It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 494
<< 491  492  493    495  496  497 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
pretty awesome article on the whole history of west vs east bringing us to ukraine today.
stateofthenation2012.com...

here is also another link. it goes into detail about all the oligarchs and how what is happening now is for world domination between rockefellers/rothchilds(east) vs romanovs(west) all for banking supremecy.
wikispooks.com...:Battleground_Ukraine

how shameful and evil is it, if the truth , is people lying, manipulating and putting the earths inhabitants in direct danger for a few families who feel entitlement to the ownership of the world.

if we tossed all these families in dungeons with bread and water for eternity, set cap limits on how much wealth worldwide you could have. would even this quench the human animals thirst for other human animal blood?

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: renden
POST REMOVED BY STAFF.

We have been quoting many sources on all sides of conflict, including RT.

Putin and his oligarchic power base (which is actually very International in reach) is a very real danger. The fact that this leader has not relinquished power for so many years and shows no intentions of doing so betrays an authoritarian character.

Undoubtedly the Euromaidan movement has become a conflict upon which several powerful regimes, including the corrupt western governments, are trying to exert their influence.

But if you have noticed, the west is not prepared to do anything except impose sanctions. If anything, that is a conspiracy.

This is not like Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya or any of other recent asymmetric conflicts people have mentioned. Because there is no way for the west to face Russia in a direct conflict. Because to do so would mean total war.
edit on 2-5-2014 by ALoveSupreme because: typo as its hard to type on touchscreen with nails

edit on Fri May 2 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: renden

Gotta admit, never thought I would see that day.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

@DimaMiryan: Activists report, police defends the separatists who attacked first and already killed a man. #Odessa #Ukraine #Russia
Apparently the man was shot in the head.
edit on 2-5-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
i would like to point out to many who accuse russia of being in ukraine because of russian weapons being sen. the ukraine has/is russias largest supplier of arms. so russian assault rifles and rpgs are expected to be in ukraine citizens hands as they are the very people who make these weapons. why has this been glossed over.

not looking to derail, but to add a little substance to the situation for everyones understanding.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Live stream from Odessa here.

www.ustream.tv...

Very strange to sit, in relative comfort, drinking tea, watching this happen. Surreal almost.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorT

I saw that activist, already dead, in the stream earlier....

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

edit on 2-5-2014 by SurrenderingAmerica because: nevermind. was late to the party

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: letscit
i would like to point out to many who accuse russia of being in ukraine because of russian weapons being sen. the ukraine has/is russias largest supplier of arms. so russian assault rifles and rpgs are expected to be in ukraine citizens hands as they are the very people who make these weapons. why has this been glossed over.

not looking to derail, but to add a little substance to the situation for everyones understanding.

This is a fair point. But their effective use also takes training. And that is something that also suggests professional military (GRU or mercenary) involvement.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Armed Pro-Russian protester in Odessa:
pic.twitter.com...

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: renden

You don't get banned that easily, no worries, mind linking the tube video again? As long as we stay civilized and keep easy on the CAPSLOCK all is fine

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Dutzy

I wonder how many times images like these get posted without knowing for sure where or not there pro Russian or pro kiev.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: MessageforAll

He has the St George ribbon at his neck, a sign used by Russian supporters and separatists in E ukraine...

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ALoveSupreme

my understanding, is that there are many ukrainians who used to be in russian military, especially during the russians time in afghanistan. i believe this is where the training you speak of comes from. i was never in the military, but i do have some military training as my grandfather made it a point to teach us all in the family what he learned while in the army during ww2. going so far as to take me into the woods since age 5. as he said, the world will once again be at war and it is best to be prepared as you never know where it will take place and in case the government ever over steps its bounds and rises up against its citizens.

this i believe could very well be the training you are looking for.

sorry about being off topic, to a point.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   

@olgatokariuk: It seems many people on pro-#Russia side in #Odessa are armed, witnesses talk about 3 people shot dead #Ukraine

@olgatokariuk: And here we go @PressRUSUN: #Russia has called for an emergency meeting of #UNSC on #Ukraine today | Watch live: t.co...

edit on 2-5-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: renden
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Oh there are definitely Ukrainian civilians participating in these actions. I do not think anybody is denying that.

But just as many have questioned the impetus and coordination of civilian protestors at Euromaidan, a perennial question in this Eastern Ukrainian situation is -- who is providing the impetus and coordination of pro-Russian actions?
(now called 'pro-Federalization' by Russian state media).

At Euromaidan there were slingshots, molotov cocktails, and in the end handguns carried by the most extreme elements. Svoboda (and to a much lesser extent Right Sector who can only claim a membership of around 5000-7000) definitely played a role, trying to exploit the popular indignation of the masses who had become sick of a chronically corrupt and repressive presidential administration.

But at no point did the Euromaidan protestors carry out tactical raids, shoulder automatic rifles, or fire Strela SAMs at helicopters circling above. And this is exactly why you cannot compare the two movements. So far, only one side seems to enjoy the direct backing of a major military power. Of course this may change and this is in large part all of our greatest fears.

Recently we have seen proof of Russian mercenaries (so called 'cossacks' working through PMCs such as CHOP Tsentr-Alfa) acting as the spearhead of these supposedly 'self defense' raids. And now we have seen a defense against Ukrainian military operating within their own borders that suggests superior military training, likely in unconventional warfare tactics.
edit on Fri May 2 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 491  492  493    495  496  497 >>

join