It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 450
<< 447  448  449    451  452  453 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: asen_y2k

topworldissues.wordpress.com...

This top world issue might just be coming to an end sooner than we think. Russia has put an offer on the table for the resolution of the Ukraine crisis. Sergei Lavrov Russia’s foreign minister suggests that if the nationalists in the country leave the protest camp in Kiev, then the pro-Russian’s will lay down their arms no questions asked

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

Hello again Asen. Are you planning on staying where you and your wife live? It appears things are escalating, and I worry about you and your family. You are part of the ATS family I can't separate you as family from my mind. It's great you keep us posted with feet on the ground reports....but, use those feet to run, if you need to.

Des

Actually things here in the west of Ukraine are very normal at the moment. There is no feeling of any conflict here. If it stays this way its fine but if the problem starts moving west then must pack up, but for the time being, things are normal here. Dont worry mate))

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4

This top world issue might just be coming to an end sooner than we think. Russia has put an offer on the table for the resolution of the Ukraine crisis. Sergei Lavrov Russia’s foreign minister suggests that if the nationalists in the country leave the protest camp in Kiev, then the pro-Russian’s will lay down their arms no questions asked

Really odd offer from Russia when they claim they arent the ones causing the unrest dont you think?

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Really odd offer from Russia when they claim they arent the ones causing the unrest dont you think?

I do.. in fact I think the pressure is getting to them.
Maybe an about face, while trying to save face is on the cards.
edit on Sat, 26 Apr 2014 13:45:28 -0500451America/ChicagoSaturday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I dont really think so. Russia has already painted their tanks with peacekeeper signs. After all this, I really dont think they will back down.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
RIA Novosti publishes satellite photos showing military buildup at Slavyansk

A source in the Russian Defense Ministry said, commenting on these photos, that they clearly illustrate that the force military grouping is being formed in the Slavyansk suburbs in order to wipe out the city and its residents, RIA reports.

According to the data, the grouping is comprised of more than 15,000 Ukrainian military servicemen and the home reserve, there are around 160 tanks, 230 infantry combat vehicles and armored personnel carriers, as well as no less than 150 rifles, mine throwers and RMs (multiple-launch rocket systems of Grad and Smerch types).

Remember what UN Ban Ki-moon said about using military force:

“It would be a grave mistake, in the Secretary-General’s view, for any party to turn to military means in an attempt to resolve political issues that can and must be addressed by peaceful means,” UN spokesperson Stéphane Dujarric told reporters in New York.

Ukraine: Ban urges diplomatic solution to crisis; International Criminal Court opens probe

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I suspect certain members in NATO want Russia to turn off the gas in retaliation, so it will galvanize NATO members to support action
logic

edit on 26-4-2014 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: all2human
The west wants Russia to turn off the gas in retaliation, so it will galvanize NATO support for action

How do you know this, do you have ears inside NATO ?

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I expect Russia will counter by switching off the Gas!
Do you think they will do that in retaliation?

Not a chance))) Russian will never put people of EU and Ukraine in jeopardy because of few cheap provocations, really.

US of A would do same noble deed if it was in place of Russia, I am confident.

Junta is acting is like to poo in your neighbour's back yard in retaliation to million dollar lawsuit. ))) LOL

edit on 26-4-2014 by darkorange because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Lets hope both parties agree to this.

Best news of the day, still some hope that this can end peacefully!

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: SurrenderingAmerica

Lets hope both parties agree to this.

Best news of the day, still some hope that this can end peacefully!
Nope right sector will never vacate nor disarm. In fact its the right sector doing the attacking in east Ukraine in Slavyansk in the form of the national guards.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkorange

I expect Russia will counter by switching off the Gas!
Do you think they will do that in retaliation?

Not a chance))) Russian will never put people of EU and Ukraine in jeopardy because of few cheap provocations, really.

US of A would do same noble deed if it was in place of Russia, I am confident.

Junta is acting is like to poo in your neighbour's back yard in retaliation to million dollar lawsuit. ))) LOL

What are you smoking Russia has threatened multiple times to cut it off and done so in the past so so much for that theory.I suggest you look at 2009 Russia shut off the gas to Ukraine in the middle of winter so they werent concerned with the deaths it would cause.

Ukraine has already made deals to prevent interruption in gas supplies however so the threats are now useless.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Oddly the more influence Russia tries to place on Ukraine the less influence they seem to have they are galvanizing Ukraine against them all there doing is creating an enemy on there front door.
edit on 4/26/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
likeleyhood of Russian chopper crossing border unspotted and undectected to unleash attacks = 0
invasion imminent imo
water cut off to 1.5 million Russian's

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

likeleyhood of Russian chopper crossing border unspotted and undectected to unleash attacks = 0
invasion imminent imo
What? I dont understand. Chances of Russian heli crossing over is zero and you say invasion imminent?
edit on 26/4/14 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
to dragondr

"...What are you smoking Russia has threatened multiple times to cut it off and done so in the past so so much for that theory.."

You know, my landlord also giving threats with courts if I don't pay my rent in time. He never actually did any of what he promised, and I have caught up with payments as was promised. We are great pals now.

To promise and to do are two different things. Regular big business tactics, so what?
edit on 26-4-2014 by darkorange because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: asen_y2k

I dont really think so. Russia has already painted their tanks with peacekeeper signs. After all this, I really dont think they will back down.

I agree, to back down in any way that can appear to be caving to western pressure, for Putin and the Russians would be extremely humiliating.

To create the terms of a diplomatic deal to end the crisis in a way that makes Ukraine appear to be conceding to Russia and their proxies in Ukraine may actually be acceptable to Putin and Russia.

The Russians can't walk away from this humiliated. They simply will not let that happen, no matter what the ultimate outcome or costs are here.
edit on 26-4-2014 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to:asen_y2k
I am implying the attack upon the outpost was conducted by the Ukr military,adding fuel to Russia's argument that their citizen's are in danger,add water shut off to 1.5 million Russian's in crimea and invasion is all but a given imo.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

a reply to: [post=17848761]asen_y2k[/
I am implying the attack upon the outpost was conducted by the Ukr military,adding fuel to Russia's argument that their citizen's are in danger,add water shut off to 1.5 million Russian's in crimea and it's all but a given imo.

Yea, all that Ukraine is doing now is specially provoking the Russians and openly daring them. They recently stopped conceding. Maybe the Ukrainian thinks that Russia is bluffing and does not intend to invade.
edit on 26/4/14 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkorange
to dragondr

"...What are you smoking Russia has threatened multiple times to cut it off and done so in the past so so much for that theory.."

You know, my landlord also giving threats with courts if I don't pay my rent in time. He never actually did any of what he promised, and I have caught up with payments as was promised. We are great pals now.

To promise and to do are two different things. Regular big business tactics, so what?

Your missing the point they have indeed shut it off before they weren't concerned with people freezing to death it was about money. As for your personnel finances that's hardly relevant to the situation.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
to dragondr,

Try to skip gas payment in your household. You miss two payments and you are but off. At least in Toronto that's the case with local Hydro Electric distribution monopoly here. (what a telling name for it)))

Said that, the reason they will cut it off, despite you having three little kids, because this day and age there is NO reasons you cannot afford gas bill. If you still cannot then there is something wrong with you, something you are not telling the authorities responsible for your well being. Something like a drug habit.

Cutting off someone who genuinely cannot afford the bill would be barbaric, no less.

cheers)

top topics

<< 447  448  449    451  452  453 >>

join