It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 438
<< 435  436  437    439  440  441 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   

WARSAW, Poland — Canadian Foreign Minister John Baird said Thursday that the international community should not accept Russia's "aggression" in Ukraine and committed to help the country develop its democracy.

Baird noted the conflict between Moscow and Kiev was worsening as Ukraine's forces moved to drive pro-Russian insurgents out of government buildings they have occupied. He blamed Russia's President Vladimir Putin with breaking the Geneva accord that called for the insurgents to leave and for international monitors to assess the situation.

"We cannot have one man in the Kremlin redraw the map of Europe," Baird said during a visit to Poland, where he held talks with Poland's Foreign Minister Radek Sikorski.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Thanks for the heads up

Link works now.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: cosmonova

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: cosmonova
About the same as your post on the topic -

But heres a challenge for you please show me the elected officials in Kiev that are NAZIs all you can do is show a group walking the streets and you somehow want us tobelieve they run anything other than that street. I can show you multiple videos of NAZIs walking around Russia beating people up and terrorizing people does that mean by your logic we should assume therein control of the Kremlin. Or does it make more sense to say they are a small vocal group thats prone to violence. Id like to think the Kremlin isnt NAZIs so im going to go with small vocal groups.

And I advice you to read a last few pages of this thread and you will find answer to your challenge.
Start from the list of those in power somebody posted with who is who in Kiev Junta.
Do not miss my post with member of parliament from Svoboda party giving a speech to 'fallen heros' who belonged to
SS Galician division.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: SurrenderingAmerica

Thanks for the heads up

Link works now.

No problem and thanks for fixing it..

Interesting read.. My thing is phase 3 of sanctions have been agreed upon by the US / EU. The issue is what will trigger them. France made the same statements at the last UN meeting dealing with Ukraine.

KyivPost ‏@KyivPost · 22s
Russian-backed interference poses biggest challenge to presidential election www.kyivpost.com... … #Ukraine pic.twitter.com/jUdH99dTHB

edit on 24-4-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

But heres a challenge for you please show me the elected officials in Kiev that are NAZIs all you can do is show a group walking the streets and you somehow want us tobelieve they run anything other than that street. I can show you multiple videos of NAZIs walking around Russia beating people up and terrorizing people does that mean by your logic we should assume therein control of the Kremlin. Or does it make more sense to say they are a small vocal group thats prone to violence. Id like to think the Kremlin isnt NAZIs so im going to go with small vocal groups.

And I advice you to read a last few pages of this thread and you will find answer to your challenge.
Start from the list of those in power somebody posted with who is who in Kiev Junta.
Do not miss my post with member of parliament from Svoboda party giving a speech to 'fallen heros' who belonged to
SS Galician division.

Maybe there's a language barrier so ill make it simple how many seats does svoboda have in the RADA it must be a majority since there in charge. So who in the RADA is nazis do you have a list? Because oddly i cant find even one seat do you have a different list?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   

The WorldPost ‏@TheWorldPost · 4m
See photos from today's chaos in eastern Ukraine huff.to...

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Thanks for the heads up

Link works now.

Interesting read.. My thing is phase 3 of sanctions have been agreed upon by the US / EU. The issue is what will trigger them. France made the same statements at the last UN meeting dealing with Ukraine.

Russian-backed interference poses biggest challenge to presidential election www.kyivpost.com... … #Ukraine pic.twitter.com/jUdH99dTHB

Im not so sure the 3rd round of sanctions is actually complete yet they appear to be continually adding to it. Remember theres 28 different countries and each will have there own version of sanctions because each deal with different sectors in Russia i want to read the fianl draft when there done to see what they decided to target.

Brussels. The European External Action Service (EEAS) prepares the third round of sanctions against Russia, Maja Kocijancic, Spokesperson of European Commission Vice-President and High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy Catherine Ashton, said at a press conference. The sanctions will be serious and concrete economic ones and will be subject to approval by EU28, BNR and Darik radio reported. Ms Kocijancic explained that the European Commission (EC) had taken on the commitment to draw up a plan for imposing penalties on Russia and had not stopped working on it. Meanwhile, EC President Jose Manuel Barroso said the EU member states were not ready to launch a procedure of Ukraine’s accession to the EU. He described the current crisis in Ukraine as “the most serious challenge to Europe’s security since the fall of the Iron Curtain”.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   

SS Galician division.

Maybe there's a language barrier so ill make it simple how many seats does svoboda have in the RADA it must be a majority since there in charge. So who in the RADA is nazis do you have a list? Because oddly i cant find even one seat do you have a different list?

oh I see, you don't want to go back a page or two.
Here is a good read for you. I know it is Global Research but it does not change the fact about Junta.

www.globalresearch.ca...

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Lithuania MFA ‏@LithuaniaMFA · 7m
Message from @JohnKerry : If #Russia continues in this direction, it will be a grave and expensive mistake goo.gl... #Ukraine

KyivPost ‏@KyivPost · 5m
Ukraine anti-terror operation. Russian retaliation threat. A month till elections. Escalation. www.kyivpost.com... … pic.twitter.com/5uzrbEd92m

MaidanOnline ‏@MaidanOnline · 4m
Simon Ostrovsky: CBC scoops the first video interview with him... fb.me...

KyivPost ‏@KyivPost · 11s
Caution: Elections www.kyivpost.com...

edit on 24-4-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Thanks for the heads up

Link works now.

I wouldn't go that far and say it's been completely agreed upon within EU govts. The EU/Russian economies are so heavily integrated that 'Phase 3' sanctions will cripple an already shaky EU economy. And then those EU govts will have their very own uprisings. . .

The blowback from 'Phase 3' sanctions will also hurt US Industrial interests such as Boeing - which is pushing for a $18 BILLION deal w/ Russia on titanium.

Sanctions may benefit Russian economy, MasterCard, Visa made mistake - Putin

"The world is globalizing and the economy and politics are closely interdependent but excessive dependence leads to the loss of sovereignty," Putin said with regret and cited the country’s gold and currency reserves as an example. "Some countries with large gold and currency reserves diversify them one way or another," he added.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   

SS Galician division.

oh I see, you don't want to go back a page or two.
Here is a good read for you. I know it is Global Research but it does not change the fact about Junta.

www.globalresearch.ca...

Do you even take the time to look at what you post. Heres an example Oleh Tyahnybok he was part of Victor Yushchenko’s Our Ukraine bloc. Hes very pro Russian in fact tried to pass an inattentive making Russian an official language. So the people you are saying are Nazis are pro Russians odd but life can be so funny.

PS maybe next time you want to look at who there accusing of being NAZIs and what they believe. Realize to the west which is who is writing your article Russia has been supporting NAZIs in europe for decades. Its a known fact and if you read stuff was posted in here several times the connections between the Kremlin and neo nazi groups. Whats changed simple the Kremlin who once supported them now needs them to be evil NAZIs to advance there narrative.

Now finally you claimed Svoboda party rund the government i asked for proof you gave me a list of pro Russians so will try again do you have a list of elected officials in the RADA. I expect they have to have a majority right?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   

I wouldn't go that far and say it's been completely agreed upon within EU govts. The EU/Russian economies are so heavily integrated that 'Phase 3' sanctions will cripple an already shaky EU economy. And then those EU govts will have their very own uprisings. . .

I agree and the riot season is just starting and where should all the money come from for Europe to upgrade it's military ?

if the USA keeps it's nose out and stop trying to drag us down by getting us in even more debt with it's banker friends then a lot less people are going to be homeless.

nearly everyone I speak to in the streets is against any military build up and they are also fast turning against the USA blackmailing or bribing all our politicians behind closed doors.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Thanks for the heads up

Link works now.

The blowback from 'Phase 3' sanctions will also hurt US Industrial interests such as Boeing - which is pushing for a $18 BILLION deal w/ Russia on titanium.

"The world is globalizing and the economy and politics are closely interdependent but excessive dependence leads to the loss of sovereignty," Putin said with regret and cited the country’s gold and currency reserves as an example. "Some countries with large gold and currency reserves diversify them one way or another," he added.

I suspect its going to be a shared pain 28 countries dont have to stop all business only each country has to pick one area. So they can lessen the impact on each individual country but end up costing Russia billions on there end.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
irrelevant, carry on..
edit on 24-4-2014 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: all2human

Actually it wasnt shame you changed it you might be right.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Yes lets see some real sanctions, i'm with you all the way and then the business leaders in Europe might speak up and hopeful this kick starts the growing moment to get the USA our of Europe and to take it's military bases off our land.

Germany is the only country that makes much in Europe and for that it needs its Russia partners and it also needs cheap gas so any real attempt to interfere by our unwelcome Americana banker puppets is going to create trouble all over Europe so bring it on and then lets see if this is a phony war like I keep saying and Putin is playing along.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
The problem with Russia dropping the Visa / MasterCard and moving to their own is its acceptance around the globe. I have no issues with any nation wanting to develop their own internal economic structure that is accepted globally. The only issue right now is the sanctions possibility.

If Russia goes forward with their version of V/M card its entirely possible it could cause damage. If the sanctions go through it would prevent banks from doing financial transactions with their Russian counterparts and vice versa, making it possible to extremely limit the locations the Russian version would work.

It also will reduce travel on both sides, however non Russian cards would not be as restricted as their Russian counterparts.

just an observation.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Thanks for the heads up

Link works now.

I suspect its going to be a shared pain 28 countries dont have to stop all business only each country has to pick one area. So they can lessen the impact on each individual country but end up costing Russia billions on there end.

It's such a mess. EU govts are starting to back out of these extra sanctions.

And for good reason, this is sounding awfully like an 'Economic M.A.D.'. All parties lose & China reaps the dividends.

US 'pivots', China reaps dividends

Thus the pivoting to Cold War 2.0 proceeds unabated, as in Washington working hard to build an iron curtain between Berlin and Moscow - preventing further trade integration across Eurasia - via instigation of a civil war in Ukraine. German Chancellor Angela Merkel remains on the spot: it's either Atlantic high-fidelity or her Ostpolitik - and that's exactly where Washington wants her.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: VirusGuard

Military bases off your land?

Last I checked the US military in Europe used host country bases and not vice versa. Secondly we are there by treaty, one of which any NATO member can withdraw from. Third, NATO members are not required to host NATO bases or forces, as we have seen with Poland and the Baltic nations.

Before you attack the US you should get your facts correct first.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: VirusGuard

Yes lets see some real sanctions, i'm with you all the way and then the business leaders in Europe might speak up and hopeful this kick starts the growing moment to get the USA our of Europe and to take it's military bases off our land.

Germany is the only country that makes much in Europe and for that it needs its Russia partners and it also needs cheap gas so any real attempt to interfere by our unwelcome Americana banker puppets is going to create trouble all over Europe so bring it on and then lets see if this is a phony war like I keep saying and Putin is playing along.

Its the EU making the sanctions look up a couple of posts. I posted you showing the Brussels commentthe US will put its own sanctions into effect the EU is separate.So though we apreciate your participation at least take your time to familiarize yourself with the topic.

top topics

<< 435  436  437    439  440  441 >>

join