It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 483
<< 480  481  482    484  485  486 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Here was the latest video from Simon telling you how he was kidnapped.

news.vice.com...

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
you know. this is why PMCs need to be used. because they are neutral and work for the highest bidder. The UN needs to hire them and just tell them cut loose and stop this nonsense now. have them go building to building shooting anyone with a gun and a ski mask.
edit on 14000000ppam by yuppa because: clarity

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I was wondering about that i figure if Kiev wanted a group of about 30 mercs could take care of the problem. But im guessing Kiev doesnt want them dead because if they did they're incredibly easy targets. You know there routines you know there headquarters it really wouldn't be hard for a well trained group.Especially now since everyone in that area is starting to hire personal security. The press have gone to having armed men with them for example.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

@EuromaidanPR: Assault of MoIA HQ by separatists in #Chervonoarmiysk is going on now - hromadske.tv | EMPR News #Ukraine
This particular Twitter account is inaccurate at times with information so take this with a pinch of salt until further sources start reporting an "assault".

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Well looks like someone sure wants this war to get started.

www.zerohedge.com...

IF UKRAINE GOVERNMENT LOSES EFFECTIVE CONTROL OVER EAST OF COUNTRY, $17 BLN IMF BAILOUT WOULD NEED TO BE REDESIGNED

So, is this the IMF way of saying 'Get stuck in to the Russians or no cake for you Ukraine'?

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: khimbar

I was just about to post this, pretty sick no?

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Cities currently occupied or with occupied buildings in E Ukraine:

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Kiev is half a Russian city. Do you think pro Russian demonstrators can take over Kiev by continuing this?

a reply to: ProfessorT

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: khimbar
Well looks like someone sure wants this war to get started.

www.zerohedge.com...

IF UKRAINE GOVERNMENT LOSES EFFECTIVE CONTROL OVER EAST OF COUNTRY, $17 BLN IMF BAILOUT WOULD NEED TO BE REDESIGNED

So, is this the IMF way of saying 'Get stuck in to the Russians or no cake for you Ukraine'?

No the IMF loans are based on income just like a home loan. There is a large part of their industrial sector in eastern Ukraine. Without this they will have to lower the loan because Ukraine wont have the ability to make the payments. Just banking bankers dont care about politics they want there money. Ukraine's exports would be severely cut without the industries in the east its where a large sector of their income in the defense market is for example. No weapons exports, no money, no money, no taxes,no loan.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dutzy
Cities currently occupied or with occupied buildings in E Ukraine:

Why are Russian cities pinned on the map did pro russians take over buildings in Russia too????

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
Kiev is half a Russian city. Do you think pro Russian demonstrators can take over Kiev by continuing this?

a reply to: ProfessorT

Definitely, but I do have a feeling Ukraine will start fighting back tomorrow. They have thousands of troops, hundreds of tanks and APC's in Eastern Ukraine so they will probably go all out to reclaim as much of their country as possible. Unfortunately if they do decide to launch a full on assault Russia will invade proper.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I forgot to explain.

Those 2 locations Lysogorka and Gukovo railyard, are positions of Russian army camps and where exercises are taking place...
Dolzhanski is a small border village/town with a border crossing point captured by pro-Russians.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

@DimaMiryan: military trainings will take place in #Kiev tonight, ministry of defense of #Ukraine informs locals..

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR

#Luhansk: Note the RUS arm patch inforesist.org... … | EMPR Post #Ukraine #Russia #RussianInvasion

pic.twitter.com/COdgDbigap

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Dutzy

And we have a hit. That is a Russian Soldier in Ukraine/ well I'm unsure but this is very serious if it is a Russian Soldier.

edit on 01America/Chicagov41am531300 by deviant300 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: deviant300
a reply to: Dutzy

And we have a hit. That is a Russian Soldier in Ukraine/ well I'm unsure but this is very serious if it is a Russian Soldier.

No. The most we can say with certainty is that it's a Russian soldier on a cobbled street.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
But there ARE mercenaries being used already, only by the Russians!

Most disturbingly the company involved Alfa-Tsentr is a subsidiary of one of the most monolithic corporate structures in the world.

AAR
www.aar.ru...

Alfa-Group (founder Fridman was original investor in 'Alfa-Tsentr', made up of former 'Spetgruppa A' members.)
www.alfagroup.org...

Renova
www.renova.ru...

Access
www.accessindustries.com...

edit on 1-5-2014 by ALoveSupreme because: typo as its hard to type on touchscreen with nails

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: khimbar

I admit it's almost nothing when used as evidence of actual Russian troops' presence in Ukraine. But from what I recall, it's the first time I see the symbol worn in mainland Ukraine.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Gorlovka/Horlivka prosecution office was also attacked today:
hromadske.tv...

This afternoon in Gorlivka captured city prosecutor's office, from which armed masked men brought computers and made ​​a bonfire in the courtyard of criminal cases and other prosecution documents.

During the capture of the prosecutor's office had no employees in connection with the holiday. Previously - Monday through Wednesday - prosecutors also did not work.

new topics

top topics

<< 480  481  482    484  485  486 >>

join