It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 490
<< 487  488  489    491  492  493 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   

paralel universe ‏@ignis_fatum 4m
Photos of a downed helicopter in pro #Russia communities and #Russia state tv are from Chechnya.

US Embassy Riga ‏@USEmbassyRiga 21m
.@JohnKerry tells #Russia: "NATO territory is inviolable—we will defend every single inch of it" j.mp...

Also noticed RTs coverage is changing they were in direct contact with the self defense forces now they are clueless and now relying on western media. This tells me that they cant find anyone still in charge with the separatists.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   

RT: Being told are snipers here #Kramatorsk” this is Bad, real bad #Ukraine #Russia

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   

KP correspondent reports from Slavic: The third helicopter was shot down, say RPG

Briefing Southeast
02/05/2014 09:15 Slovyansk
KP correspondent Alexander Kotz transmits Slavic: Downed third spinner. The first two ATGM shot down a third of the RPG.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Wounded Ukrainian Helicopter pilot. . .
edit on 2-5-2014 by SurrenderingAmerica because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   

10 checkpoints have been captured in #Slaviansk, according to #Ukraine's interior minister. #Russia sitrepnetwork.blogspot.com...

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: BobAthome
a reply to: dragonridr

www.stripes.com...

"Working with the U.S. Army, Slovenian troops train using the MANPADS (man-portable air defense systems) launcher in Grafenwoehr, Germany, Oct. 14, 2014."

U.S. Army

stop it,, your being silly.

quote "Any way if MANPADS are being used they have to be Russian sorry. " unquote

Those are NATO troops training what does that have to do with Ukraine? You are just apparently trying to derail the thread. Lokk The US wouldnt supply MANPADS to separatists you would have to be a fool to believe that. Therefore that only leaves one other option Russia. Most likely the sa 24 grinch since i have doubt the sa 16 would take out a hind. I see your confusion is the term of MANPADS thats a classification it doesnt Russians have them too you know. wow
edit on 5/2/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   

you can see injured pilot around 3:30

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   

The Ukrainian army offensive against regions controlled by militia in the South-East of the country will become the last attack of the present Kiev authorities, Crimea’s acting Head Sergei Aksyonov and Crimean State Council (parliament) Chairman Vladimir Konstantinov said on Thursday, May 1, commenting on media reports about a possible resumption of the army operation in the Donetsk and Lugansk regions.

"The crooks in Kiev do not understand that everything they are doing will boomerang on them personally. A war against one’s own people has never done any good. We think they must be put on trial," Aksyonov said, adding, "At any rate, history will make its own assessment of these villains who are sending troops against their own people."
In his opinion, a resumption of the army operation will produce a result opposite to that expected by Kiev. "They still do not understand that all this will bring about resistance ten times stronger than now. The killing of peaceful people must not be forgiven no matter what goals are pursued. They must come to their senses," Aksyonov said.
Read more: voiceofrussia.com...

I tend to agree. You cannot win a war against people.
Slovyansk is fast becoming a symbol of people's resistance against oppressive regime sponsored by US.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: cosmonova

KP correspondent reports from Slavic: The third helicopter was shot down, say RPG

Briefing Southeast
02/05/2014 09:15 Slovyansk
KP correspondent Alexander Kotz transmits Slavic: Downed third spinner. The first two ATGM shot down a third of the RPG.

06:29 GMT:
A third Ukrainian helicopter, a Mil Mi-24, was downed at a checkpoint in the eastern Ukrainian city of Slavyansk, Rossiya-24 TV reports, adding that the helicopter “literally exploded in the air.”

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   

The Ukrainian army offensive against regions controlled by militia in the South-East of the country will become the last attack of the present Kiev authorities, Crimea’s acting Head Sergei Aksyonov and Crimean State Council (parliament) Chairman Vladimir Konstantinov said on Thursday, May 1, commenting on media reports about a possible resumption of the army operation in the Donetsk and Lugansk regions.

"The crooks in Kiev do not understand that everything they are doing will boomerang on them personally. A war against one’s own people has never done any good. We think they must be put on trial," Aksyonov said, adding, "At any rate, history will make its own assessment of these villains who are sending troops against their own people."
In his opinion, a resumption of the army operation will produce a result opposite to that expected by Kiev. "They still do not understand that all this will bring about resistance ten times stronger than now. The killing of peaceful people must not be forgiven no matter what goals are pursued. They must come to their senses," Aksyonov said.

Slovyansk is fast becoming a symbol of people's resistance against oppressive regime sponsored by US.

Well looks like Russia backed down on their threats now they're talking about what history will think. I figured a much stronger response with further threats. And yeah i agree Ukraine is turning into a symbol just not the one your thinking i have a feeling this is going to unite Ukrainians before its over. Because next theycan turn there attention to russia.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Russia isn't done with this, they will have their pound of flesh. But the current Regime in Kiev is only making things worse. But they need to be or no money to pay of gazprom.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: MessageforAll

Russia isn't done with this, they will have their pound of flesh. But the current Regime in Kiev is only making things worse. But they need to be or no money to pay of gazprom.

I agree Ukraine cant lose eastern Ukraine Its there industrial sector. Without the factories there there income would be drastically reduced. They would have no chance in repaying any loans or for that matter paying for the military there drafting.They really had little choice the only other option would be to join another country.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Well looks like Russia backed down on their threats now they're talking about what history will think. I figured a much stronger response with further threats. And yeah i agree Ukraine is turning into a symbol just not the one your thinking i have a feeling this is going to unite Ukrainians before its over. Because next theycan turn there attention to russia.

LOL, too funny. All I can say on that is RIP Ukraine.
You might have more chance to go on a galaxy cruise in a spaceship of some advanced race than see people
of Western and Eastern Ukraine united again.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   

You might have more chance to go on a galaxy cruise in a spaceship of some advanced race than see people

There next move is very important or you may be right. Either they gain control or a civil war starts. Will see how much support from the population the separatists had after this i gurantee. Key for Ukraine is they have to gather up as many of the separatist leaders as possible. Thats probably why they set up around the city tomakeit hard for them to sneak off.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   

There next move is very important or you may be right. Either they gain control or a civil war starts. Will see how much support from the population the separatists had after this i gurantee. Key for Ukraine is they have to gather up as many of the separatist leaders as possible. Thats probably why they set up around the city tomakeit hard for them to sneak off.

As they said in the text I posted, once you turned arms against people, resistance will only grow.
Weekend is coming up, you will see more protests and more towns taken over by resistance.
People now see that Junta have no intention to talk to people, they are all treated as terrorist.
Nothing good can come from this for Junta.
Add to this that economy is close to collapsing and you have a picture.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   

07:09 GMT:
Two Mi-24 helicopters have been downed in Slavyansk, while one Mi-8 helicopter was damaged and forced to land, the Ukrainian Defense Ministry says, as cited by RIA Novosti. The Ministry adds that two Ukrainian military personnel have been killed and several others injured.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   

The US wouldnt supply MANPADS to separatists you would have to be a fool to believe that. Therefore that only leaves one other option Russia. Most likely the sa 24 grinch since i have doubt the sa 16 would take out a hind. I see your confusion is the term of MANPADS thats a classification it doesnt Russians have them too you know. wow

Like the western block has never supported terrorists? Muslim brotherhood anyone. Or maybe AL-CIAduh in the 70-80s afghanistan, and today.
Really, your handlers need to get you sharper...

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: cosmonova

There just retweeting old stuff when they took the cell towers out. But they have to do that to prevent contact we wont hear more until they restore services.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Look at your avatar. Is that the future you want for Eastern Ukraine?

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Apparently this is the shot that took one of the helis down.

edit on 2-5-2014 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 487  488  489    491  492  493 >>

join