It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 449
<< 446  447  448    450  451  452 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Ukrainian ministry of Defense proudly tweets the picture of the dried up water canal.

Defence Ministry UA ‏@DefenceUA 19m
#Ukraine blocked incoming water on annexed #Crimean peninsula
www.facebook.com...
|DefenceUA #UnitedForUkraine pic.twitter.com/aKe6vo4p7g

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: asen_y2k

counter argument -

Why should Ukraine continue to supply resources to an enemy occupied region? Russia invaded / annexed. Russia should be responsible for those areas now.

The problem with acts like these they don't have any impact on an enemy, they almost always harm the people caught up in the middle of these conflicts.

It can also backfire if people suffer from it.
edit on 26-4-2014 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I expect Russia will counter by switching off the Gas!
Do you think they will do that in retaliation?

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
So what they are cutting of Crimea of drinking water? Talk about barbaric.
Or is it the water coming from Crimea?

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

It could very possibly do that. And because Ukraine made a reverse gas deal from EU and US backing a gas supply to the Ukraine, makes them bold enough to do this. Just hope that Russia does not invade to turn on the pipes.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

First, the water, next, the food.

Actually this effects the food this channel was used for irrigation of there crops. Without water cant grow anything in Crimea which is there major export. This is a way of costing Crimea millions of dollars call it financial revenge.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: MessageforAll

It's water going into Crimea, which means they will have no supply of fresh drinkable water.

It is in fact barbaric, considering this type of thing was only seen in the Medieval Ages, when an army would put rocks on small rivers and springs to stop the water flow into the citadels and/or forts.

This is the oldest form of siege, to be honest.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: HeavenlyAngel
Oh,very soon IL 601,

But even if that will happen, still the war will not be activated.
Oh,this was just an appetizer

The images, taken by the RAF, have been released by the Ministry of Defence. The MoD confirmed that Typhoon jets were dispatched from Scottish base RAF Leuchars after the Russian presence was detected on Wednesday. The two Russian planes were identified as Russian Bear aircraft. A spokesman said: "Typhoon quick-reaction alert aircraft were launched from RAF Leuchars to determine the identity of unknown aircraft that approached the Nato air policing area north of Scotland and could not be identified by other means." Pilot Flight Lieutenant Gary Montgomery, of 6 Squadron, said: "We scrambled on April 23 to intercept two unknown aircraft approaching the Nato air policing area from the north. We intercepted and flew within visual range and identified them as Russian Tu-95 Bear H aircraft. "We monitored their progress, including handing them over to Danish F-16 QRA aircraft as the Bears flew towards Denmark, then continued to monitor them as they returned and then departed towards Norwegian airspace. Intercepting Russian Bear aircraft is a routine occurrence for us, it's what we do to maintain UK sovereign airspace."

www.heraldscotland.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: GarrusVasNormandy
a reply to: MessageforAll

It's water going into Crimea, which means they will have no supply of fresh drinkable water.

It is in fact barbaric, considering this type of thing was only seen in the Medieval Ages, when an army would put rocks on small rivers and springs to stop the water flow into the citadels and/or forts.

This is the oldest form of siege, to be honest.

This water isnt for drinking its for irrigation. Drinking water is still being supplied i told you this is financial terrorism. Crimea could lose crops on 120,000 hectares of land which requires irrigation, while the financial losses would reach $13.6 million that is quite a substantial sum for the region

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

So let me get this straight, the new "elected" "democratic" government of Kiev is basically waging a war against the people Crimea? Honestly that's messed up. So the farmers get the axe?

These are in fact fascist tactics that have no place in a so called democratic republic. And I'm still confused about it being Irrigation canal. The way Ukraine is divided its EAST- Ukraine that has more industrial and the West-Ukraine is almost only farmers. ( I might be mistaken on that part )

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I don't thinks so. Unless US govt goes full retard & delivers economic M.A.D. sanctions on everyone.

What we're seeing is the US trying to plant the seed & 'egging' on Russia to turn off the gas. I'm sure the next round of sanctions will target Gazprom.

Russia has already stated that they wouldn't turn off gas as a form of weapon. Because they would be hurting themselves & the people of Ukraine/EU, it serves NO PURPOSE.

Its sickening to see the US govt USE Ukraine/EU like this, when they themselves won't be affected by their provocations.

Plus, Russia has announced they had contingency plans for this water shutoff.
edit on 26-4-2014 by SurrenderingAmerica because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-4-2014 by SurrenderingAmerica because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: MessageforAll

So let me get this straight, the new "elected" "democratic" government of Kiev is basically waging a war against the people Crimea? Honestly that's messed up. So the farmers get the axe?

These are in fact fascist tactics that have no place in a so called democratic republic. And I'm still confused about it being Irrigation canal. The way Ukraine is divided its EAST- Ukraine that has more industrial and the West-Ukraine is almost only farmers. ( I might be mistaken on that part )

Well its now part of Russia Ukraine has no responsibility to supply anything to them. Russia needs to supply water and electric. Or contract with Ukraine to do so one of the two so yeah if im Ukraine im shutting off both. This is just the first step since its irrigation water but next will be power and drinking water. I cant blame Ukraine whys continue to supply these without payment to another country.
edit on 4/26/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

From a military strategic point I understand this move. However, Russia has been threatening to shut of the GAS for a while, at least Russia is still trying to settle ( demanding rather ) the payment so the gas flow can continue. Russia could cripple Ukraine in a heartbeat, but hasn't done so ( so far ).

But shutting down the canal out of the blue without a warning is a low blow.
I was glad to hear they will be getting water supplies from Russia, I would say the same if the situation was reversed and Ukraine was the country needing the water.

For whatever reason, playing with water is barbaric. These methods are barbaric. This interim government just showed how far they are willing to go. And even though their war is with Russia, they have no respect for their former citizens.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
This stopping of water can be a very good excuse for Russia cross the borders and confiscate the resources. This is direct assault on common people.

While arranging for water and electricity is Russia's responsibility in the long run, but cutting these off so suddenly is out right inhumane and very strong grounds for hard action. Kiev is asking for it with a loud mouth.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: asen_y2k

It could very possibly do that. And because Ukraine made a reverse gas deal from EU and US backing a gas supply to the Ukraine, makes them bold enough to do this. Just hope that Russia does not invade to turn on the pipes.

No one can be sure wether they will invade or not.. but my thinking
is Russia is more about destabilising than outright invasion right now.
edit on Sat, 26 Apr 2014 13:12:25 -0500121America/ChicagoSaturday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: victor7

Well i dont know about suddenly its been a month since Russia confiscated the area. Is there a time there supposed to wait Russia took the area but expects Ukraine to continue to support it ? Im sorry doesnt make much sense to me even Ukraine was smart enough to find an alternative to Russian gas. they didnt wait for Russia to decide to cut off the gas. Why hasnt Russia started taking control over there new area and its needs? I was reading an article the people in Crimea are having problems there government has stopped working people have to stand in huge lines only to be told were working on it. Crimea is going to regret this decision because Russia doesnt have the economic prowess to be able to take 50 billion needed to even take tat small area much less more of Ukraine. This is a classic case of Russia biting off more than they can chew.

Odly this was caused by how they did it if they just invaded they wouldnt have to invest as much they could just let the economy handle its needs but annexation requires full support.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

RT @RT_com HAPPENING NOW: Gunfight near #Soledar, eastern #Ukraine; via @ria_novosti on.rt.com/4ryyzs 10 mins ago 56 retweets | 6 replies

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4

originally posted by: asen_y2k

No one can be sure wether they will invade or not.. but my thinking
is Russia is more about destalising than outright invasion right now.

Weakness in the west, particularly from the USA has been and is the greatest destabilizing factor in all of this.

The Russians will invade, once they have a clear pretext for an invasion. Their covert efforts to destabilize Ukraine from within will help them establish that pretext eventually, if their covert operations are successful.

IMO

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

MFS - The Other News @MFS001 BREAKING: Unknown gunmen land from helicopters, attack checkpoint near #Soledar, Donetsk region. @littlebytesnews mfs-theothernews.com/2014/04/ukrain…

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Hello again Asen. Are you planning on staying where you and your wife live? It appears things are escalating, and I worry about you and your family. You are part of the ATS family I can't separate you as family from my mind. It's great you keep us posted with feet on the ground reports....but, use those feet to run, if you need to.

Des

new topics

top topics

<< 446  447  448    450  451  452 >>

join