It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

TritonTaranis

mash3d
The only way out of this mess.
Ukraine gives up Crimea. Sucks but that's the new reality.

That's never going to happen

The allies never let Nazi Germany and hitler get away with it and they certainly won't let Russia get away with it

The allies ( excluding The U.S.S.R. of course) allowed the Soviets to annex most of Eastern Europe.
And yes, they got away with it.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

All this has been planned meticulosly

I don't know how you come to that conclusion, Since it was the likes of McCain stirring things up back in DEC with his visit there.

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Russia is now deployed in the Ukraine. Tanks, Troops transports, Helicopters...This is not posturing it is an invasion. They have captured key communications outlets, airfields, and surrounded military bases with troops and transports.

The problem is that the Ukraine will not seek outside intervention since this is an old long standing conflict. This creates the 'reason' that the West could step in for the greater good of all and if that was to occur, the SWHTF. Another region that could be strife with civil war. Not really good.

www.liveleak.com...

This is a very important Naval Port.

www.liveleak.com...

At the gates....

What are we going to do...sanction them? Face the facts that Russia has invaded a neighboring country and has an asset that I am sure is watching all we do from Cuba since we run the ME and Europoen and USSOCOM theaters in FL.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

In Lugansk, 50 Russian nationalists stormed the regional council

24tv.ua...

Subsequently, in response to the decision of the Luhansk Oblast Council of Deputies did not sign the resolution adopted by protesters, about 50 demonstrators stormed the building council: masked men with Russian flags and shields broke down gates and doors to the building and still got through to the regional council. In turn, members leave the building through the back door.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Does anyone else see that this action by Russia will/is leading to yet another Cold War? Maybe not entirely COLD this timer, either. I see a lot of nasty battles in Ukraine. I also see the Americans pushing their noses into other people problems (isn't that the American Way)? And leading to another arms race, and probably LOTS of world wide problems.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

British government ministers will stay away from Sochi Paralympics due to Ukraine crisis, UK PM David Cameron says - @Reuters

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

Crap. We might truly be on the edge of World War Three. As well as that, there is a treaty (sorry if anyone mentioned this before) that was signed in 1994, and if Russia and Ukraine do go to war, then the US and the UK will be forced to go to war against Russia. This could be it. Russia against the US and UK, and Ukraine. And who knows what other kinds of secret treaties and alliances there are. All sorts of countries could be dragged into this. I really never thought that the situation would get this serious.

la2

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

matafuchs
since we run the ME and Europoen and USSOCOM theaters in FL.

Who runs Europe? You will find that after the NSA debarcal, Europe is very distrusting of Washington, This issue is about fulfilling our international obligations, if the past week has showed anything it's how incredibly weak USA actually is currently.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Dolby_X
Just to put another source citing the defect

Ukraine navy chief says switches allegiance to Crimea pro-Russia authorities.
[AFP]

edit on 2-3-2014 by Dolby_X because: (no reason given)

Oopsss..

This is what you'd call a propaganda coup. The guy read the oath so fast i thought his head was going to explode.

Maybe this will have or already has has a snowball effect...

Maybe thats why the Russians have been very carefull in not engaging the Ukrainians in battle, just mexican stand off's.

They been told to hold until the army and navy decide what they want to do, and now they've seen the rest of Europe is just gonna sit and shout from the sidelines, maybe it's time to fall back in line.
America's left the Ukraine like they left the Syrian rebels...with nothing but promises.

edit on AM7Sun20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I agree. Unfortunately , a well trained, brilliant sociopath will take advantage of that "sanity". Pushing it to it's limits...and beyond.

Fear of consequence is the only restraint short of war.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ArbiterOfTheiPhones

Sit tight and lets not jump the gun

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Still no word from Asen?
Man im getting a bit worried......
The internet may be downed deliberately to stop news getting out that's not party-line propaganda and agitation.....
edit on 2-3-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

skelly1178
I also see the Americans pushing their noses into other people problems (isn't that the American Way)? And leading to another arms race, and probably LOTS of world wide problems.

By American I assume you mean the USA, but no I doubt the USA will do anything besides sanctions. The USA has enough problems of its own than to stick their nose into that conflict. I would hope that the citizens here would raise hell if any military action was even mentioned as a response for this situation.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
New head of Ukraine's navy 'defects' in Crimea

The newly appointed head of Ukraine's navy has sworn allegiance to the Crimea region, in the presence of its unrecognised pro-Russian leader.

Source:www.bbc.co.uk...

What and they appointed him not knowing his allegiance? That seems odd to me.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
So during the Cold War when Russian troops defected in there jets or boats or went AWOL

Does this mean the US can go invade Russia and then when those people swear aligence to the invading UN law breaking rules acting like hitler can claim part of Russia?

I don't think so ....

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I googled Crimea for a map just to see what is around it. I found that it is not so much a peninsula but more like an island. That being said there are only 2 main roads going in which would still be controlled by Ukraine. My guess is that Putiin's next move would be too move troops up along the Dnieper River on the east side, which pretty much gives Putin a natural border too split the country in half (the river runs right threw the Ukraine) and he then will be able supply Crimea easier by land. One more thing I see China getting some islands they wanted a while back. Just my 2 cents worth.
edit on 2-3-2014 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

la2

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TritonTaranis

This could get very interesting, how much of Ukraine would welcome Russian troops, is this simply a case of better the devil you know?

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

alldaylong

TritonTaranis

mash3d
The only way out of this mess.
Ukraine gives up Crimea. Sucks but that's the new reality.

That's never going to happen

The allies never let Nazi Germany and hitler get away with it and they certainly won't let Russia get away with it

The allies ( excluding The U.S.S.R. of course) allowed the Soviets to annex most of Eastern Europe.
And yes, they got away with it.

They didn't

I think that's quite obvious by what we're now witnessing

You can't oppress people and force them to swear allegiance while holding a gun to there heads and threatening to draw the world into ww3

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Tarzan the apeman.

I googled Crimea for a map just to see what is around it. I found that it is not so much a peninsula but more like an island. That being said there are only 2 main roads going in which would still be controlled by Ukraine. My guess is that Putiin's next move would be too move troops up along the Dnieper River on the east side, which pretty much gives Putin a natural border too split the country in half (the river runs right threw the Ukraine) and he then will be able supply Crimea easier by land. One more thing I see China getting some islands they wanted a while back. Just my 2 cents worth.
edit on 2-3-2014 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

All this is, to quote Shakespeare "Much ado about nothing".
The Eastern Ukraine want to seperatist..they will vote and become so, not the west's nor NATO's problem.
And there it will end, the only war will be of words.

Putin knows how far to go and what buttons to, or not to, press. Russia maybe a bear, but it has the head of a fox.

Ukraine is probably better off under Russia than under a muppet government held in place by the USA and the EU.

Just my 2 cents..
edit on AM7Sun20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Y'all gobblin' this stuff up, like Thanksgiving dinner. Careful what cha wish for. This lazy generation is hardly prepared.

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join