It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Just watched the first 3 minutes of RT headlines...

LOL

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Echtelion
I'm sure you'll still ignore this, but Crimea has declared its autonomy from Kiev before that happened. So the admiral is being patriotic.

That is correct - many of the opposition in Kiev were armed fascist groups, there are three different ones in fact that declare themselves as far right actual fascists. They are armed with real guns it has been reported both by the RT and the BBC.

The reference to them being armed I found on the BBC is important to negate claims of Eastern media bias.

Russia declares the actions in Kiev an armed coup. Were the protestors armed? The far right ones were. Was the overthrow of the government done using Democracy? Not that I am aware of.

There was going to be a vote on new leadership later in the year.
edit on 02pmSun, 02 Mar 2014 13:15:42 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

darkbake

Echtelion
I'm sure you'll still ignore this, but Crimea has declared its autonomy from Kiev before that happened. So the admiral is being patriotic.

That is correct - many of the opposition in Kiev were armed fascist groups, there are three different ones in fact that declare themselves as far right actual fascists. They are armed with real guns it has been reported both by the RT and the BBC.

Well actually my wording was not good. They made a vote of non-confidence to the Ukrainian administration, delcared they would stop paying taxes to Kiev and set a referendum on the Crimean sovereignty.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
For a former Ukrain president of the republic

The first President of independent Ukraine, Leonid Kravchuk sure that the confrontation between Russia and Ukraine should immediately stop because the war between these countries will inevitably grow into a third world.

24tv.ua...

but you can see some trying to work this out:

Kremlin says Putin and Merkel agreed Russia and Germany will continue bilateral and multilateral consultations seeking "normalisation' of Ukraine situation.
[Reuters]

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

I totally agree with you about the propaganda issues, I normally take more notice of R.T as they're normally a good source for impartial views of news, as bbc and sky normally talk complete crap and give their opinion only, but over the last to days, R.T are not much better. Im keeping an eye on your threads/posts as you've been more reliable than the tv news channels!!. Keep up the good work.
Good luck.
B.V.H

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
from Al Jazeera English

Analysis: NATO unlikely to go to war with Russia over Crimea

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Crimea forms its own fleet as Ukraine Navy chief sides with region

rt.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Italy appealed to Russia not to launch a "totally unacceptable" invasion of Ukraine and said it was extremely worried by recent events in Crimea.

"The Italian government supports the pressing requests of the international community for Ukraine's sovereignty and territorial integrity to be respected," Prime Minister Matteo Renzi's office said in a statement.

"Any violation of these principles would be totally unacceptable for Italy," it added.
[Reuters]

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

billyvonhelvete

I totally agree with you about the propaganda issues, I normally take more notice of R.T as they're normally a good source for impartial views of news, as bbc and sky normally talk complete crap and give their opinion only, but over the last to days, R.T are not much better. Im keeping an eye on your threads/posts as you've been more reliable than the tv news channels!!. Keep up the good work.
Good luck.
B.V.H

Do not see RT news as a clean source of info. It is knee deep in propaganda and exposed as such. It is openly a propaganda source funded by Russia's government. It also is used to sway American opinion (hence why it is not in Russian).

the reason you find this source impartial is because its the "other side" of the propaganda coin. In other words, its not American media that wants to brainwash you into serving the American agenda. It is Russian propaganda, funded by Russia's government, used to sway you into hating America and diverting from supporting it.

Its a common mistake to see people quote RT news as "legit and dependable". It is one of the most propaganda rich venues for swaying masses.

www.cjr.org...

MM

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

billyvonhelvete

Good luck.
B.V.H

Oh for God sake... Impartial??? Don't be silly.
It's pure propaganda.

link   
Double post
edit on 02pmSun, 02 Mar 2014 13:23:43 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by billyvonhelvete

I agree there is definitely propaganda spin going on here I check RT BBC and at times CNN but when the west and east start putting out conflicting stories at the rate they are now it gets cray.

The same thing happened regarding Syria and its two factions.

Another example is the new? Prime Minister of Crimea - unrecognized by the West but recognized by Russia. And the government in Kiev - legitimate to the West illegitimate to Russia.

There is a lot riding on this. I would say that even Syria and Snowden are not unrelated. I wouldn't be surprised if the oil pipeline was relevant as well.

Yes I know, that leaves the interests of the people in Ukraine not as important I wonder if this is the case.
edit on 02pmSun, 02 Mar 2014 13:40:08 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 02pmSun, 02 Mar 2014 13:41:32 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

The Russian ambassador in the Czech Republic Sergey Kiselyov has been summoned by the country’s FM Lubomír Zaorálek over the recent events in Ukraine. Prague disagrees with Moscow on the situation in Ukraine, according to the official Czech website in Ukraine.

rt.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Thanks for posting the map. I knew it had to be something like this. While American environazisare playing god with our resources in the name of "sustainable development", the Russians are controlling Europe's access to resources, and our Prez is refusing to go forward with the Keystone pipeline. I believe the global anti-fracking movement has more to do with geopolitical power than it does saving the earth.

www.thedailybeast.com...

All other issues aside...I wish Ukrainians safety and independence.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Ukrainian government is considering the possibility of overlapping the border with Russia.
This was stated by First Deputy Prime Minister Anatoly Yarema telethon broadcast on the First Channel.
"Now the question as to overlap the border, another possibility - the introduction of stringent conditions of crossing" - nalohosyv official.

www.pravda.com.ua...

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

1926 GMT: We’ll stress the unconfirmed nature of this report:
Unconfirmed reports that #Poland is moving military units to border with #Ukraine. #Crimea
www.kresy.pl... …- pic.twitter.com/ybGYwutIhe

We’ll also caution that it’s not all that surprising. It would be natural for Poland, which shares a border with Ukraine, to react by preparing for any eventualities.

www.interpretermag.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by matafuchs

Prez O has decided to cut the military just in time for this situation. I wonder what Congress will do.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by matafuchs

Prez O has decided to cut the military just in time for this situation. I wonder what Congress will do.

Probably what theyve taken a fancy of doing for years now; sit around bickering, pretending to be useful.

edit on 3/2/2014 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Nato press conf live www.nato.int...

Rasmussen: NATO allies will continue to support Ukraine's territorial soverignty

Rasmussen: We stand by Ukraine as a partner.

will add more when it comes out

well it's over ... nothing realy substantial here we monitor the situation we talked about blablabla ... they will not move a finger olver this ... for now
edit on 2-3-2014 by Dolby_X because: (no reason given)

Ukrainian representative to NATO Ihor Dolhov is speaking to reporters. Dolhov: This is the beginning of developing additional measures to seek a peaceful resolution. NATO urges dispatch of international observers to Ukraine.
[AFP]

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

The US and Europe are putting pressure on Russia to leave Ukraine.

They're hoping to use economic and diplomatic sanctions, but it's not clear if they will work.

Al Jazeera's Rosiland Jordan reports from Washington DC.

of course they will not work Russia got the EU economic in his hands ...

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join