all in the family what he learned while in the army during ww2. going so far as to take me into the woods since age 5. as he said, the world will once again be at war and it is best to be prepared as you never know where it will take place and in case the government ever over steps its bounds and rises up against its citizens.

this i believe could very well be the training you are looking for.

sorry about being off topic, to a point.

Yes there are many Ukrainians who were formerly in the Soviet military. This is absolutely true.

But being an aging Afghanistan veteran who teaches basic field tactics to his kids and being a full time Kuban Cossack mercenary are two very different things.

Militias which are permitted in your country are a very different thing from Russian ones. I think there is a huge difference, say between your Michigan militia and Kadyrovites which are actually funded by both the government and organized criminals (the distinction between the two is often blurred in Russia).

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Is anyone else watching the stream?

It's getting worse.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
The situation in Odessa is getting out of control. You have pro-Russian and pro-Ukrainian protesters having an all out battle in the streets with firearms, petrol bombs, tear gas, rocks...and a fire truck. This is the worst violence in Ukraine since February in my opinion and sadly it doesn't look like it's going to stop. As I write this barricades are now being erected from whatever the pro-Ukrainians' can find.

With Russia requesting an emergency UNSC meeting I get the feeling they are going to use Article 51.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: khimbar

Yup.

Getting Intense.

Wind is going against the pro-Kiev. Might get smoked out.
edit on 2-5-2014 by SurrenderingAmerica because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorT

And now that building on fire.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
My stream is probably lagging behind, the building on fire has only happened now. It's a shame - Ukraine has some beautiful buildings and they are all being destroyed!

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The «Russian» side in Ukranian Soil is far best equipped then the Ukranians...why is that? how can this be? blinded is the one who don't wanna see..

edit: How does a minoraty (russian) want's to control the Majority (Ukranians)? With Lies, propaganda and a camouflaged russian invasion!
edit on v20141410America/ChicagoFri, 02 May 2014 10:11:40 -05002 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Pro-Russians are on top of a building throwing large rocks (presumably bricks from the road) at pro-Ukrainians.
edit on 2-5-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Armed pro-Russians, carrying handguns, on building tops in Odessa square...

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Just seen a masked pro-Russian guy in military clothing aiming a black handgun at the protesters below.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorT
Pro-Russians are on top of a building throwing large rocks (presumably bricks from the road) at pro-Ukrainians.

pro-Russians were shooting handguns from the roof into the crowd.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
using a hand gun too. Caught red handed.a reply to: ProfessorT

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorT

just saw the same thin fired 3 shots down at crowd

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
screen capture moments ago,,

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome

from top of yellow building,

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome

Many of the Ukrainains are shouting indignantly at the police to do their jobs and get rid of the pro-Russians firing from the roof.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Many people cursing a lone pro-Russian surrounded by police, telling him he is a 'traitor', 'breaking the country apart', that he is the 'slave of Moscow', 'Putin's bitch', etc.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Is that a Russian they caught on the live stream?

top topics

<< 492  493  494    496  497  498 >>

join