It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 382
<< 379  380  381    383  384  385 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
So put all the info in one place, Russian saboteurs are arriving in Odessa, Zaporizhia and Kharkiv.
This weekend is easter weekwend and the main celebrations are on Sunday, Sunday and Monday is a holiday. So lets see what happens.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Russian saboteurs come out en masse to Odessa

Today in Odessa mass travel Russian saboteurs. Ride the usual regular buses from St. Petersburg and Stop right at anti-maidan where they are happily welcomed. Ride the bus at the bus packs. Police working for them. No one stopped and did not check. Local staff "Board of Public Safety," he can not manage to tog at police as they interfere. Borders for commandos opened completely. I think that one of these days there is expected East scenario. Information from direct witnesses of our Square

edit on 18/4/14 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Defence Ministry UA ‏@DefenceUA · 4m
#NATO sent 5 warships to Baltic Sea to bolster Eastern European allies defence. www.facebook.com... … |DefenceUA pic.twitter.com/1XYJ4Lzn0E

In a different article posted somewhere in this thread they talked about NATO vessels in the Black Sea. The recent deployment came with the comment that those vessels will remain in the Black Sea indefinitely for the time being. That action, as Russia has complained to Turkey, violated the Montreux Convention.

Since they are deployed under NATO, and NATO has member states that border the Black Sea (including Turkey)....
edit on 18-4-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
This whole thing is taking one crazy turn after the other every day. We got used to this nowadays and thus does not appear shocking, but just imagine if I knew all of this would happen in advance one year back, i would have been shocked. Ukraine was a peaceful country, stable one. Now NATO mobilizing, fighting in the east, Russian army at the border. Its shocking to step back and take it in.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Except that in reality none of this means anything. NATO has already conceded Ukraine to Russia. Russia can fully annex all of Ukraine and nothing will be militarily. The ONLY way any of this gets out of hand is if Russia invades or threatens and actual NATO member country and im sure they will stop well short of that.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Another town appears to have fallen to pro-Russian protesters, Seversk:

Hans de Vreij @hdevreij #Ukraine: the location of the latest 'conquest', #Seversk. Yes, along a railroad line #shapingthebattlefield pic.twitter.com/oak4tvZyfJ

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: asen_y2k

The situation is a circular argument. Each side is going to justify their actions based on the actions of the opposite side.

E. European countries joined NATO because of Soviet occupation after WWII. Russia doesn't want NATO on its doorstep and undertakes actions that will guarantee a NATO presence.

Delving into the conspiracy realm could the war on terror be replaced with this?

ETA - If "local groups" (Pro Russian) are being led by Russian military then does it matter how force is applied? Would it not be taken as an armed invasion by Russia?

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I have to say that I admire the restraint shown by the Ukrainian Military. Try to drag one of my friends into the street and I would start shooting.....

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mamatus
I have to say that I admire the restraint shown by the Ukrainian Military. Try to drag one of my friends into the street and I would start shooting.....

Their restraint is purely out of fear of the Russian army across the border.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Delving into the conspiracy realm could the war on terror be replaced with this?

I would have to say NO. The war on terror keeps our rights and freedoms at a minimum. The war on terror won't be replaced. They may just pile this conflict on top of it - War on Terror + Evil Russia.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: asen_y2k

At what point does the realization occur when people are faced with military invasion / occupation or occupation by proxy? Where does the point arrive where the people say no more?

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I get the same feeling from this side of the pond. Fighting back may be certain death for them. Very sad situation. Russia has won this round. It is very weird watching an entire nation essentially give up to Russia.

Completely off topic but guns being so tightly controlled int eh Ukraine may not have been a good thing for it's citizens.

edit on 18-4-2014 by Mamatus because: added content.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

At what point does the realization occur when people are faced with military invasion / occupation or occupation by proxy? Where does the point arrive where the people say no more?

Ukrainians know very well that they have zero chance against the Russian army, they are hoping against hope that the west will interfere to protect its territorial integrity. That is in my opinion one of the reasons the ministry of defence just opened a FB page in english and all the english twitter accounts which come out of Ukraine. All the protests in front of the Russian embassies in foreign countries organised by Ukrainians. They are making a huge effort to gain the western public support thinking they will pressure their government into acting.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I hope it works.

ETA -

NATOSource ‏@NATOSource · 22s
NATO spokeswoman Oana Lungescu: Accusations "complete nonsense" since Rasmussen never wore a Dictaphone to meetings.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I get the same feeling from this side of the pond. Fighting back may be certain death for them. Very sad situation. Russia has won this round. It is very weird watching an entire nation essentially give up to Russia.

Completely off topic but guns being so tightly controlled int eh Ukraine may not have been a good thing for it's citizens.

Guns were not very tightly controlled, i knew quite a few gun owners here before the crisis started.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

But looks like only sanctions are what they will do. As Obama promised no leathal military aid and no military actions against Russia.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

a reply to: Xcathdra

But looks like only sanctions are what they will do. As Obama promised to leathal military aid and no military actions against Russia.

When the only thing allowing our Commander in Chief to stand upright is the starch in his shirt its not a surprise. I just think its sets a dangerous precedent while at the same time telling Putin take more.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

www.atlanticcouncil.org...

Danish newspaper Politiken, however, later ran an interview with documentary filmmaker Christoffer Guldbrandsen, who directed a film called "Fogh — Behind the Façade." The decade-old film profiled Mr. Rasmussen when he was Danish prime minister, and features a recorded exchange with Mr. Putin.

Mr. Gulbrandsen, a journalist with Danish public broadcaster DR, told Politiken that his subject was indeed wearing a microphone when he met with Mr. Putin in Brussels in 2002. Mr. Rasmussen was wearing the microphone to be heard during a meeting with journalists, and he didn't take it off when he later met with Mr. Putin. . . .

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

zerohedge @zerohedge Russia Confirms Troop Build-Up Near Ukraine; Warns West, More Sanctions "Absolutely Unacceptable" tinyurl.com/ny7zdzz 52 mins ago 37 retweets | 3 replies

Looks like warning, if there are more sanctions, we have no option other than to invade.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I have never advocated messing around with someone else's Country. Pissed about Iraq, Afghanistan yet somehow I feel like this is one promise I would not mind seeing Obama break. Teh West should always stand up to Russia's agression towards it's neighbors.

Not doing so shows the Russians that they are in a position of power. Few things scarier than an empowered Putin.....

new topics

top topics

<< 379  380  381    383  384  385 >>

join