It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 489
<< 486  487  488    490  491  492 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
i can understnd why Generals wanted too be in the front,,

these conflicting reprts are ,, distracting,,

anyone wanna draw a picture?

crayon is fine.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Apparently they rescued one of the helicopter pilots though he may be the only one seems like Ukrainins say one helicopter went down while RT is reporting 3. Theres a picture of the pilot.
twitter.com...
edit on 5/2/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

originally posted by: victor7
a reply to: Wookiep

RT is half non-sense.............being fair here. If these reports are right then Spetsnaz is the one shooting these helicops. Logic says, Russians should cross the border anytime now. Their prep was for 45 min. at most to reach Donesk atleast.

Can't leave your spec-ops to rot under enemy fire.

Agreed, I don't trust RT as far as I can throw them, not when it comes to anything to do with this conflict at least. I'm just posting what I see pop up and sometimes that includes possible propaganda from the other side.

The idea that civilian protestors would be capable of shooting down multiple military helicopters is absurd.

If these helicopters were actually shot down as RT is reporting, it is the strongest circumstantial evidence so far that Russian military are embedded among those supposed 'self defense' units.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

well it seems that American Defensive weapons have arrived,,

too bad they don't move as quickly for the VETS.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ALoveSupreme

"civilian protestors would be capable of shooting down multiple military helicopters is absurd. "
dont be so naive.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: ALoveSupreme

originally posted by: Wookiep

originally posted by: victor7

RT is half non-sense.............being fair here. If these reports are right then Spetsnaz is the one shooting these helicops. Logic says, Russians should cross the border anytime now. Their prep was for 45 min. at most to reach Donesk atleast.

Can't leave your spec-ops to rot under enemy fire.

Agreed, I don't trust RT as far as I can throw them, not when it comes to anything to do with this conflict at least. I'm just posting what I see pop up and sometimes that includes possible propaganda from the other side.

The idea that civilian protestors would be capable of shooting down multiple military helicopters is absurd.

If these helicopters were actually shot down as RT is reporting, it is the strongest circumstantial evidence so far that Russian military are embedded among those supposed 'self defense' units.

Well if it was done by rocket like RT claimed yeah it would have to be russians you dont take down a hind with gnfire or RPGs it requires air defense missiles.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   

"yeah it would have to be russians "????????????? lol

after Congress just approves Defensive weapons,, ie missles,, man-pads, remember Bengazi,, ya missle launchers,,
thats why they were told too stand down,, they didn't want an american helicopter/plane blown out of the sky.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome

Please clarify your post because to me it reads like you are saying Americans shot down Ukrainian helos. I know this is a conspiracy site and all but.......that's absurd.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: BobAthome

"yeah it would have to be russians "????????????? lol

after Congress just approves Defensive weapons,, ie missles,, man-pads, remember Bengazi,, ya missle launchers,,
thats why they were told too stand down,, they didn't want an american helicopter/plane blown out of the sky.

Wow big stretch why would the US shoot down a Ukrainian helicopter? You will do anything to avoid the obvious answer wont you? Look Hinds were specifically made to take gunfire and yes rockets in fact the things are so fough theyve been known to fly in after multiple rocket hits close range with RPGs. It requires an air defense missile and i see no reason the US would supply them to Pro Russians. However giving them to there spc ops would make alot of sense so logic tells us there is russians there. Or the alternative is Russia has gone to selling these to anyone mail order pick one.

edit on 5/2/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   

weapons only,, just tech support,,
like the Green Berets u know that Asian war,, Vietnam.
or anyother clandestine type of operation.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   

"why would the US shoot down a Ukrainian helicopter? "
i did not say any such thing.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   

going long shot............spec ops are trained to hit soft points on targets for a kill............be it a tank or a chopper. An anti-material rifle can seriously cripple these with multiple shots.

a dozen spec ops, even decently armed can hold off a good size assault team for some time...IMHO.
edit on 2-5-2014 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Well you're entitled to believe that if you wish, but I've been watching this thing from the start and have seen nothing at all which supports that theory. I'm well aware of U.S corruption, but we can't draw un-founded conclusions about this conflict when there are many indications of covert Russian involvement ever since Crimea.

Sometimes paranoia has to take a back seat while reality takes over.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I think the Russians may be skipping town i keep seeing reports of locations being abandoned.

There are reports that militants might be trying to leave #Sloviansk and not wait for the next step of the CTO pic.twitter.com/NJtcWd5qMo
Reply Retweet Favorite More

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Tweets are slowing down people say they took out the cell phone towers from the area this would make sense to since one of the Reuters reporters was reporting than stopped last he said was he was going to drive to SBU building then nothing.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   

"Nato Official: Russia now adversay" ,,
well there is your answer.

and this

WASHINGTON - The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has approved a SDR 10.976 billion (about US$17.01 billion, 800 percent of quota) bailout for Ukraine under a two-year stand-by arrangement (SBA) to help the country's beleaguered economy.

The loan, approved under the Fund's exceptional access policy, comes amidst continuing military standoff and political tension between Ukraine and neighbouring Russia.
- See more at: www.brazilsun.com...

and this

"Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., agreed, asking rhetorically on the Senate floor: “Should the U.S. and our NATO partners, at the request of the Ukrainian people, supply them with defensive weapons to rebuild the military gutted by pro-Russian elements? To me the answer is yes"

so ya too much of a stretch??

dont think so.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Oh, don't get me wrong, the IMF "ultimatum" surely does intensify the situation. It's not a stretch to say it had something to do with this new offensive. I'm sure it's in the wests interest to even supply weapons to Ukrainians , this makes sense even without conspiracy theories.

On the other hand, knowing the agenda of western powers, as corrupt as they may be, why would any international body which does not support the Russian agenda in Ukraine want to supply monies to a region controlled by Russia? There is no doubt the west wants it's own control over the region but this doesn't make the Russian operations there any less corrupt.

Neither side deserves a pass, but it doesn't mean we have to cross the line from understanding this into the realm of being completely one-sided ending up on the verge of delusional paranoia.

Both sides are corrupt my friend, Russia is not excluded from it. The truth is the Ukrainian people have had nothing to do with any of this from the get go. They should be allowed to be independent from both factions, unfortunately neither side will let that happen.

edit on 2-5-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Heres a report from Ukraine's military Oh and notice they said the helicopters were brought down with MANPADS not people using rifles even though it was designed so that wouldnt happen. Any way if MANPADS are being used they have to be Russian sorry.

ЄvroMaydan - EuroMaydan
1 hr ·
According to operational data group "Information Resistance" Ukrainian security forces during the next active anti-terrorist operation took control of most of Sloviansk.
Currently deprotected roadblocks terrorists take control of the television station in the city.
Terrorists are trying to disperse. The main centers of resistance were recorded in the south-eastern part of the city.
During the operation, two shots of MANPADS by terrorists shot down the helicopter Mi-24 Ukrainian law enforcers (the second helicopter, working in pairs, left).

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Heres one of the hinds in operation

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   

www.stripes.com...

"Working with the U.S. Army, Slovenian troops train using the MANPADS (man-portable air defense systems) launcher in Grafenwoehr, Germany, Oct. 14, 2014."

U.S. Army

stop it,, your being silly.

quote "Any way if MANPADS are being used they have to be Russian sorry. " unquote

new topics

top topics

<< 486  487  488    490  491  492 >>

join