It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 425
<< 422  423  424    426  427  428 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: renden

I'm so sick of their twisted lies. Just filthy.

Sick, sick people, and as sad as it is, only two things cures such sickness. Faith or fire.

The "report" you cite is itself a blatant lie, courtesy of a propaganda organ of the Russian state:

www.strategic-culture.org...

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

You keep mixing religion in with this when it is not even a primary issue of the conflict.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: ALoveSupreme
a reply to: BobAthome
Putin embraces the Orthodox church and its patriarch because they are powerful symbols of Russia's past glory.

Off topic, but feel free to ask any Russian Christian what "Orthodox" means, and they'll stare right back at you with a look of surprise.

They don't even know what it means, because Orthodoxy was artificially brought to Russia from Byzantine, and was modeled after Greek Orthodoxy, which has absolutely nothing to do with Russian Christianity.

None of this has anything to do with Putin anyway, he is only being used by Mass Media Propaganda Machine as the scary KGB boogeyman, just to scare all the stupid people.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Sick, sick people, and as sad as it is, only two things cures such sickness. Faith or fire.

The "report" you cite is itself a blatant lie, courtesy of a propaganda organ of the Russian state:

Whatever, keep on loving your Nazi pals there, buddy.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

You keep mixing religion in with this when it is not even a primary issue of the conflict.

Renden is playing the long game. By invoking religion, Putinistas can eventually justify the Orthodox Church making Putin czar. After all, if Britain can have a Constitutional Monarchy and yet be considered a democracy, why can't Russia?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: renden

And you keep loving your state controlled fascist media.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ALoveSupreme

"Godless commie' is some ridiculous American rhetoric from your county's reactionary 1950"

yes "reactionary 1950"

top 10 Billbord

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer

or maybe u meant this

lol

or this

or this,

let me know.

interesting.
edit on 4/24/2014 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: BobAthome

ok enough with the "50,000 Russian troops on Ukraine's eastern borders? and it is not just yourself,,

NEWS FLASH,,

THE ENTIRE COUNTRY OF RUSSIA,,IS ON ,,Ukraine's eastern bordeR.

Please stop. the same parroting. Its demeaning.

If you are suggesting that such a concentration of Russian military along the border is meaningless, you are being obtuse.

Let me clarify even though I admit I am no military expert—an estimated 50,000 troops with live armaments, deployed in close proximity to the Ukrainian-Russian border at tactically advantageous positions which suggest readiness for an invasion contingency.

Better?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

As always, the primary issue of the conflict is oil, gas and land.

Yatsenuk, as a representative of Kievs Junta and Nazi usurpers, has already SOLD Ukrainian territories for the amount of 15 billion dollars, and offered a sale of all gas pipelines to US or EU.

Oh yeah, that's a real man of the peolple, who was democratically elected just to serve in their interest.

Use google translate;

yakiev.com...

www.pravda.ru...

un.ua...

obkom.net.ua...

Or here's a better though, just plug in your question into google translate, and then use a Russian search engine with any auto-translate plugin, it's all there, unfiltered, but geee, we don't wanna do that, cuz propoganda tastes soooo goood, just like a GMO burger...

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

The Russian navy is allowed up to

- 25,000 troops,

- 24 artillery systems with a caliber smaller than 100 mm,

- 132 armored vehicles, and

- 22 military planes, on Crimean territory.

- Russia has two airbases in Crimea, in Kacha and Gvardeysky.

Five Russian naval units are stationed in the port city of Sevastopol, in compliance with the treaty:

- The 30th Surface Ship Division formed by the 11th Antisubmarine Ship Brigade. Comprises the Black Sea Fleet’s flagship guard missile cruiser Moskva as well as Kerch, Ochakov, Smetlivy, Ladny, and Pytlivy vessels, and the 197th Landing Ship Brigade, consisting of seven large amphibious vessels;

- The 41st Missile Boat Brigade includes the 166th Fast Attack Craft Division, consisting of Bora and Samum hovercrafts as well as small missile ships Mirazh and Shtil, and 295th missile Boat Division;

- The 247th Separate Submarine Division, consisting of two diesel submarines – B-871 Alrosa and B-380 Svyatoy Knyaz Georgy;

- The 68th Harbor Defense Ship Brigade formed by 4 vessels of the 400th Antisubmarine Ship Battalion and 418 Mine Hunting Ship Division respectively.;

- The 422nd Separate Hydrographic Ship Division boasts the Cheleken, Stvor, Donuzlav and GS-402 survey vessels and hydrographic boats.
Facts you may not know about Crimea

^^^ I don't know why people making a big fuss over Putin saying that there's Russian military forces in Crimea due to agreements. . . Probably assumed that the US Ministry of Truth would have done their homework before shouting INVASION lol

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

That door swings both ways.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: SurrenderingAmerica

Then why are they not wearing their national colors as specified by the Geneva Convention?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: SurrenderingAmerica

Thank you for agreeing that the media in Russia is controlled by the fascist state.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

ok enough with the "50,000 Russian troops on Ukraine's eastern borders? and it is not just yourself,,

NEWS FLASH,,

If you are suggesting that such a concentration of Russian military along the border is meaningless, you are being obtuse.

Let me clarify even though I admit I am no military expert—an estimated 50,000 troops with live armaments, deployed in close proximity to the Ukrainian-Russian border at tactically advantageous positions which suggest readiness for an invasion contingency.

Better?

Oh for crying out loud.

POINT THE FINGER AT THE SPOT WITH ALL THOSE RUSSIANS!!!!

If can't, then kindly STHU.

Martians, Martians are at the Canadian border with US! Martians are invading, they have declared war on US! Just look at all them martians I tell ya! There are tens of thousand of them, right there, on the US/Canadian border! That's right, right there, where Canada meets USA, all them evil commie-Martians! Obama should like kill them all and stuff, cuz they are evil oppressors of freedom and democracy.

Insanity.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

NEWS FLASH,,

Better?

Oh for crying out loud.

POINT THE FINGER AT THE SPOT WITH ALL THOSE RUSSIANS!!!!

If can't, then kindly STHU.

Martians, Martians are at the Canadian border with US! Martians are invading, they have declared war on US! Just look at all them martians I tell ya! There are tens of thousand of them, right there, on the US/Canadian border! That's right, right there, where Canada meets USA, all them evil commie-Martians! Obama should like kill them all and stuff, cuz they are evil oppressors of freedom and democracy.

Insanity.

Doesn't it bother you posting things like this when you know it will all be negated by future actions? When the Russian troops do move into Eastern Ukraine, you will be claiming that they aren't really there, that the footage of victory parades are all Western lies... while at the same time boasting about Putin's strategic brilliance in "liberating" Ukraine. How do you do it?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

a reply to: BobAthome
Putin embraces the Orthodox church and its patriarch because they are powerful symbols of Russia's past glory.

Off topic, but feel free to ask any Russian Christian what "Orthodox" means, and they'll stare right back at you with a look of surprise.

They don't even know what it means, because Orthodoxy was artificially brought to Russia from Byzantine, and was modeled after Greek Orthodoxy, which has absolutely nothing to do with Russian Christianity.

None of this has anything to do with Putin anyway, he is only being used by Mass Media Propaganda Machine as the scary KGB boogeyman, just to scare all the stupid people.

I think you have not studied much about Slavic history or you would know that the Kyiv Rus, progenitors of Czarist Russia were christianized primarily by the Byzantine Patriarchates who are synonymous with the 'Greek Orthodox' church. This occurred in the 10th and 11th centuries and the Russian Orthodox church did not emerge until much later during the late medieval periods as Constantinople's political power waned.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Thank you for agreeing that the media in Russia is controlled by the fascist state.

So you are calling Russia a fascist state? You mean the one that defeated Nazi Germany, took Berlin and put up a Soviet flag on Bundestag? That must make perfect sense, to an insane person.

Next, feel free to say that warm and cold are exactly the same, because they are both temperatures, black and white are exactly the same because they are colors, and life and death are exactly the same because they are just some other things that are identical to insane, psychoapathic people.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

no he means the one that put a wall around a part of Berlin, and America had too Fly in FOOD too people who were starving TOO DEATH, remember???

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

actually "black and white" are not colors.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

So you are calling Russia a fascist state? You mean the one that defeated Nazi Germany, took Berlin and put up a Soviet flag on Bundestag? That must make perfect sense, to an insane person.

Next, feel free to say that warm and cold are exactly the same, because they are both temperatures, black and white are exactly the same because they are colors, and life and death are exactly the same because they are just some other things that are identical to insane, psychoapathic people.

It was called the Reichstag then, by the way.

So only an insane person would recognize that the regimes of both Stalin and Hitler much resembled each other in terms of political repression, genocide of minorities, or aggressive military philosophies?

It is no coincidence of history that the two both simultaneously invaded Poland (and the Soviets the Baltic States soon after) under the Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact.

The number of historical inaccuracies and semantic confusions you possess make it less than productive to discuss these issues with you. My dear, I am afraid your understanding is not nuanced enough when you believe that if one color is black another must be white; or that qualitative differences all exists along some linear metric.

I suggest you go back to your religious faith. Maybe a Christian miracle will occur and Putin will benevolently relinquish power and resume press freedoms if you pray enough.

edit on 24-4-2014 by ALoveSupreme because: typo as its hard to type on touchscreen with nails

top topics

<< 422  423  424    426  427  428 >>

join