It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 412
<< 409  410  411    413  414  415 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: VirusGuard

I really hope no war breaks out and that diplomatic talks will resolve the situation in the end. Yes the war drums are beating but not that loud just yet.

Russian Bombers have always been spying this is nothing new, even in the mist of post-cold war 2 tensions.

Keep Calm and Carry on

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: asen_y2k

There are 2 witnesses guarded torture room and saw tortured victims inc. #Rybak in #Slavyansk SBU where now @SimonOstrovsky is held captive.

Thats just great. What the hell is the state department doing to get Simon released? And what does Putin have to say about it? He could have Simon released in 5 minutes if he wanted to. I'm starting to think he wants a war.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph

There are 2 witnesses guarded torture room and saw tortured victims inc. #Rybak in #Slavyansk SBU where now @SimonOstrovsky is held captive.

Thats just great. What the hell is the state department doing to get Simon released? And what does Putin have to say about it? He could have Simon released in 5 minutes if he wanted to. I'm starting to think he wants a war.

Because Putin can use that situation by stating the Ukrainian central government cannot protect civilians, even with their ongoing operations, while making the claims Russian soldiers are needed to restore the peace.

Secondly Putin is in no hurry to have western journalists released. With them being hostages he can better control the information coming out of Ukraine.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

The thing is, he does. Vladimir Putin wants a war. All of his tactics used thus far have sent clear 'attack' messages to NATO forcing them to announce their own measures. The exercises currently being undertaken by Russian Forces are also sending a clear message to Ukraine. Putin is intent on regaining as much of the old USSR as possible regardless of how long it takes. Is it an overreaction to say that Russia already controls much of Eastern Ukraine?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The other shoe drops..

Russia will respond if interests attacked in Ukraine: Lavrov

Moscow (AFP) - Russia will respond if its interests are attacked in Ukraine, as they were in South Ossetia in 2008 which led to war with Georgia, Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said Wednesday.

"If we are attacked, we would certainly respond," he told state-controlled RT television in an interview.

"If our interests, our legitimate interests, the interests of Russians have been attacked directly, like they were in South Ossetia for example, I do not see any other way but to respond in accordance with international law."

Lavrov did not elaborate further on what the response would entail but the reference to Georgia's breakaway region of South Ossetia strongly hints at the possibility of military action.

In August 2008 Russia sent troops into South Ossetia and then into Tbilisi-controlled Georgian territory after then president Mikheil Saakashvili tried to reestablish control over the breakaway region.

Russia then recognised South Ossetia and another breakaway Georgian region, Abkhazia, as independent in defiance of the West.

"Russian citizens being attacked is an attack against the Russian Federation," Lavrov told RT, which published excerpts of the interview to be broadcast later Wednesday.

The West has strongly warned Russia against sending troops into eastern Ukraine to aid pro-Moscow separatists. President Vladimir Putin has said he hopes there will be no military action but has not ruled out such a move.

Lavrov also accused the United States of controlling the actions of the pro-West Ukrainian government, saying that Washington was now "running the show" in Kiev.

Lavrov noted that Ukraine had chosen to relaunch military operations against separatists in the east during a visit to Kiev by US Vice President Joe Biden.

"This means we have no reason not to believe that the Americans are running the show in the most direct way," Russia's top diplomat said.

Click link for remainder of article.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorT

I wouldn't say so, not at the moment. Unity rallies by supporters of Maidan/Ukraine integrity are still taking place all around Eastern Ukraine, Luhansk, Dnepropetrovsk, Odessa and so on. The violence seems to be localized for the moment in a region in the Donetsk oblast, that's how I see it. And from how things look on the social media and networks, the separatists/Russian supporters don't seem to be in quite the large numbers, as presented by the biast media.
edit on Wedu3011214 by Dutzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Sure.. unlike you I am making an effort to see things from both sides instead of just coming into this thread, spouting off bs and dragging the thread off topic with asinine comments about planes and plane while hoping for a war Russia is going to start but will not win.

Was I to speak like that then I might get moderated and you did bring up planes and jets, I merely responded

You know very well that my position on this conflict is that it's a phony war, not going to happen

you have anything on topic?

All I said was on topic, you made it a topic so what are you talking about

if not, move on.

When they make you a moderator then I am sure they will inform us all but in the mean time I would suggest you behave a bit more respectfully towards other members who have as much right to post here as you do.
edit on 23-4-2014 by VirusGuard because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorT

The thing is, he does. Vladimir Putin wants a war. All of his tactics used thus far have sent clear 'attack' messages to NATO forcing them to announce their own measures. The exercises currently being undertaken by Russian Forces are also sending a clear message to Ukraine. Putin is intent on regaining as much of the old USSR as possible regardless of how long it takes. Is it an overreaction to say that Russia already controls much of Eastern Ukraine?

I don't think so at all. I think it's clear that there are already Russian spec ops in eastern Ukraine, and certainly militants there are at minimum being equipped by Russia. The separatists have the eastern portion of the country on lockdown, and while not all of them are militants (there are many average citizens there that want to separate as well), those that are armed, seem to be taking their cues from Moscow.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
The Russian government has begun recalling diplomatic workers that are considered political risk here in Dubai.

Seems to parallel the Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs openly distributing lists of ‘national traitors’ including news organizations and journalists who do not completely follow Kremlin guidelines on Ukraine reporting?

www.politonline.ru...

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: VirusGuard

Then participate in the thread and stop selective targeting of certain posters while baiting them with comments. It gets old and frankly I am tired of it.

Yes you have made it quite clear you think its a phony war. Now, if only you could support that position with facts instead of snide comments.

If its phony, support it -

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ALoveSupreme
The Russian government has begun recalling diplomatic workers that are considered political risk here in Dubai.

Seems to parallel the Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs openly distributing lists of ‘national traitors’ including news organizations and journalists who do not completely follow Kremlin guidelines on Ukraine reporting?

www.politonline.ru...

Its actions like this that are out of the norm for Russia. Why deal with foreign affairs in this manner when it has nothing to do with Ukraine? The only action I can see that justifies Russia's diplomatic shuffle is if they are putting infrastructure in place in their foreign affairs to aggressively support near / future Russian actions that will in fact have a huge impact on its foreign relations.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ALoveSupreme

www.politonline.ru...

Well its almost like were watching the birth of a communist country im really confused. Wonder if the Russian people are starting to figure it out? Reason for recalls and the clamp downs on media??

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: deviant300

I really hope no war breaks out and that diplomatic talks will resolve the situation in the end. Yes the war drums are beating but not that loud just yet.

Russian Bombers have always been spying this is nothing new, even in the mist of post-cold war 2 tensions.

two week ago I was very much concerned with this looking serious but then as i looked closer it all started to seem like nothing more than banter to me so I started to look for reason for this "talk" and came to the conclusion that it all about pushing up oil prices to benefit Russia/USA/Opec and even Iran who played it's part just over a year ago by threatening to close the Iranian straights.

The elite have thus far pushed the people just about as far as they dare go without taking more blame so now lets keep the pressure on and blame someone else, push the fear buttons until the public are screaming for more protection, begging us to relieve them of their money.

Just look at it we have turbo prop planes being sent over to the UK, yes I know nothing new but by the only country in the world that can carry 35 ton objects up into space so you tell me.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I was thinking.. the shuffle makes sense if Russia is going to stick to the ridiculous justifications its been giving out. The diplomatic corp most likely got use to having their own opinion on things and maybe its possible Putin is leary about them not towing the party line Russia is going to be giving them to parrot.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Here i thought id post this and heres part of the article i

find funny. Simon are vice journalist is being accused of spying and being a Nazi working with right sector. Anyone who isnt pro russian becomes a nazi i guess.I said when all this started Simon had balls and seemed to ignore risks well i guess it got him in trouble now.Especially like the last part where she says hes not a hostage were not trying to exchange him for anyone she has a weird definition of hostage.

Stella Khorosheva, a spokeswoman for the Slovyansk insurgents, confirmed that Ostrovsky was being held.

"He's with us. He's fine," Khorosheva told The Associated Press.

"(We) need to be careful, because this is not the first time we're dealing with spies," Khorosheva added, saying Ostrovsky is suspected of spying for the Right Sector, a far-right nationalist group despised by the pro-Russia forces.

She dismissed claims he was a hostage, saying the insurgents were not seeking to "exchange him for someone."

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: VirusGuardpushing up oil prices to benefit Russia/USA/Opec and even Iran who played it's part just over a year ago by threatening to close the Iranian straights.

Except for the fact the Us is not an oil exporter so pushing up gas prices would not benefit the US. Why you keep trying to attach the US to this theory of yours is not supported by any evidence. In fact increase in gas prices actually hurts the US because a gallon of gas goes up in price, currently $3.35 a gallon in my area.

Russia on the other hand, as you and many other Pro Russians have consistently pointed out, controls Europe's gas supply so any increase in gas prices would actually prop Russia up while again hurting Europe.

It takes more than just stating the theory on why you think this is all about gas prices - Even when the evidence doesn't support that theory but does support the theory of a resurgent Russia based on the old formulae of the Soviet Union coupled with an insane Russian leader who apparently cannot exist in a non cold war world. He personally feels he is being disrespected and this is his temper tantrum of a response - start a war.

Being Russian forces were/are in Crimea, Ukraine and South / East Ukraine, he has in fact started a war. The fact no one recognizes the status of Crimea, or Russian legislation annexing Crimea, Ukraine has a valid legal / internal law claim.

The push to increase gas prices only benefits Russia and no one else, so please stop trying to claim the opposite, or at the very least support it with facts.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Ironic that Russia claims ethnic Russians were being targeted, so they invade and destabilize, which results in non Russians / non pro Russians being targeted, beat tortured and killed.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
indian.ruvr.ru...

Russia is not as backwards as we think. War will be nothing like we've seen since WWII!

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: GreenMtnBoys
indian.ruvr.ru...

Russia is not as backwards as we think. War will be nothing like we've seen since WWII!

There was an article talking about Russian military training. It points the finger at Germany with exporting some high tech items to Russia.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Then participate in the thread and stop selective targeting of certain posters while baiting them with comments. It gets old and frankly I am tired of it.

The comments you are referring too where between me and you and yes I admit I was baiting you a little bit but you have been doing a bit of that yourself so yes lets quit it.

Yes I say it's phony (well only for the past two weeks) but you only want to portray Russia as being backwards in a "my dicks bigger than your competition" and the rules of engagement seems to explicitly avoid any possibility of using nukes.

Well I say you cannot have it both ways and if push came to shove on Russia's doorstep then the big toys would come out, all 20,000 if needs be so lets stop arguing all about rusty tanks, best missiles in the world and concentrate on the two extremes without pretending "well it will never happen" when "A" it has before and "B" we don't have a crystal ball.

new topics

top topics

<< 409  410  411    413  414  415 >>

join