It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 422
<< 419  420  421    423  424  425 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Douglas Herbert @dougf24
East #Ukraine : one confirmed dead in #Sloviansk; Russian media (UNCONFIRMED) reporting six dead. #Donetsk @FRANCE24

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   
mvs.gov.ua...

In the course of the antiterrorist operation, Ministry of Interior units and DoD deblokovani and destroyed 3 checkpoints illegal armed groups in the north-eastern part of Slavonic Donetsk region.

During the clash combat 5 terrorists were killed. From the ATO members one soldier was wounded.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Im confused on this one.. Can anyone translate what it is they are talking about?

Lithuania MFA ‏@LithuaniaMFA · 4m
Restrictions for #Russian police officers and military personnel to leave the country - signs of “Soviet spring”?

Is it Russia is saying their police / military units cannot leave for possible uprising reasons or?
edit on 24-4-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Russia Today reports a Ukrainian attack on a separatist roadblock has been repelled:

russian.rt.com...

Militias repelled an attack on a key roadblock in Sloviansk

Defense forces recaptured Sloviansk one Ukrainian military checkpoint at the entrance to the city.
April 24, 2014, 13:48

«Back national militia managed to repulse this point. Three armored personnel carriers, who come here, were forced to leave, "- said the TV channel" Russia-24 ".

According to the channel, batted checkpoint is one of the key: it can be to head directly to the center of Slavic. Checkpoint is 3 km from the city.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ALoveSupreme

originally posted by: zilebeliveunknown

There you go, I knew you'd slip again.
It was you saying it's a coup, but when I asked you to show me how coup is legal and allowed by Ukrainian constitution, you changed your story.
Thanks for that.
We can move now...

Sorry Zile my dear, but that does not make much sense even if you are arguing semantics.

Xcathdra's point is that the president was removed by a legislative procedure of impeachment as defined by the constitution and therefore could not be considered a 'coup' — i.e. a violent seizure of government.

There simply was no armed insurrection against the executive branch. Yanukovych and his security simply disappeared.

But of course Russia knew nothing of his whereabouts. After all, it is very easy for a head of state to cross your border unnoticed.

Yanukovych was not removed by the constitution of Ukraine impeachment proceeding.
en.wikipedia.org...
In order to impeach the President, they must be convicted of treason to the state and other crimes. A two-thirds constitutional majority in the Verkhovna Rada (300 ayes) must support a procedure of impeachment for it to begin. A temporary investigative commission is established by the parliament for the impeachment investigation. The commission's final conclusions are considered at a parliamentary meeting.
"To adopt an impeachment resolution, a minimum two-thirds of the parliament must support the impeachment procedure. To remove the President from office, a minimum three-quarters of parliament must support the resolution. The Constitutional and the Supreme Court of Ukraine's conclusions and decisions are considered at the parliamentary meetings.

"In the event that a President is incapable of committing his/her duties as President, the Chairman of the Verkhovna Rada becomes the acting president until a new president is elected. The acting president is not given the authority to address the nation and parliament, dismiss the legislative branch and appoint candidates for parliamentary approval of government and judicial posts. The acting president cannot call for a referendum, grant military ranks and state orders and exercise their right of pardon. There are no constitutional provisions for presidential succession in case both the president and chairman's posts are vacant."

Note the 300 vote requirement to start impeachment proceedings. This never occurred. Also note Yanukovych's chief of staff was shot, so he had every reason to fear for his life.
edit on 24-4-2014 by Matt1951 because: to correct quotation marks

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   
How Russian propaganda on the social networks looks like:

Mister Ka @Mister_Ka
RT @truthsMaster: Slaviansk #Ukraine RIGHT NOW pic.twitter.com/uVPm3Sbl0Z #Kyiv Death Squads came to murder ethnic minority of Russians!

Episode 2

Mister Ka @Mister_Ka
#Kyiv Junta does it again!Snipers near the town of #Slavyansk! #Ukraine twitpic.com/e1xpjq

edit on Thu0000003011314 by Dutzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Based on the number of tweets / type of tweets coming out of the Russian Foreign Ministry I am thinking they are getting ready to cross the border.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: Matt1951

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Further note that the then current Ukrainian constitution did not allow for impeachment. Yanukovych had agreed at the EU meeting he would agree to the old constitution, but he was driven from office before he signed the agreement.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Video from one of the checkpoints captured by Ukrainian forces in Slavyansk:

LE: Another video on the operation:

edit on Thuu3011314 by Dutzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: Matt1951

Yet I am not the one constantly stating a war is going to occur. I am also not the one constantly stating Russia will nuke the US. I am not the one constantly arguing the US profits from high oil prices.

Its not my fault they don't know the difference between oil and LNG.

I am not a Russia hater by the way so don't put words in my mouth. What I do have an issue with are people who are pro Russian constantly posting BS and when asked to support it, they go off. As for me being consistently wrong, I will tell you the same I tell the others.

Point it out, back it up and we can go from there. IfI am wrong I have no issues admitting it, as I have done in this as well as other threads.

But don't come in, accuse me of something and then not support it. Its is as meaningless as posting comments about Russia's Cosmic weapons as some pro Russians like to do.

And anybody but the United States.

Which, again, undermines the arguments some of the Pro Russians are trying to make.

Your post is more proof you are an emotional Russian hater.
Consider we really don't even know if Putin and Obama are playing for the same team or not. Consider the size of the US economy is $17 Trillion dollars. US bailed out its banks to the tune of $16 to 22 Trillion (capital T) dollars. Quantitative easing, $85 billion welfare to the banks every month. Yet, the US offers $1 billlion (small b) to Ukraine for aid. The US, if it wanted, could easily pay the total Ukraine debt of $35 billion,even out of its black budget, it it chose to. Or as Rahm Emanuel said, never let a crisis go to waste.
The US and EU (really all governments) act to the benefit of the special interests that control that government. None of this is about helping the people of Ukraine in anyway. Any aid from the west will tie the Ukrainian people to debt servitude. Which is why Ukraines best option would be to default on their loans.
The smart thing for Ukraine to do, would be to not crack down on the East, and wait until they have elections to provide a legitimate government. From the visit from Brennan, it appears the US government prefers ongoing instability.
Never confuse the actions of the American oligarchs with the will of the people.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

So it may seem:

*PUTIN SAYS CONSEQUENCES WILL DEPEND ON EVENTS IN UKRAINE twitpic.com/e1xr1f

Russian Spring @diablo3xnews
#Putin says it is a grave crime to attack own people in #Slavyansk by #Ukraine military, it's crime against constitution of Ukraine art. 5

Fabrizio Goria @FGoria
RTRS * Russian president Putin says if kiev authorities have used the army in east Ukraine it is a very serious crime against its own people

Agence France-Presse @AFP
Putin adds that Kiev's actions in east Ukraine will 'have consequences'

LE:

24 channel @ 24tvua
If not for the intervention of Russia - Crimea now would have to be the same as that in eastern Ukraine, so we did everything correctly and on time - Putin

LE 2:

Russian Market @russian_market
Ukraine must pull back army, disarm Right Sector - Lavrov

Russians at NATO HQ @natomission_ru
Amb.Grushko: NATO should urge authorities in Kiev to stop military operation in SE Ukraine immediately & start implementing Geneva document

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   

SBU released phone calls of Bes, Strelok & #Slaviansk people's mayor how they got rid of local MP #Rybak #Ukraine RT!youtube.com/watch?v=sA8Co1…

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   
www.radiosvoboda.org...

In Slavonic , which takes anti-terrorist operation , a self-proclaimed "people's mayor " Vyacheslav Ponomarev threatened to shoot civilians . This is stated in the press service of the Interior Ministry.

According to authorities, during the anti-terrorist operation in distributed leaflets, urging people to adhere to peace, as far as possible not to leave their homes, do not let children unattended parents to the streets , not to succumb to provocations and not to carry out criminal orders of the representatives of the self-proclaimed illegal power.

" According to the sources in the ATO , self-proclaimed mayor of Slavic Ponomarev announced " shot on the spot anyone who will be revealed this card , "- said in a statement MIA.

According to the ministry , during the anti-terrorist operation in Slavic killed five militants.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
SBU captures 2 saboteurs:
www.pravda.com.ua...

Security Service of Ukraine on April 23 detained two groups of saboteurs dangerous Russian spy Igor Strelkova .

This was disclosed at a press briefing in anti-terrorist center spokesman SBU Marina Ostapenko.

She said the case of a citizen of Ukraine, who organized the capture adminbudivel Artemivsk and Slavic , and was responsible for supplying firearms extremists .

" In the period from 7 to 20 April , he was in the Crimea , where he appropriate instruction with representatives of the Russian secret services and diplomats Consulate General of Russia in Simferopol ," - she said.

Another detainee , according to Ostapenko, a citizen of Russia, entered the territory of Ukraine under the cover of the passport of the citizen of Ukraine.

"After the detention of these persons their entourage tried to intercept the vehicle , which transported the detainees " - said the spokesperson of the SBU.

According to Ostapenko , analysis of data shows that the detained citizen of a technical expert on encrypted communications, " uses the call sign " Swallow " has important information about the activities of saboteurs in Ukraine ."

"The detainees seized computers and communications ," - said Ostapenko.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   

ConflictBreakingNews @MiddleEast_BRK
#BreakingNews Russian military on the move. Footage from #Novoshakhtinsk, 5 km from #Ukraine youtube.com/watch?v=9WnHDc… pic.twitter.com/ORmNl2BlnE

LE: Second video on possible Russian troop movements in the same area, uploaded today:

edit on Thu0000003011314 by Dutzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   

ConflictBreakingNews ‏@MiddleEast_BRK · 3m
Worrying footage from #Novoshakhtinsk,5 km from #Ukrain.Russian army speeding towards border.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   

ConflictBreakingNews ‏@MiddleEast_BRK 5m

Also, Ukrainian forces started moving artillery pieces between #Zaporozhye and #Mariupol. Do they know more than we? www.youtube.com...

ConflictBreakingNews ‏@MiddleEast_BRK

#BREAKINGNEWS Massive Russian troops movements near #Rostov, heading for "Donetsk Republic". www.youtube.com... … pic.twitter.com/iKh81tHpHz

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Very worrying indeed. If they enter mainland Ukraine this surely up's the stakes for a potential declaration of war between them.

Ukraine is such a broken in two country at the moment and ukraine cannot afford Russian aggression. It seems Putin is finding any f excuse to land grab again.

These sanctions are not working!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   
What we are seeing here is a build up for war between the both of them if Russian troops get the order to cross the border.

a reply to: Dutzy

new topics

top topics

<< 419  420  421    423  424  425 >>

join