It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 383
<< 380  381  382    384  385  386 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
From the West's perspective its not that they are scared to fight Russia but its more of weighing the risks, action vs the cause. World War III over Ukraine? It aint happening. All the warmongers keep saying that these countrie want WWIII well if they did here's their chance to make a mountain out of mole hill if they wanted to but they are not. It looks to me like the West doesnt want WWIII and if they do, they certainly arent jumping at the chance to start it over Ukraine. Its not worth it.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: princeofpeace

Why is it improbable WWIII could be started over Ukraine?

WWI started over an assassination of Arch Duke Francis Ferdinand.
WWII started because of appeasement and not wanting to get involved in Hitler's expansion.

A war over Ukraine may very well spare humanity a 3rd world war.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Because the West wont even give Ukraine night vision goggles? I dont exactly see them itching to get involved in this. Ukraine isnt a NATO country either. NATO didnt exist during WWI or WWII. The geopolitics and war calculus has changed a LOT since then. The issues that touched off those two World Wars wouldnt even cause a spark now.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: princeofpeace The issues that touched off those two World Wars wouldnt even cause a spark now.

yet it has

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Russia has played it well so far.

Geneva declaration makes them look good.

However, separatists are not going to disarm and dislodge from buildings, instead they will build on in numbers and resources.

If Kiev cracks down, there will be fighting.

Even small intensity, called a civil war and Russia intervenes out of compulsion. It does not make them look bad.

Referendum occurs in many places and these become free or join Russia.

Its due to aggressive US policies that Europe is getting into mess. Soon Europe will ask US to calm down for more peace.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Preparations for seperatist rallies in Odessa

While #Tymoshenko smarm Akhmetov&PartyOfRegion, Kyvalov prepare separatist's rally in #Odessa facebook.com/BoycotteInUkra… pic.twitter.com/DwHZbwP9f1

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: asen_y2k
Preparations for seperatist rallies in Odessa

While #Tymoshenko smarm Akhmetov&PartyOfRegion, Kyvalov prepare separatist's rally in #Odessa facebook.com/BoycotteInUkra… pic.twitter.com/DwHZbwP9f1

Asen, you previously said that a year ago Ukraine was a peaceful country. Is there not a mindset among some Ukrainians (ethnic or otherwise) that a lot of this provocation leading to the Svoboda Party taking power has a lot to do with US/western intervention/instigation?

Or at this point does it not matter to them?

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
U.S. ground troops going to Poland, defense minister says

Poland and the United States will announce next week the deployment of U.S. ground forces to Poland as part of an expansion of NATO presence in Central and Eastern Europe in response to events in Ukraine. That was the word from Poland’s defense minister, Tomasz Siemoniak, who visited The Post Friday after meeting with Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel at the Pentagon on Thursday.

But the defense minister also said that any immediate NATO response to Russian aggression in Ukraine, while important, matter less than a long-term shift in the defense postures of Europe and America. The United States, having announced a “pivot” to Asia, needs to “re-pivot” to Europe, he said, and European countries that have cut back on defense spending need to reverse the trends.

Although it doesn't specify how many U.S. ground forces..

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
How many world wars have we had since WWII?

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: princeofpeace The issues that touched off those two World Wars wouldnt even cause a spark now.

yet it has

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: princeofpeace
How many world wars have we had since WWII?

originally posted by: Xcathdra

yet it has

None thanks to NATO.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Yeah why would you need World War when you have Nato to do all atrocities instead

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: zilebeliveunknown
Yeah why would you need World War when you have Nato to do all atrocities instead

Is that really the best you can do to defend Russia and their illegal actions. Really and the Russian bombings killing civilians were what weapons practice? Ever heard of the saying people who live in glass houses shouldnt throw stones. I will say at least when NATO did it they were trying to stop ethnic cleansing Russia on the other hand was trying to stop people from choosing there own govt and leaving Russia. You know like Crimea that now Russia thinks its ok as long as its not a region trying to leave them than its all about killing civilians. Though i am going to laugh when again regions of Russia want there own autonomy because next time the west has an excuse to get involved you know protect the rights of those people should be interesting.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr
I'm not defending anyone.
Nato is a criminal organization and needs to be dismantled, one way or the other.
Nothing good comes out of it.
It's because of you warmongers this world is in a huge mess. Trust me, when the first bomb to be dropped in your vicinity, I bet you'd be the first to start crying.
And before spewing disinfo provided by your handlers, educate yourself on the fact how many civilians Nato has killed and compare it to other numbers.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Nato is a criminal organization and needs to be dismantled, one way or the other.
It's because of you warmongers this world is in a huge mess. Trust me, when the first bomb to be dropped in your vicinity, I bet you'd be the first to start crying.
And before spewing disinfo provided by your handlers, educate yourself on the fact how many civilians Nato has killed and compare it to other numbers.

NATO is not a criminal organization. It has been a good balance to keep peace and stop communism from further expanding and tormenting the basic rights and normal progress of the human societies.

However, organizations like these can act more responsibly and not encroach upon and provoke other powers. Such actions will disrupt peace for sure.

This regime change tactics of the west, probably employed to help people...........is not working. It has ended up in disturbing the calm in several countries and thrown many others into outright civil wars.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

On the contrary. NATO has more than proven their irrelevance in this case.

All talk, little action. No real collective resolve.... Is it any wonder that Putin not only seen the irrelevance, but also the weakness in the west as an irresistible opportunity?

At best, NATO is irrelevant. The USA weak and hypocritical. We can invade and kill to protect and project our interests whenever and wherever we want.... Russia?... No! We will not tollerate it.

Hitler would have been able to conquer the world if this had been his time....

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I do not see that Geneva declaration can bring any goods to Ukraine problems.

Both parties, in Junta in Kiev and Protestors in East, have to disarm.

When talking about Junta in Kiev, organizations like Right Sector, Svoboda and others have to go out of function also.
These organizations cannot force common people to vote for their sides.

That is the fair way of doing things for everyone's interests.

If such actions are not taken, then Ukraine will go further into chaos and mayhem of sorts.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Ok ill play let me ask this whats criminal about a group of countries agreeing to protect one another if attacked? Bottom line thats what NATO is an organization formed to protect its members its run by all the members through voting .Now if you want to see civilians being murdered i suggest look into what's going on in the caucuses by the russian federation.Heres a good place to start.

en.wikipedia.org...-10

Now the irony is these people want the same thing as Crimea to be an independent state and get out the russian federation. Oddly ok in Crimea bad in Russia funny how that works isnt it? Little does Crimea know there is no changinging your mind there now part of Russia and Putin would kill them all if they tried to leave.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Bottom line is that Nato is known for killing civilians. Period.

Now that you mentioned Chechenya, let me ask you what are we going to do with these regions in Europe who want independance: Catalonia, Basque country, Veneto region, Northern Epirus, South Tyrol, Corsica, Sardinia etc etc???
Would you give them independance or let them merged with their home countries???

Whole Europe is a frecking time bomb waiting to explode.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
U.S. ground troops going to Poland, defense minister says

Poland and the United States will announce next week the deployment of U.S. ground forces to Poland as part of an expansion of NATO presence in Central and Eastern Europe in response to events in Ukraine. That was the word from Poland’s defense minister, Tomasz Siemoniak, who visited The Post Friday after meeting with Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel at the Pentagon on Thursday.

But the defense minister also said that any immediate NATO response to Russian aggression in Ukraine, while important, matter less than a long-term shift in the defense postures of Europe and America. The United States, having announced a “pivot” to Asia, needs to “re-pivot” to Europe, he said, and European countries that have cut back on defense spending need to reverse the trends.

Although it doesn't specify how many U.S. ground forces..

Russia isnt going to like that they threatened before to bomb NATO in poland. The question becomes whats the motive behind it? Is poland really that scared that there demanding ground troops? I know they wanted extra security thus more planes were added to poland but must admit surprised that they would want troops.But as i feared the most Russia caused paranoia in Europe and now just watch the money fly into the militaries. Thats the real shame money thrown into buying weapons could have so many other uses.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Bottom line is that Nato is known for killing civilians. Period.

Now that you mentioned Chechenya, let me ask you what are we going to do with these regions in Europe who want independance: Catalonia, Basque country, Veneto region, Northern Epirus, South Tyrol, Corsica, Sardinia etc etc???
Would you give them independance or let them merged with their home countries???

Whole Europe is a frecking time bomb waiting to explode.

Ok first catalonia is an autonomous region they have there own independence. The Basque same thing they are an autonomous region. And Corsica isnt unhappy with being french they are having whats called a cultural issue. They think they're losing their culture. In the late 70s France gave them more say in the local government and we havnt heard a thing since. Europe for the most part is very stable except for the former Soviet Bloc countries so to solve that problem is simple Russia needs to leave them alone to work it out not send in troops like its done in the past and of course now as well.

top topics

<< 380  381  382    384  385  386 >>

join