It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 484
<< 481  482  483    485  486  487 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: khimbar

Well the one carrying what looks like a tv sure doesn't look like a soldier....look at his feet!
Also, I could go down my local Army Navy stores and buy camouflage clothing and boots, and stick any old badge on my sleeve too. Getting the auto riffle would be a tad more difficult here in the UK though

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I simply could not believe it this evening when I recognized the man giving his name as 'Vadim Ilovaisky' in this BBC article about the takeover in Konstantinovka:

www.bbc.com...

'I'm a Cossack," he told me, "my grandfather and great-grandfather were from Stavropol region (in southern Russia)."

"In civilian life, I'm a PR consultant. But as a Cossack commander I took part in the Crimea campaign. I'm a citizen of Ukraine."

Yes, he does work as a 'PR consultant', for the sister company of Alfa-Tsentr I have posted about called 'Czargrad Inc' which has many offices in hotels and resorts within the world!

But his surname is not 'Ilovaisky' insofar as I know. In Dubai he has gone by the name of 'Yuri Tretiak' since at least 2008, although this could surely be a pseudonym as well. I have met this man on numerous occasions. He worked for a close colleague of mine and remarked more than once that he had been a sergeant in the GRU before he took up work in the private sector.
edit on 1-5-2014 by ALoveSupreme because: typo as its hard to type on touchscreen with nails

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
RPG-26, made during the Soviet Union and it's 20 years old. Only used by Russian Forces.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dutzy

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR

#Luhansk: Note the RUS arm patch inforesist.org... … | EMPR Post #Ukraine #Russia #RussianInvasion

pic.twitter.com/COdgDbigap

This is actually part of a series of pics you can find here showing patches as they were boxing up records and taking them away. it appears the entire unit forgot to remove there patches

inforesist.org...
edit on 5/1/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorT
RPG-26, made during the Soviet Union and it's 20 years old. Only used by Russian Forces.

The Soviet Union collapsed in 1991, not 1993.

Not that it matters too much since a flood of such weapons from Russia have been steadily available on international market, particularly to 'politically reliable' countries as Ukraine has always been designated (until now).

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

WASHINGTON (AP) — After two decades of trying to build a partnership with Russia, the NATO alliance now feels compelled to start treating Moscow as an adversary, the second-ranking official of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization said Thursday.

"Clearly the Russians have declared NATO as an adversary, so we have to begin to view Russia no longer as a partner but as more of an adversary than a partner," said Alexander Vershbow, the deputy secretary-general of NATO.

More in the article: bigstory.ap.org...

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

WASHINGTON (AP) — After two decades of trying to build a partnership with Russia, the NATO alliance now feels compelled to start treating Moscow as an adversary, the second-ranking official of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization said Thursday.

"Clearly the Russians have declared NATO as an adversary, so we have to begin to view Russia no longer as a partner but as more of an adversary than a partner," said Alexander Vershbow, the deputy secretary-general of NATO.

More in the article: bigstory.ap.org...

And here comes the NATO bases in poland and ill bet Europe demands that missile defense shield Obama cancelled welcome to cold war 2.0 the new and improved version.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
bruce springnote ‏@BSpringnote 45m
East Ukraine spinning out of control, one big may day party.
No threat of punishment so people running wild. Anarchy

bruce springnote ‏@BSpringnote 39m
Turchinov signs decree calling up 18-25 yr olds for immediate military service.
Everything he does is reactive never proactive

bruce springnote ‏@BSpringnote 22m
Taras Shevchenko "when will we greet our own George Washington"
My fear is that no time soon. I just don't see that person out there

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I read a couple of days ago that the missile system part of the missile shield that is to be installed in Romania will be enhanced and improved to include Patriot missile systems.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Im beginning to like him the cynisism is great.

bruce springnote ‏@BSpringnote 46m
Long weekend in Ukraine so separatists can go crazy for 3 more days. Good news is that all government buildings have been taken by them

bruce springnote ‏@BSpringnote 1h
Russia MoFA demands Ukraine not conduct any anti terror operations. Don't worry they never started

Follow

bruce springnote
‏@BSpringnote
Now it makes sense. Separatists seize Horlivka prosecutor's building take computers and burn all criminal investigation documents

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The opinion of a RT correspondent in E Ukraine:

GrahamWPhillips @GrahamWP_UK
Plus, most Ukraine journos hang out in Kiev, Kiev media crowd very pro-Euromaidan. Western journos mostly just a bunch of spineless sheep. t

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

a reply to: dragonridr

I read a couple of days ago that the missile system part of the missile shield that is to be installed in Romania will be enhanced and improved to include Patriot missile systems.

Yeah there specifically doing that to irk Russia since Putin specifically said the missile system should not include anti aircraft capabilities. It was agreed they wouldnt but i guess thats out now. Expect to see alot Russia talked NATO out of go into implementation.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
It's always amusing to me when the State Department and US media outlets all report war, violence and invasions yet none of them show live video to substantiate these claims. We're getting a lot more wag the dog than truth these days; it's sad how many people are so easily fooled.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Well then i guess this would make sence then???

U.S. offers $5M bounty for arrest/conviction of Chinese weapons dealer Li Fangwei

or not?

"Li Fangwei, more commonly known by the name Karl Lee, is wanted for his alleged role as a principal supplier to Iran's ballistic missile program."

u know, competition, bad for business.

edit on 5/1/2014 by BobAthome because: there is a big bounty , for those so inclinded.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: NickDC202
It's always amusing to me when the State Department and US media outlets all report war, violence and invasions yet none of them show live video to substantiate these claims. We're getting a lot more wag the dog than truth these days; it's sad how many people are so easily fooled.

It is always amusing to me when people like you attribute such tactics only to Western countries when Russia at this moment is the absolute pinnacle of one plutocratic corruption, state controlled media and censorship.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ALoveSupreme

It is always amusing to me when people like you attribute such tactics only to Western countries when Russia at this moment is the absolute pinnacle of one plutocratic corruption, state controlled media and censorship.

Let me clarify: In the United States we have grown accustomed to live video to substantiate the claims being made by both government officials and journalists. As technology has enabled one to broadcast live images from anywhere in our solar system, there is no excuse for the complete lack of live video documenting these claims.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Let me clarify: In the United States we have grown accustomed to live video to substantiate the claims being made by both government officials and journalists. As technology has enabled one to broadcast live images from anywhere in our solar system, there is no excuse for the complete lack of live video documenting these claims.

To be honest I think there is already so much information available on the internet about what is going on in Ukraine, that they don't need to release anything yet. Even if they did specify what they know you would still get people saying the government are lying so it's a double-edged sword. This thread is full of evidence showing just how Russian Special Forces are orchestrating events in Ukraine. The information isn't just from Western sources (before the pro-Russian posters have a coronary) it has also been provided from people in Ukraine and at times, unwittingly by Russian media themselves.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

To be honest I think there is already so much information available on the internet about what is going on in Ukraine, that they don't need to release anything yet. Even if they did specify what they know you would still get people saying the government are lying so it's a double-edged sword. This thread is full of evidence showing just how Russian Special Forces are orchestrating events in Ukraine. The information isn't just from Western sources (before the pro-Russian posters have a coronary) it has also been provided from people in Ukraine and at times, unwittingly by Russian media themselves.

Yeah that Russian reporter almost had a heart attack when she relized the guy admitted he was a Russian soldier live on the radio lol. No theres no doubt Russian soldiers are in eastern Ukraine. But you know governments hae to play games. Like i will bet you there are US advisors rumor has it they took over a floor in the SBU office in Kiev.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Yeah that Russian reporter almost had a heart attack when she relized the guy admitted he was a Russian soldier live on the radio lol. No theres no doubt Russian soldiers are in eastern Ukraine. But you know governments hae to play games. Like i will bet you there are US advisors rumor has it they took over a floor in the SBU office in Kiev.
What most people don't know is that there are many countries helping Ukraine out whether it be financially or militarily. There is a lot of behind the scenes stuff that the average Joe like you and me don't see. There are probably spies/Special Forces from the UK and US in Ukraine right now trying to work out what the Russian Special Forces will do next and feeding every single piece of information back to their superiors. As well as the behind the scenes stuff, the diplomats and politicians will be working incredibly hard to find a way out of war. As much as people think politicians don't do anything they don't realise how much work they actually do.

new topics

top topics

<< 481  482  483    485  486  487 >>

join