It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 398
<< 395  396  397    399  400  401 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Well, hate to burst your little bubble, but the person in the tank your talking about is a Ukraine soldier not a self defense force member, so your little snide remarks are for nothing.

Are you saying it's a tank used by NATO or is it Russian made in which case you would be half right but in addressing dirty hands I don't care what sides he's on, my comments still remain true.

Seems to me you are trying to say the Ukraine army are not professional then, is that what you are saying.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: VirusGuard

Agree but I was not the one who tried to say Russia needed US help to build the ISS as if the US is something special

You're right, the US is nothing special. Every country has sent men to the Moon.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   

You talked about how he looked and I answers you from the picture without playing it because you wanted to make a point about dirty hands and smoking.

I wouldn't have put the whole video up if all I was talking about was just the first frame. You really should learn to watch things before commenting.

if you wanted to talk about these men being Russian troops and being in the wrong place then why don't you say so.

Because it isn't about that, again you didn't watch the video did you?

"And you can show me a country that does? "

The fact is you made the comment, and now you either can't or won't answer a simple question, why?

Agree but I was not the one who tried to say Russia needed US help to build the ISS as if the US is something special

Can you dispute the fact that he made, because it doesn't look like you can.

Now why is it when countries have problems with a neighbor who is it they call for help...

The US or do they call Russia?

Let me help you out there, because the last letter in the answer would be an A.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
One of the guys had a British Army Vest on, by your logic that would make him a British soldier. I imagine there are plenty of Army surplus stores where these items can be bought. Even the vice presenter said there were so many uniforms, it was difficult to know who was who. Yet you seem to know who they are based on not being there.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Are you saying it's a tank used by NATO or is it Russian made in which case you would be half right but in addressing dirty hands I don't care what sides he's on, my comments still remain true.

It doesn't matter where the tank was made, as it is a Ukraine Army APC and not actually a tank.

And your comments are far from the truth. It seems when your shown the truth you don't seem to handle it real well.

And thanks for taking this off topic...Good Job.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

One of the guys had a British Army Vest on, by your logic that would make him a British soldier.

No, that would show these aren't a rag tag group of locals that just pick this stuff up at the local neighborhood store.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Such weapons are useless when their operators are dead.

Yes indeed so just what aircraft carrier are these american fighter jets going to fly from when a few S-300 have sunk the fleet, well only the ones the 700kmh under water torpedo's could not take out.

Stand off war, hold them back and out of range from missiles that can hit the USA from Russia.

You seem to under estimate the enemy and should practice on little Kim first but one this conflict with Russia is a phony war and two if it was not phony and went hot then fighting so far from home the USA will be hard pressed to win and that's without it going nuclear.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

I imagine there are plenty of Army surplus stores where these items can be bought. Even the vice presenter said there were so many uniforms, it was difficult to know who was who. Yet you seem to know who they are based on not being there.

Here is an interesting little article discussing these well armed and dressed for combat supposed self defense force.

www.japantimes.co.jp...

And I never said they were anybody all I did was say they were well dressed and well armed for a local self defense force. so don't try to say I meant something different than what I said.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   

It doesn't matter where the tank was made, as it is a Ukraine Army APC and not actually a tank.

It was someone smoking a fag with dirty hands and the Ukraine does not make tanks so was it from the west or made in Russia.

Jump as you like but lets stick with the picture, the man and the tank/APC

Again I ask if you are saying that the Ukraine army are unprofessional

Would you say that the Afgan rebels are well dressed for war, need nice badges, brass and a great big smile because it is not them that are leaving the area fighting a rear guard action as they retreat out of the country

edit on 21-4-2014 by VirusGuard because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   

You seem to under estimate the enemy

You definitely underestimate the enemy.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   

#Kramatorsk: pro-#Russians announced total mobilization - car runs around city with loudspeakers calling locals to 'repulse coming Nazis'

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Jump as you like but lets stick with the picture, the man and the tank/APC

See you aren't comprehending the whole premise of my post, and it just shows you didn't even watch the video.

Again I ask if you are saying that the Ukraine army are unprofessional

As I said previously this isn't about the Ukraine army and how professional they look so why do you keep going there?

This is about the so called local self defense force.

Now if you have something to discuss about them great, but you obviously want to stay away from that point, why?

Would you say that the Afgan rebels are well dressed for war, need nice badges, brass and a great big smile because it is not them that are leaving the area fighting a rear guard action as they retreat out of the country

Wow how far off topic do you want to take this, last time I checked this wasn't a thread about Afghanistan and it really has no place in this thread.

Are you going for the trifecta today what's next Viet Nam and what the Viet Cong wore.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Groups of pro-#Russians from #Slovianskheading to #Kramatorsk for reinforcement due to expected arrival of buses with "Right sector" there.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

You're right, the US is nothing special. Every country has sent men to the Moon.

And lost the race to orbit the earth with a satellite but it reminds me of the pen NASA developed to take into space that cost $1m to develop when Russia simply used a $0.10 pencil.

We learned so much about the moon (Like the stars are missing in photo's) that with all the advancements in technology over the past 25 years that we have nothing more to learn from the moon.

China had to shoot it's own satellite down because it went faulty but dam me two weeks later the USA had to shoot one of it's own down too, it must had gone faulty too, what a coincidence

The USA might be winning the Drone wars (Will soon be flying over all our city's watching us) but I am not sure anyone can say they have won any space wars.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: VirusGuard
Yes indeed so just what aircraft carrier are these american fighter jets going to fly from when a few S-300 have sunk the fleet, well only the ones the 700kmh under water torpedo's could not take out.

the Russians can now get the S-300 to target ships now? Well done to the Russians......

/sarcasm off. The S-300 is an AA system - a good one, but it don't shoot ships!

As for the super-fast torpedoes, I assume you mean the VA-111 Shkval? Whislt it looks good on paper, it certainly has many shortcomings:

t has a very short range compared to standard torpedoes; unguided variants must travel in a straight line, making effective targeting very difficult. Secondly, because sound travels much faster under water, it is thought that the Shkval would be highly detectable upon launch. Later versions with guidance and homing systems that require the torpedo to slow down to be able to operate are vulnerable to the same countermeasures as standard torpedoes, thus eliminating the weapon's one advantage. According to some reports, Russia is experimenting with a wire-guidance system for the weapon, but this is a project fraught with difficulties.

Not to mention that the US managed to get quite a bit of info about this system back in 2000, so are quite well aware of it's capabilities.

Stand off war, hold them back and out of range from missiles that can hit the USA from Russia.

Stand off with what?

You seem to under estimate the enemy and should practice on little Kim first but one this conflict with Russia is a phony war and two if it was not phony and went hot then fighting so far from home the USA will be hard pressed to win and that's without it going nuclear.

You seem to overestimate the Russians and are, obviously, poorly informed about what they have and their capabilities.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
Well this has to be the best dressed for combat self defense force in the world.

Interesting answers when asked where they are from.

As I said previously this isn't about the Ukraine army and how professional they look so why do you keep going there?

I don't care what side he is on but if he has dirty hands, can fix the equipment then I will take him and his equipment on my side and anyone else can keep the $20m tanks, brass buttons and big smiley faces.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

You are aware that the pencil/pen thing is a myth right?

No one in their right mind would use a pencil in microgravity as bits of graphite floating around and getting into the workings of the capsule would be A Bad Thing.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

The USA might be winning the Drone wars (Will soon be flying over all our city's watching us) but I am not sure anyone can say they have won any space wars.

Sadly, if Putin persists in his madness, we may soon see that happen.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
So have you finished the "who has the bigges d****" contest?
Can we discuss the topic at hand or is this the "US has X and Russia has Y therefore they are best" thread?!

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason

Sorry Sunburn and not the S-300 but that does not make me poorly informed or anything else and Washington can spin all it wants about being behind Russia with the speed record for torpedo's but the facts remain the same.

Not to mention that the US managed to get quite a bit of info about this system back in 2000, so are quite well aware of it's capabilities.

Well yes our desert camel friends in Iran also help us to retrieve a US lost drone but you don't need to go back 15 years and they went one better than just paper plans

All these toys cost money but even with the USA spending more on the military (Tax payers being mugged) then the rest of the world combined it is still not in a position to win a major conflict with or without a sneak attack on China/Russia and is making the same mistakes as Germany did in WWII with the worlds best tanks at the time.

Them Patriot missiles kept missing the targets in Gulf war one so lets not pretend we can shoot anything out of the sky's and how much again did they each cost.

It comes down to money and the last time I looked the USA had more debt than anyone else in the world, is borrowing money from China and the american public simply won't keep buying cuts at home whilst the government pretends to be the un-elected policeman of the world without a phony war, you are witnessing a phony war with Putin in on the deal.

new topics

<< 395  396  397    399  400  401 >>

join