It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 370
<< 367  368  369    371  372  373 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Springer
reply to post by Rosinitiate

Very... Well... Said... in my personal opinion.

How did we arrive at this dilemma though?

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

dragonridr

cosmonova
while west is playing dumb and ignoring what is really happening in Ukraine, thanks God we have internet and video clips showing the reality. In this clip you can see that National Guard or army leftovers (who knows who are these people) is having trouble passing through almost everywhere in east and south part of Ukraine.
People blocking roads, protesting, stopping convoys.
My friends this is Peoples Psy Ops. No wonder army personnel is changing sides.
Apart from right wing extremists who came there disguised as army personnel who else would go against people?
Must be extremely hard to keep being motivated in situations like this.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

I do not know how long west is going to push for this failed policy in Ukraine but they must be quite desperate
for some reason trying to prove us that black is not black but rather white, red or blue.
edit on 16-4-2014 by cosmonova because: (no reason given)

Yeah no ones buying it anymore see UN transcripts or the release of the records showing Russia is creating the situation again posted earlier. This conflict is being created bt Russia so they can annex Ukraine. Those people out there protesting are doing so because Russian lies and manipulation.

Read this its not from RT so you probably didnt see it.
www.nytimes.com...
edit on 4/16/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

lol who cares what corrupted bureaucrats from UN think?
Has anyone of them been there? I bet you they watch these clips as well and get nervous thinking how to fight it.
People living there are the one to listen and see. Period. Hey isn't it what democracy is all about? No?
As I said thanks God for internet and we can all see first hand what is really going on in there.
Lol pure comedy gold.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Xcathdra

cosmonova
while west is playing dumb and ignoring what is really happening in Ukraine, thanks God we have internet and video clips showing the reality. In this clip you can see that National Guard or army leftovers (who knows who are these people) is having trouble passing through almost everywhere in east and south part of Ukraine.

If you don't know who these people are then you really don't know what's happening in Ukraine.
If you don't know who these people are then there is a chance they are not National Guard units.

Military Travel is always problematic when the enemy hides among the civilians.

What enemy? What are you talking about?
This is people against self-proclaimed government backed by US Government and CIA
who are losing this war or whatever you are going to call it.
This is people's resistance.
I would feel ashamed siting on those tanks and looking at my people yelling at me and not supporting me.
What a disaster. Anyway how is 'massive anti-terrorist campaign' going on? Do you think these army convoys
will reach where they are supposed to go any time soon at this pace? Or whatever is going to be left of those convoys?
lol.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

cosmonova

Russia since they are also members and were at the meeting. They also called one of the recent meetings on Ukraine. Try to dismiss the UN all you want but even Russia is a still a member so apparently they have a different view of the UN that you do.

cosmonova
Has anyone of them been there?

Yes - research the meetings and who has visited Ukraine.

cosmonova
I bet you they watch these clips as well and get nervous thinking how to fight it.

Yes you do.

cosmonova
People living there are the one to listen and see. Period.

Only if they are Ethnic Russians. If they are not then they are threatened and told to keep quiet. This is evident un Ukraine as the UNHRC pointed out and its evident in the E and South of Ukraine where masked men have seized several cities, removing the elected officials and appointing themselves to speak without being elected.

That's a coup by the way.

When you state they need to listen to the people, please clarify your comment by being truthful and including only ethnic Russians when you state people.

cosmonova
Hey isn't it what democracy is all about? No?

Often times in a Democracy the other person wins. In this case that result is not being accepted and they instead said screw the vote, we didn't get what we want, so screw the Ukrainian constitution, we will take what we want, we will remove the elected city officials and appoint leaders who will give us ethnic Russians what we want. Then the Pro Russian demand to join Russia, while rigging the election.

So no that's not called a democracy... Its called Russia.

cosmonova
As I said thanks God for internet and we can all see first hand what is really going on in there.
Lol pure comedy gold.

After seeing the Russians try to spin this story is in fact comedy gold.
edit on 16-4-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

cosmonova

Xcathdra

cosmonova

If you don't know who these people are then you really don't know what's happening in Ukraine.
If you don't know who these people are then there is a chance they are not National Guard units.

This is people against self-proclaimed government backed by US Government and CIA
I would feel ashamed siting on those tanks and looking at my people yelling at me and not supporting me.
What a disaster. Anyway how is 'massive anti-terrorist campaign' going on? Do you think these army convoys
will reach where they are supposed to go any time soon at this pace? Or whatever is going to be left of those convoys?
lol.

Read your post, read my response. Its all included and easy to follow. Quit trying to avoid your own pitfall.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

cosmonova

dragonridr

cosmonova
People blocking roads, protesting, stopping convoys.
My friends this is Peoples Psy Ops. No wonder army personnel is changing sides.
Apart from right wing extremists who came there disguised as army personnel who else would go against people?
Must be extremely hard to keep being motivated in situations like this.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

I do not know how long west is going to push for this failed policy in Ukraine but they must be quite desperate
for some reason trying to prove us that black is not black but rather white, red or blue.

Yeah no ones buying it anymore see UN transcripts or the release of the records showing Russia is creating the situation again posted earlier. This conflict is being created bt Russia so they can annex Ukraine. Those people out there protesting are doing so because Russian lies and manipulation.

Read this its not from RT so you probably didnt see it.
www.nytimes.com...
edit on 4/16/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

Has anyone of them been there? I bet you they watch these clips as well and get nervous thinking how to fight it.
People living there are the one to listen and see. Period. Hey isn't it what democracy is all about? No?
Lol pure comedy gold.

Well at least your improving you didnt call them nazi sympathizer, See The UN are representatives of world governments so i guess your saying Russia doesnt care about other countries. Which seems to be evident in the way they treat there neighbors but that aside for a minute. You do realize the UN have people there in eastern Ukraine so to answer your question yes they are there and yes there talking to people. See all you see on RT is people who are from Russia stiring up locals with tales of doom. Luckily most people in the area isnt fooled thats why Rusia cant have this go to referendum like crimea. Unless he rigs the vote which is unlikely with the UN being there.

Bottom line you need some new propaganda Russia has been exposed to the entire world and everyone knows they are creating a fake civil war. As the french ambassador said no one here is buying it.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Xcathdra

cosmonova

Xcathdra

cosmonova

lol.

Read your post, read my response. Its all included and easy to follow. Quit trying to avoid your own pitfall.

All I see in your posts are frustrations and lack of willingness to accept reality and events we are witnessing in these clips.
You can back corrupted bureaucrats intimidated by White House and I will back the will of people intimidated by no one.
Not by tanks, not by planes, not by self-imposed government in Kiev.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
General Krutov who is in command of the comedy gold called 'Anti-Terrorist' campaign almost paid ultimate price when
faced people yesterday.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmonova

You forgot to add Ethnic Russian.

Embassy of Poland US ‏@PolishEmbassyUS · 5h
Join us tomorrow 12.30 at @AtlanticCouncil: #PL Min of Def @TomaszSiemoniak will speak on post-#Ukraine Euro security www.atlanticcouncil.org...

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 38m
#Russian media calls them protesters,while they're well armed,equipped militia, who don't actually protest @JerryPopowicz |PR News #Ukrsine

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 2m
“#Obama warns of new sanctions on #Russia but downplays chance of war” @peterbakernyt @usukraine | PR Post #Ukraine

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

cosmonova
You can back corrupted bureaucrats intimidated by White House and I will back the will of people intimidated by no one.
Not by tanks, not by planes, not by self-imposed government in Kiev.

Surely you can't be referring to anyone in Eastern Ukraine. You must be from another planet.. Are you one of these 'little green men' that I've been hearing so much about?

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

cosmonova
General Krutov who is in command of the comedy gold called 'Anti-Terrorist' campaign almost paid ultimate price when
faced people yesterday.

www.youtube.com...

So your trying to tell us ethnic Russians are violent? not sure of your point here didnt look to me like he was the least bit worried though did see alot of camera phones maybe thats what you meant someone was going to take his picture right.See again your hyping up an incident to achieve your objective whatever that may be. Luckilt here on ATS were pretty good at tellingwhen people are less than honest with the facts. Being nice any way Thanks for the post it goes to show that not all pro russians carry around AK 100s flak jackets and don masks its refreshing.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
And for those in denial that nazi ideology is an issue in Ukraine, please have a look at this.
In this clip, Ukrainians dressed in Waffen SS uniforms trudge through trenches and fire model rifles in a reconstruction of a key battle against the Soviets during World War II. An priest leads a ceremony for fallen soldiers of the Nazi German unit, sprinkling his blessing over several men sporting swastikas who lower a coffin in a ritual reburial.

The scenes were part of commemorations of soldiers, many Ukrainian nationalists — along with a smattering of hardcore ultra-rightists — hail as heroes. The men they are honoring belonged to the SS Galician division, a Nazi German military unit made up mostly of Ukrainians, which fought Soviet troops during World War II.

And this is not 1941, this happened in 2013, in Ukraine.

Member of Svoboda Party, who was also a member of Ukrainian Parliament was there to give a speech. Awesome.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Haha while the West twiddles their thumbs Russia has already invade Eastern Ukraine with soldiers. End of this video shows Lt. Colonel of Russian Army.
youtu.be...

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
EU spy chief rules out Russian military presence in Ukraine – 04.16.14

'There is no large Russian military presence in East Ukraine, head of EU intelligence, Commodore Georgij Alafuzoff, has said. The spy chief has dismissed multiple accusations from the West alleging Russian involvement in the unrest in the region.
In an interview with Finnish national news broadcaster, Yle, Alafuzoff said the Russian military had nothing to do with the seizing of government buildings in eastern Ukraine.
“In my opinion, it’s mostly people who live in the region who are not satisfied with the current state of affairs,” said Alafuzoff, referring to the situation in East Ukraine. He went on to say that the people are worried for the welfare of those who speak Russian as their first language in the region.'

x22report.com...

well straight from the mouth of EU Intelligence boss.

Comments?

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

GreenMtnBoys
Haha while the West twiddles their thumbs Russia has already invade Eastern Ukraine with soldiers. End of this video shows Lt. Colonel of Russian Army.
youtu.be... [/quote

You do realize the worst thing that could have happened to Russia was the exposure that they are behing the unrest in Ukraine dont you.Thats why the UN let Russia have it today and is making plans to help with elections. This destroys the Russian narrative that there the good guys in this turns out they have been caught with their hands in the cookie jar. This will indeed give NATO the provocation to take further actions strengthening countries around Russia. The EU has signed a treaty with Ukraine to help with there security again reason for troops to hit the ground most likely germany and UK. This destroyed there credibility with the UN putting there membership with the UN in jeopardy of possible suspension. And this guarantees the next round of sanctions and Russias still reeling from the first threatening to go to the WTO and sue. All an all this was a bad deal for Russia in fact i was reading an article that apparently there finance minister was warning they cant even keep the promises they made to Crimea. Which means no govt money and no options to export goods. Crimeans are in serious trouble even there credit cards wont work. There stuck with ATM transactions and they have no one to fill them because the local banks cant do currency exchanges and capital has been frozen. They have shut the water off to the area because they wont allow the water dept into crimea. Expect electricity next Russia brought in some emergency generators but that isnt going to be enough.

I actually feel sorry for Crimea they wanted things better and now they're going to get much worse.By the end of next month theyll be ready to kill Putin themselves for the broken promises.I guess the Tatars have the right idea they are leaving Crimea like was in the UN report thyll be better off.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Got to love RT and how it manipulates what people say -

Here is the original information as reported by the Swedish news site who conducted the interview -

The EU's Intelligence Director: Russia does not have the asemoitunut military force in Ukraine

Translated by Bing

The EU military staff intelligence officer Georgiy Alafuzoff is not that it is likely that the disturbances would be included in the Eastern Ukraine, Russian special forces in the same way as the earlier Crimean events. Alafuzoffin, it is about the individual people.

– In the Eastern Ukraine does not have large amounts of Russian soldiers or people. But it is clear that the initiatives of the Russian vapaaehtosia, itself, is in an area which for sure. They are worried about its citizens, Russian native speakers. I don't think, however, that Russia would still be strong militarily, at the moment, there in asemoitunut, says Alafuzoff.

According to Alafuzoffin, the power of the meetings would be attended mainly local people.

– Essentially, I believe that there are people who are in the area permanently, living there and are just unhappy with the cost, Alafuzoff notes.

Alafuzoff justifies the view, inter alia, on the fact that the territory has not been seen in the clear military action.

In his opinion.

The EU's intelligence Chief: Russia's interest is not to go to the Ukraine

While he has an EU position for intelligence, only a few EU members supply intelligence information into that system.

Also he never said Russia did not have anyone in Ukraine...

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Xcathdra

Got to love RT and how it manipulates what people say -

Here is the original information as reported by the Swedish news site who conducted the interview -

The EU's Intelligence Director: Russia does not have the asemoitunut military force in Ukraine

Translated by Bing

The EU military staff intelligence officer Georgiy Alafuzoff is not that it is likely that the disturbances would be included in the Eastern Ukraine, Russian special forces in the same way as the earlier Crimean events. Alafuzoffin, it is about the individual people.

– In the Eastern Ukraine does not have large amounts of Russian soldiers or people. But it is clear that the initiatives of the Russian vapaaehtosia, itself, is in an area which for sure. They are worried about its citizens, Russian native speakers. I don't think, however, that Russia would still be strong militarily, at the moment, there in asemoitunut, says Alafuzoff.

According to Alafuzoffin, the power of the meetings would be attended mainly local people.

– Essentially, I believe that there are people who are in the area permanently, living there and are just unhappy with the cost, Alafuzoff notes.

Alafuzoff justifies the view, inter alia, on the fact that the territory has not been seen in the clear military action.

In his opinion.

The EU's intelligence Chief: Russia's interest is not to go to the Ukraine

While he has an EU position for intelligence, only a few EU members supply intelligence information into that system.

Also he never said Russia did not have anyone in Ukraine...

Even though that Bing translation is a horror you can still pick up what he said. I do not see how it is different from the link I posted? At least with my link we can read in plain english.
Care to elaborate?

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Once those army forces side with people everything change completely.
As we have seen previously, people are blocking roads, stopping convoys, annoying members of army forces,etc..
Once they deflect and side with people we have different story.
People are greeting them, talking to them, taking photos...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
more army forces siding with people, they are leaving ammunition and leaving the places.
People cheering.

man in charge saying he is not fighting against people for those in Kiev

www.youtube.com...

after that they left all ammunition

www.youtube.com...

I might be wrong but seems to me that these poor guys,the real army not national guard/right sector, had no idea about the situation they would face.
They were probably told stories about imaginary terrorists they are going to fight and then reality check. There is no terrorists, only unhappy people who do not recognize self-imposed government and want changes.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenMtnBoys

There are reports that appeared in these past few days, after that video was shot, that state that the "Russian colonel" addressing those police officers is just a local crime boss and not an actual colonel of the Russian army and was discussed here a few pages back.

top topics

<< 367  368  369    371  372  373 >>

join