It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 488
<< 485  486  487    489  490  491 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
This is supposedly video of them preparing for this operation.

www.facebook.com...

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
11:25 PM US Central Time: Ukrainian forces have taken control of all check points in Sloviansk and a television center within the city. The Pro-Russian terrorists are attempting to flee.

During the operation, Pro-Russian terrorists downed an Ukrainian MI-24 helicopter.

Source

11:16 PM US Central Time: Sirens are now being reported at Kramatorsk, Ukraine. The Ukrainian military may be entering the city.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

you know I talked to a bunch of Russian ballet dancers in the hotel im staying at for work the other night, it was a trip they were beautiful women none the less. They said the Ukraine belonged to Russia from ages ago. I replied" in the U.S.S.R". They said no way back 1300s or so now there was a language gap. I realized something we all look up at the same moon and stars, we all just want a safe happy family. In that moment in the lobby of a comfort inn, in the mid west America. The Russian people and the American people didn't see each other as opposites just people sitting at a table enjoying there night. Man it was a great time.

Sorry if this is off topic just thought it should be shared in this thread. I asked them a lot, and have a point of view I was never familiar with
edit on 1-5-2014 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

you know I talked to a bunch of Russian ballet dancers in the hotel im staying at for work the other night, it was a trip they were beautiful women none the less. They said the Ukraine belonged to Russia from ages ago. I replied" in the U.S.S.R". They said no way back 1300s or so now there was a language gap. I realized something we all look up at the same moon and stars, we all just want a safe happy family. In that moment in the lobby of a comfort inn, in the mid west America. The Russian people and the American people didn't see each other as opposites just people sitting at a table enjoying there night. Man it was a great time.

Sorry if this is off topic just thought it should be shared in this thread. I asked them a lot, and have a point of view I was never familiar with

history goes back a long way but reality is Russians are from Ukraine area its there birth place.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Several agencies now citing report that two military helicopters were shot down in #Sloviansk . One pilot killed. One detained.

Keep an eye on #Slaviansk in the #Ukraine. This could be the flashpoint that draws #Russia in.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   

no, I'm just saying why do sides matter, when everyone looses?

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Kramatorsk is now under attack

twitter.com...

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Abnormal hysteria on #Russia state owned tv:"Fascists attack peacfull protesters in #Sloviansk killing countless innocents citizens"#Ukraine

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   

The Russian people and the American people didn't see each other as opposites just people sitting at a table enjoying there night. Man it was a great time.
a reply to: TechniXcality

Sorry Pal, wish it was true but in actuality Russian people are much more simple and co-existing type. However this approach got them in trouble that NATO expanded right to their throats despite verbal assurances given in the 90s.

The anglo-saxon arrogance and addiction for domination is beyond any normal post meal talks between peoples. Kremlin would not trust the 'persistent' Western agenda again.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Kramatorsk is explaining their losses by saying its foreign troops. Also something about german snipers killing someone leading the operation there??

pravdoryb.info...

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

Abnormal hysteria on #Russia state owned tv:"Fascists attack peacfull protesters in #Sloviansk killing countless innocents citizens"#Ukraine

Kremlin has said it will stay out if Ukraine does not use military on pro-Russian protestors. Common sense says that a good number of these protestors are Russian special forces. Hence Putin will not let these 'brave men' to be outnumbered against the full military assault.

Ruskies should be crossing the border anytime now.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: victor7

sorry pal id like to see a pro Obama drink for instance Obama absinth

how about Putinka vodka en.wikipedia.org...

That the Russian girls told me about in disgust. Saying that propaganda runs high on both sides???

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: victor7

The Russian people and the American people didn't see each other as opposites just people sitting at a table enjoying there night. Man it was a great time.
a reply to: TechniXcality

Sorry Pal, wish it was true but in actuality Russian people are much more simple and co-existing type. However this approach got them in trouble that NATO expanded right to their throats despite verbal assurances given in the 90s.

The anglo-saxon arrogance and addiction for domination is beyond any normal post meal talks between peoples. Kremlin would not trust the 'persistent' Western agenda again.

They were partners to NATO sorry your story doesnt match reality. When this started they had to throw the Russians out of the NATO offices. And in fact one of the reason the missile defense shield in poland was cancelled was Russia and Obama decided wasnt worth pushing the point. But believe what you will doesnt matter either way the actions Russia chose to take has made it far worse because now NATO will be at there front door it was a huge bonehead move.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Well if so then i would expect, the following,,shortly,,

"And there were voices, and thunders, and lightnings;
and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth,
so mighty an earthquake, and so great."

Maybe the Rabbi was correct,,, shortly

"And the great city was divided into three parts"

we shall see i guess.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
RT now saying a third helicopter has been shot down.

RT Link
edit on 2-5-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   

No Russia was bluffing by now air support could easily be on the scene taking out armor but there not are they? You dont let someone tear apart your ground forces then enter the region.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

No Russia was bluffing by now air support could easily be on the scene taking out armor but there not are they? You dont let someone tear apart your ground forces then enter the region.

Well it depends on how you look at it. I'm pretty confident that Russian forces are already there, just posing as protesters etc. Perhaps Moscow is confident that the special forces there will launch a successful counter-attack.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

RT is half non-sense.............being fair here. If these reports are right then Spetsnaz is the one shooting these helicops. Logic says, Russians should cross the border anytime now. Their prep was for 45 min. at most to reach Donesk atleast.

Can't leave your spec-ops to rot under enemy fire.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

You are correct. It is not a 'hot war' until their air superiority is exercised.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: victor7
a reply to: Wookiep

RT is half non-sense.............being fair here. If these reports are right then Spetsnaz is the one shooting these helicops. Logic says, Russians should cross the border anytime now. Their prep was for 45 min. at most to reach Donesk atleast.

Can't leave your spec-ops to rot under enemy fire.

Agreed, I don't trust RT as far as I can throw them, not when it comes to anything to do with this conflict at least. I'm just posting what I see pop up and sometimes that includes possible propaganda from the other side.

new topics

top topics

<< 485  486  487    489  490  491 >>

join