It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 466
<< 463  464  465    467  468  469 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Euromaidan PR @EuromaidanPR
#Donetsk @AutoMaidan: 35 cars. Pro-#Russian thugs broke 5 of them, 2 cars were shot at, have holes in them. @s_garmash |EMPR #Ukraine

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: MessageforAll

I bet its Ukrainian military action against seperatists. Nothing to do with Russians. Once the RT reporter gets there we will get a clearer picture.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: asen_y2k

I trust the news of RT about as far as this euromaidanPR bloke. The idea alone, military against separatists.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Nowadays I dont beleive anything without videos, sometimes even that is doubtful.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I hear ya, and even those video's are iffy, it feels like Syria, all those fabricated news articles. What do your neighbors tell you? I mean some people you ( or your wife ) know from Ukraine? Does the average Ukrainian even care whether or not Crimea went to Russia?

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: letscit
like what is wrong with using signs of the times(sott) for their news? most reliable, fair source on the net. bar none. don't do their mumbo jumbo, but their news comes before most and has been accurate on every account. for many years now. instead im being inundated with cnn, cnbc, msnbc and fox as credible. let me guess, in a year anything besides state approved media will be denied. even though a elementary school English student can see how their journalism is not really journalism at all. but instead a mouth piece for their bosses.

one thing about this whole Ukraine mess, it sure has woke a lot of people up to the lies and propaganda coming down the pike. if you couldn't see it before it is smacking everyone right in the face, hard and loud now. and people are taking notice.

anyway im done. back to just being a reader. couldnt not say something on this thread tho. at least i got to speak up.

and for those who want proof. it is out there. find it. i did.

Just remember all news is filtered by ones own beliefs and experience. People can read a news article and come out with very different interpretations. What you perceive as lies in reality may be something else entirely. Keep an open mind there is always a bigger picture no news source should be discounted. As far as propaganda well of course western media has propaganda but the difference becomes each one has different motivations. The trick is to try to find out what they are. You mentioned fox an MSNBC both these for example have different agendas. Its not to be pro west its objectives are to promote right vs left its one of the reasons people from other countries have a hard time understanding there media is controlled by the state not by parties. RT for example directly under control of the Kremlin you see what Putin is thinking by what RT says. In the US its a mixed bag we see what a party thinks about a topic but this doesnt necessarily reflect the actions of the state thank god.

Anyway i see you believe the world is lying and seem to have a general distrust of everything thats good to a point until you start to dismiss reality itself. Reporters for the most part will be accurate within there frame of reference just realize when you read it they may not agree with your world view. But all journalists will be true to theres that is where news comes into play.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat
a reply to: stumason

Still waiting on an example of annexation though!

Mate, if the difference is a few hundred thousand dead, then give me Russian annexation any day. I'm sure your "semantics" are of great comfort to the families of all the victims of American aggression.

That' what American regime change antics bring to the host nation.......almost everytime, Iraq, Libya, Syria, Egypt.

Something that does not work should not be further pursued. In 911, with 3K dead, the US as a whole nation turned on its head several times over and still is going through similar experiences.

US leaders show lack of empathy towards non western nations.

Lack of Empathy is another name of EVIL !

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Mostly no, life in the west is going on as usual people have gotten used to the conflict in the east as a part of everyday life. People have stopped giving a second thought to it. But their hatred of Putin remains strong as ever.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Neph89
Guys, I just wanted to share this pic from the entrance of Moscow

lol
Looks like someone painted with the Ukrainian colors

It's fake
gif

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Interesting, you would expect them to you know care. the whole united we stand thing. Thanks

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: victor7
That' what American regime change antics bring to the host nation.......almost everytime, Iraq, Libya, Syria, Egypt.
!

What has the US got to do with Egypt or Syria? In the case of the latter, the US tried to intervene in order to stop the bloodshed but were blocked. Iraq I'll give you, but there was a several year long insurgency and the vast majority of the casualties were caused by sectarian fighting and bombings, not US action. Libya, well, civilian casualties there were very low and mostly (if not entirely) caused by Loyalist forces.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: asen_y2k
Once the RT reporter gets there we will get a clearer picture.

Hehehehe, of course... Once the fair, unbiased and truthful reporting that RT is famous for takes place, all will become clear....

RT being run from the Kremlin - the bastion of Truth and Liberty!

God Save Putin!

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Perhaps nationalism isn't as strong in some countries. I can understand it in Europe where the maps change quite often every century and has done so for millennia.

Just a thought from a country only 1 or 2 centuries old.

The Ukraine has gone through some remarkable incarnations over their long historical past. Something to research for sure. Germany... the main force combatting the Russian involvement there, also has a long history going back to Roman Empire days.

It's a much more interesting development in the Ukraine when looked at through the lens of their complete history.

edit on 28/4/14 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: victor7

originally posted by: Flatcoat
a reply to: stumason

Still waiting on an example of annexation though!

Mate, if the difference is a few hundred thousand dead, then give me Russian annexation any day. I'm sure your "semantics" are of great comfort to the families of all the victims of American aggression.

Something that does not work should not be further pursued. In 911, with 3K dead, the US as a whole nation turned on its head several times over and still is going through similar experiences.

US leaders show lack of empathy towards non western nations.

Lack of Empathy is another name of EVIL !

Is this really the best defense you can come up with for Russian actions? Might i point out that Russians have more than there fair share of dead du to military actions even in Afghanistan. Then russia murdered chechen women and children on the streets. All in the name of land same with Georgia and now Ukraine Russians fight for land.The US fights for ideals though often wrong ideals because i do agree the US needs to stop trying to spread democracy. There are countries were the poepl cant handle the responsibilities of self determination. They need to have control even in Crimea you saw that Crimean didnt want to be responsible for themselves. They actually missed the structure the Soviet Union gave them. It like when a person spends a long time in jail they will get out than comit a crime just to return to jail they miss the structure.

But in truth i would much rather fight for an ideal than land a grab.A country that uses military to conquer others is far more dangerous to the world.My only hope is Russians themselves look at what Putins doing and take a stand. Its starting your beginning to see cracks like the cartoonist in the Moscow times there starting to see reality.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: masqua

True, well now that you mention it, I might do that.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Its been reported the airport in #Kramatorsk is being shot at by pro-#Russian terrorists with a grenade launcher @Dbnmjr |EMPR #Ukraine

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

#BreakingNews Unconfirmed reports say militants are trying to storm #Kramatorsk airport with all kind of weapons.

Reports of grenade launchers being used.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Why would they go to an airport? More hostages?

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Maybe the seperatists are on an offensive.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
This is...interesting -

Black Men’, the new defenders of Ukraine, announce mission to liberate Southeastern Ukraine from Russian terrorists

Today a video appeared on Youtube, in which ‘black men’ sent a message to the world and to Ukrainians from Southeastern Ukraine, as well as proclaimed their hunt for the ‘green men’ [Russian terrorists]:

“We, Ukrainians of the East, watching inaction of the authorities and absolute sabotage of local security forces, feel defenseless against separatists and occupiers. Realizing this, we take the mission of liberation of the Southeast from the occupiers in the person of saboteurs, so-called green men, traitors and separatists. Any violation of the territorial integrity of our country we perceive as an offense against the Ukrainians. Any assistance for occupiers we consider as nothing but a betrayal.

top topics

<< 463  464  465    467  468  469 >>

join