It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 465
<< 462  463  464    466  467  468 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason

Do point out the last time the US invaded a sovereign nation and annexed it's land - then we can compare the US actions against the Russians.

Were american troops present during the Iraqi elections? Or during the Afghanistan elections? And I seem to recall the USA appointing an American as Iraqi "governor" after invading.
edit on 28-4-2014 by Flatcoat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Increased separatist activity expected this weekend, for the May holidays:
24tv.ua...

According to the press secretary SBU Marina Ostapenko, pro fighters in eastern Ukraine will increase their activity during the May holidays.

She said this at a briefing in anti-terrorist center, said "island".

We know that during the May holidays separatist militants will step up its activities. We know their plans. In this regard, would like to ask the journalists and the media limit its presence in the region as there is a danger to be captured, and this would be very reluctant,
- Said Ostapenko

A spokesman also said that the SBU appropriate countermeasures.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat

Do point out the last time the US invaded a sovereign nation and annexed it's land - then we can compare the US actions against the Russians.

Were american troops present during the Iraqi elections? Or during the Afghanistan elections? And I seem to recall the USA appointing an American as Iraqi "governor" after invading.

Still waiting on an example of annexation though!

The two examples you cited - Iraqi "Governor" installed because of a lack of a Government. Elections were held shortly after and regardless of what source you look at, they were declared as free and fair as you could hope for. The same for Afghanistan.

That cannot be said for the Crimea, where the only "observers" were Russian nationals (albeit some from European countries to give an air of "international" to it) or sympathisers.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: MessageforAll
I think most here are clever enough to see that " deliberating " and " removing the tyrant regime " and annexing are just semantics.

Then you need to get a dictionary. It isn't semantics.

That's what happened in say... Afgan, Iraq, Iran... at no point did they insert a pro-american government ( read puppet government ).

No, it wasn't. And how, exactly, are the Governments of both countries "pro-American" or even puppets? Both have refused to sign agreements with the US - not very good puppets!

But I really don't want to see this thread derailed for another two pages because I brought this up. I understand you will want to respond, please do so, but I won't answer it ( for the thread sake ).

That's you prerogative, after all.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Still waiting on an example of annexation though!

Mate, if the difference is a few hundred thousand dead, then give me Russian annexation any day. I'm sure your "semantics" are of great comfort to the families of all the victims of American aggression.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Flatcoat

I'm sure your "semantics" are of great comfort to the families of all the victims of American aggression.

And those families who have dead from Russian aggression are just the happiest people on Earth.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Flatcoat

Let's just let this one play out first, before we go down that road...

After all, we've seen what cuddly, loveable teddy-bears the Russians are in such conflicts like Chechnya, Dagestan (pick breakaway republic), haven't we? Honestly, talk about rose-tinted glasses. All fine and dandy when Russia seizes territory, but no one utters a peep when people want to break away...

In case you were wandering, both Chechen wars saw 200k+ people dead (both sides - most Chechen civilians though)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
2 Ukrainian soldiers injured, one later died, in an IED explosion:
tyzhden.ua...

While on duty in the Donetsk region two Armed Forces of Ukraine were injured, one of them died. Reported by the Ministry of Defence.

"In the line of duty , during the daily inspection of the control engineering obstacles, two military personnel contracted Armed Forces of Ukraine injured. According to preliminary information , the cause of getting injuries became an explosion of unknown improvised explosive device ," - said in a statement .

After first aid at the scene, affected soldiers at a military helicopter Mi -8 is immediately sent to the Military Medical Clinical Centre of the Northern region of Kharkov.

" During transport soldiers K. from his injuries died. G. Junior sergeant is in the intensive care unit . His health military medics assessed as moderate, no threat to life ," - said in a statement .

Causes and circumstances establish police. Appointed an internal investigation. Leadership of the Ministry of Defence and the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine expresses its condolences to the family and friends of the deceased soldier.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Guys, I just wanted to share this pic from the entrance of Moscow

lol
Looks like someone painted with the Ukrainian colors

edit on 28-4-2014 by Neph89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Violent clashes in Donetsk between pro-Ukrainian and separatist/pro-Russia rally:

pic.twitter.com/5qY8AOdoCV
pic.twitter.com/v37zV0agu8
pic.twitter.com/WsMzQGwJir
edit on Monu3011714 by Dutzy because: (no reason given)

This appears to be a live stream:
www.ustream.tv...
edit on Mon0000003011714 by Dutzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dutzy
Deputy of Slavyansk's "people's mayor", Ponomarev, detained while returning from Russia with 19k USD and communication encryption hardware:
tsn.ua...

Security Service of Ukraine deputy arrested a self-proclaimed "Mayor Slavic" Igor Perepechayenka. This was disclosed at a press briefing spokesman Center Sat Ukraine Maryna Ostapenko. According to her, Perepechayenko "involved in the organization of separatist activities and massive collisions in the Donetsk region, accompanied by violence, resistance to authorities." "We know that Perepechayenko established contact with members of the reconnaissance and sabotage groups GRU of the General Staff of the Armed Forces, led by" Shooter "and contributed to these persons in their organization of terrorist acts in the Donetsk region. These actions of the secret services of Russia led to the death of a Security Service while performing official obligations ", - said Ostapenko. She added that on April 22 on orders "Arrow" Action charter flight flew to Moscow, where he spoke to reporters, "First Channel" and "received instructions and guidance of the curator of the foreign party to take measures to strengthen the escalating situation in the eastern regions of Ukraine ". "The curator gave for" Arrow "19 thousand dollars and hardware to encrypt telephone conversations." Thus, while returning from Moscow as a result of the special operation of the SBU Perepechayenko was detained at the airport "Donetsk". Earlier in the SBU reported that captive by terrorists around 40 people.

Wow the SBU now have direct proof of Russian involvement in slovansk this is big actually. funny thing is the Russians do stupid stuff like actually bothering using an encryption device.They really do in a lot of ways remain stuck in the old USSR. You can have an encryption device as an app on a smart phone.They forget to pull licence plates on trucks they send in people with AK 100s and class 4 body armor and try to pass them off as local.Whoever is running covert ops in Russia needs to be fired.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
how is this post still going or at the least have no HOAX title slapped on it. when did Russia declare war? it is a lie! their parliament gave putin the go ahead if Russians are in danger, to be able to go in and take care of their people. how is that a declaration of war? when was the last time an American president asked congress for permission?

the same people it seems are the ones keeping this crap lurching along. and out of everything they are wrong on at least 80%.

lets try a little common sense here. if a country is being surrounded, it is not the aggressor. if a country is surrounding another country, it is the aggressor. who has been playing in the Ukraine playground yet it is nowhere near their backyard.

and before you go the shill route. I live in central ohio and talk to many citizens here. the heartland. I can tell you one thing for sure. not one person here believes Russia has started this. this is from americans in the heartland. and if nukes start flying, I know many who are gonna be going for the liars as traitors. hope it doesn't get to that, even tho the government seems dead set on it. guess Russia threw a wrench into the whole 7 countries in 7 years. just make sure before you spew a lot of lies, that your bunker seat is ready.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: letscit

how is this post still going or at the least have no HOAX title slapped on it. when did Russia declare war? it is a lie!

I apologize for the brief off-topic but:

There are 465 pages of good, amazing, bad and awful discussions in this thread. All of them educative in one way or another. If a mod hasn't stepped in and considered this thread a Hoax, or false, or going against the nature of ATS, I'm pretty sure any mod from the team at ATS would have acted by now, 465 pages later.

Apart from the discussions that help figuring out this whole mess, there are members here who have been nothing but kind and helpful by providing updates and information of what's going on in the field and around it.

The title is, as you said, incorrect. Russia did not declare war on Ukraine. But like the explanation that has been repeated in this thread, that is only because the title of the article actually stated so, and as far as I'm aware, not even mods can change the title of thread, even if the content is valid.

Nobody is accusing you of a being a shill, but I could say that your mistake is to not have read the whole thread and passing judgement upon those who participate in it.

If this actually turns out to be a war, you have 465 pages of records that show how this thing evolve through time, with information from both the Russian side, Ukrainian and Western.. How is that a bad thing?

Just my two cents.
edit on 28-4-2014 by GarrusVasNormandy because: typo

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Dutzy

That youtube video is pretty intense. I don't get these Pro-Russian separatists, why attack those who carry the flag of the nation they live in? It's one thing to speak Russian and love Russia etc, it's another thing to just blatantly wish for your country to be annexed by them. Total insanity IMO.

From the live feed it looks like things have calmed...

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
wrong. we have 40 years of broken treaties by the U.S. to look back on. I know many here think this has all just started but in reality this has been brewing for much longer. every U.S. administration has went back on the previous administrations word. that is what we will have to look back on. and I have seen threads removed for far less.i can start fabricated threads as long as they tow the line but a reputable internet source will be brought down on this site everytime.
a reply to: GarrusVasNormandy

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Word now reaching me that military action has begun in #Kramatorsk. Heading right there now. #Ukraine #Russia

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
like what is wrong with using signs of the times(sott) for their news? most reliable, fair source on the net. bar none. don't do their mumbo jumbo, but their news comes before most and has been accurate on every account. for many years now. instead im being inundated with cnn, cnbc, msnbc and fox as credible. let me guess, in a year anything besides state approved media will be denied. even though a elementary school English student can see how their journalism is not really journalism at all. but instead a mouth piece for their bosses.

one thing about this whole Ukraine mess, it sure has woke a lot of people up to the lies and propaganda coming down the pike. if you couldn't see it before it is smacking everyone right in the face, hard and loud now. and people are taking notice.

anyway im done. back to just being a reader. couldnt not say something on this thread tho. at least i got to speak up.

and for those who want proof. it is out there. find it. i did.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: asen_y2k

Again? well it's the first tweet I read today claiming Russian military invasion, the Ukraine who cried wolf.

Those clashes look nasty, I wonder how many more day it will take before car-bombs go off etc. Shame really;

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: MessageforAll

I posted some info earlier on 2 Ukrainian soldiers injured in a IED explosion, one of them later died...

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Dutzy

Yeah, I read that update, I wonder what the dead count is so far. Do people even work still?

new topics

top topics

<< 462  463  464    466  467  468 >>

join