It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 487
<< 484  485  486    488  489  490 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

It's happening. On a larger scale than usual, tweet #ukraine, or #russia, either "side"

nutz.

edit on 1-5-2014 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: canucks555

Self-proclaimed #Slovyansk mayor & pro-RUS terrorist Ponomaryov claims one of the helicopter pilots died @euromaidan |EMPR #Ukraine #Russia

-Am I allowed to post news on this thread without giving my thoughts about it? I know the rules, don't want to break them.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
twitter.com...

ews This Second ‏@NewsThisSecond 39m
“@BBCBreaking: Reports of #Ukraine government military operation in Sloviansk, stronghold of pro-Russia militants”

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR 8m
RT @mikewhills
#Reuters reporting that one of its photographers has seen a helicopter open fire on the outskirts of #Sloviansk #Ukraine

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: canucks555

Self-proclaimed #Slovyansk mayor & pro-RUS terrorist Ponomaryov claims one of the helicopter pilots died @euromaidan |EMPR #Ukraine #Russia

-Am I allowed to post news on this thread without giving my thoughts about it? I know the rules, don't want to break them.

Yeah were just trying to kep up with it hard to do with tweets.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   

This attack seems to be diffrent multiple locations multiple targets and this time they have shut off all roads into the city much larger operation.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Huge explosions, Gunfire, in south east #ukraine #slavyansk #Russia

Again, just tweets, not confirmed.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   

grasswire ‏@grasswire 2m
Church bells ring throughout #Slavyansk as an alert #Ukraine
via @sashakots pic.twitter.com/RG19Mej200
grasswire.com...#/newsfeeds/d3ebe78f-918f-4a9f-9c98-cdd5cba9be26 …

Pierre Crom ‏@PierreCrom 4m
Self declared mayor Ponomarev: "go away journalist, I'm speaking to civilians, not to you" #slavyansk #ukraine

SLAVIANSK, Ukraine, May 2 (Reuters) - Pro-Russian separatists in Slaviansk in eastern Ukraine said on Friday Ukrainian forces had launched a "large-scale operation" to retake the town and one military helicopter had been shot down.

A Reuters photographer said he saw a military helicopter open fire on the outskirts of the town and a reporter heard gunfire.

In Kiev, an aide to Ukrainian Interior Minister Arsen Avakov said he could not comment.

"Until it's over, no one will say anything," he said.

Armed groups seeking union with Russia have seized a number of government buildings in towns in eastern Ukraine. (Reporting by Maria Tsvetkova; Writing by Elizabeth Piper; Editing by Timothy Heritage)
www.trust.org...

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Sioviansk live cam, smoke on right top corner

webcam.scs.com.ua...

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Hard to tell, the video is super bright and washed out. Great catch on the live cam link tho.

Edit - I think I see what you are talking about, or is that a treetop?

edit on 1-5-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

looks like life as usual eh? Kinda like there\s nothing happening. (except for a firefight in a rail station close by.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Oh and as a side note an attack on Benghazi kicked off as well there are reports on Reuters of large explosions if i was paranoid id say hell of a coincidence.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Yep, I was thinking the same thing. Looks like just another day, zippidy doo da, lol.

Edit - Ok NOW I see the smoke, it's clearly blowing to the left now.
edit on 1-5-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Self-defense Sloviansk: fighting moved into the city center, there are wounded t.co/pMTxkOkXC8 t.co/x9kXZPLqyc (PHOTO @ sashakots )

Оригинал статьи: russian.rt.com...=1399000776972052#ixzz30WoBqtc8

Self-defense Sloviansk announced the launch of Ukrainian troops storm the city

Self-Defense Forces of Donbass argue that military units of Ukraine early Friday stormed the Sloviansk. According to some sources, the militia managed to shoot down two Ukrainian helicopter. One of the pilots captured, the other dead. In self-defense claim Sloviansk first victims among the supporters of federalization. The city with dozens of different hand moving armored vehicles - say militias. Slovyansk completely blocked.

Оригинал статьи: russian.rt.com...

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
The self defense forces are panicking there tweeting so fast because they keep getting different reports of attacks.

So far heres what i got Ukraine has the city surrounded has taken out there roadblocks. There taking the train station little unclear as to why?? Theyy apparently has retaken the television station and sent troops to an army facility? Im guessing this is that weopons stache i mentioned earlier. And apparenlt armor is moving into the city though odd no pics. And fighting has started near the SBU building.
edit on 5/1/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Ukrainian military has launched a military operation in #Kramatorsk and #Sloviansk, according to multiple reports from credible sources.

Church bells ring throughout #Slavyansk as an alert #Ukraine via @sashakots pic.twitter.com/RG19Mej200

Sirens in #Kramatorsk #Ukraine. Ukrainian military may be entering the city now.

#BREAKING..#Slovyansk: Several militiamen were injured, one Ukrainian pilot killed Source #Ukraine #Украина pic.twitter.com/VzEWhWssbo

Saw stream that looked like helicopter shot down claimed in #Slavyansk. Didn't see an up trail from SAM. Maybe ground small arms. #Ukraine

#Ukraine RT @StateOfUkraine: Tymchuk: pro-Kremlin forces shot down 1 Ukrainian helicopter in Sloviansk with missile No other helicopter shot

edit on 1-5-2014 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Apparently its almost over if we're to believe this???

Ukraine Reporter ‏@StateOfUkraine 2m
Tymchuk: #Ukraine's forces have captured most of #Sloviansk. All separatist checkpoints have been cleared.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Looks like a possible new plume top center-left of the live webcam.

Link

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Ok looks like the reporters are going to start posting pics here was one of the checkpoints.

twitter.com...

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

It's all over the place as far as the details, you know how twitter is. One thing for certain is that things are in violent motion. We have to help each other deduce what is true and false.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
Apparently its almost over if we're to believe this???

Ukraine Reporter ‏@StateOfUkraine 2m
Tymchuk: #Ukraine's forces have captured most of #Sloviansk. All separatist checkpoints have been cleared.

I doubt that but who knows, I'm sure the separatists would say otherwise. However, based on the plumes I'm seeing on the webcam it would seem this day has been the most active by the Ukrainian troops so far..

new topics

top topics

<< 484  485  486    488  489  490 >>

join