It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 359
<< 356  357  358    360  361  362 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Fresh info, although not officially confirmed:

ConflictBreakingNews @MiddleEast_BRK The Ukrainian army says, it did not kill, but capture "several" separatists during the storm on #Kramatorsk air field yesterday.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Dimitry Tymchuk, via Google Translate:

Operational data group "Information Resistance" Head of Russian sabotage group Slovyansk Igor Gunmen identified as an officer of the 45th Regiment separate special-purpose Russian Airborne Troops . Besides this Russian military part , to our knowledge , on the Ukrainian territory are sabotage and reconnaissance groups ( DRGs ) 2- ​​th separate brigade of special purpose GRU Armed Forces. Also contain information on the presence of the Donbas DRG another part of the Russian Spetsnaz GRU. These data we check . Russian saboteurs Slovyansk that night received a signal to retreat from the city. Ukrainian troops are taking measures to block Sloviansk to seize Russian servicemen. Currently, under the anti-terrorist operation conducted Ukrainian security forces in the Donbas , held "point" operations to neutralize the individual groups of extremists.

www.facebook.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   

cosmonova
So it is not the clip I posted?
You made derogative comment to my clip even though it might be related to something else. Well no surprise there.

LOL - really? Your going to make this comment and try to claim some moral high ground after you made the comment that everyone who attacked the Pro Russian guy are "Nazi thugs".

Ironic being I asked you to support your claim, which you failed to do.

cosmonova
Have not seen the clip your are talking about can you post a link?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Dutzy
Dimitry Tymchuk, via Google Translate:

Operational data group "Information Resistance" Head of Russian sabotage group Slovyansk Igor Gunmen identified as an officer of the 45th Regiment separate special-purpose Russian Airborne Troops . Besides this Russian military part , to our knowledge , on the Ukrainian territory are sabotage and reconnaissance groups ( DRGs ) 2- ​​th separate brigade of special purpose GRU Armed Forces. Also contain information on the presence of the Donbas DRG another part of the Russian Spetsnaz GRU. These data we check . Russian saboteurs Slovyansk that night received a signal to retreat from the city. Ukrainian troops are taking measures to block Sloviansk to seize Russian servicemen. Currently, under the anti-terrorist operation conducted Ukrainian security forces in the Donbas , held "point" operations to neutralize the individual groups of extremists.

www.facebook.com...

If this can be confirmed Russia is done. I wonder if this is the reason Russia is so hot on trying to get the UN to condemn Ukraine's actions?

I also wonder if Russia will, if confirmed, claim those captured officers as their own or try to somehow disassociate and try to blame them by stating they acted without authorization?
edit on 16-4-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

This is the second time I come across this piece of info. First I heard it was stated by deputy prime-minister Yarema at the funeral for the SBU captain killed in Sunday's actions outside Slavyansk.
It would make sense that the "self-defense" forces are part of said army division, because from info I can find on the internets about them they are a special purpose reconnaissance airborne unit.

I agree that it is interesting to watch Russia actions and statements on the issue, seeing as they have issued an order to the troops that they don't have on Ukrainian soil to temporarily retreat, but continue operations.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   
twitter link

Tweet says the following:

Army helicopters are circling over #Kramatorsk

Furthermore:

Voice of Russia article

"Nationalist chaos captures Ukraine again. What is happening indicates stubborn refusal of the Kiev authorities to establish the country much-needed dialogue with Ukrainian regions," notes the Foreign Ministry

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Further info released by Ukrainian SBU on the involvement of Russian intelligence services in Ukraine. translated with Google Translate.

tyzhden.ua...

" Found that " K " , 1981 born , resident of Zaporozhye region recruited Intelligence Agency officer BSF " I " and in March this year went to the Crimea to the instructions for provocation riots and terrorizing the local population in the Luhansk region. For execution of a criminal problem he had a subversive groups among residents of Zaporizhia. Moreover, they had to collect information on the size, location, driving directions units Ukraine to the south -east , in the first place - involved in anti-terrorist operations , "- said in message. At this time, the agent arrested , the question of bringing him to justice for high treason . Also SBU detained a citizen of Ukraine "O" that on the instructions of the Russian special services , 6-10 April , organized riots in Lugansk , accompanied by violence, pogroms , arson, enthusiasm administrative buildings. The attacker has established a channel to supply weapons to the participants riots and gave them instructions to continue terrorizing local residents and ways to counter law enforcement officials . For further instructions on the destabilization of the socio- political situation in Ukraine attacker tried to go to Russia to meet with his " curator " " Stryelkom ", known as a skilled worker CPD Armed Forces Igor Ivanovich Strelkov . SBU investigators initiated action under the relevant criminal proceedings. Recall that identified the head of the Security Service of the Russian commando group that terrorized the local population takes office buildings, destabilizing the social and political situation in the eastern regions of Ukraine. It appeared to be a citizen of an officer Spetsnaz GRU of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation Igor Strelkov .

Later edit: info also found in Ukrainian Pravda:

www.pravda.com.ua...
edit on Wedu3010514 by Dutzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

It was clear to me many months ago even before the current powers were in charge Ukraine needs free and safe elections. Molotov cocktails, masked militias and especially tanks are not going to resolve the very real problems Ukraine faces. The pro-western "chocolate oligarch" who is leading in the polls would surely be an improvement to the current rulers and I even believe the Russian side would agree on this. Competence and pragmatism is preferable to extremism under any circumstances.

edit on 16-4-2014 by john452 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Xcathdra

cosmonova
You made derogative comment to my clip even though it might be related to something else. Well no surprise there.

LOL - really? Your going to make this comment and try to claim some moral high ground after you made the comment that everyone who attacked the Pro Russian guy are "Nazi thugs".

cosmonova

Ignorance is a bliss they say, and you are a blissful man.
Pro Russian guy is a presidential candidate, who represent South and East of the country. That is the very reason for attack.
Right Sector is a nazi party, I have posted 2 links in regards to this attack. Right Sector involved. Obviously you are not interested to see them.
You seem to be offended with nazi thugs comment? Are you trying to tell us something?

Further to my claims, nazi thugs are ruling the streets of Kiev.
In this clip you can see their activites at memorial for those police officers killed in Maidan.
Attacking women and older people, no comment.
Who wants to live with these animals? I certainly would do everything to exterminate them.
But looks they are pride and joy of government in Kiev

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   
twitter link

unrest in the East of the country has spread further and is now reported from *20* cities and towns

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   
So...it looks like things are getting real in the Ukraine today:

twitter link 1

One of the six tanks of the Ukranian army that I just saw in #Kramatorsk that switched sides. Now w Russian flag.

Similar thing from another source:

twitter link 2

So pro-Russian unmarked militia now has armored troop carriers & are driving from Kramatorsk to Slaviansk.

What looks to be a video of said convoy:

edit on 16-4-2014 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: add more detail

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   

AnIntellectualRedneck

twitter link 1

One of the six tanks of the Ukranian army that I just saw in #Kramatorsk that switched sides. Now w Russian flag.

twitter link 2

So pro-Russian unmarked militia now has armored troop carriers & are driving from Kramatorsk to Slaviansk.

that is quiet interesting development

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Donetsk looks surprisingly quiet according to this clip.
Could it be calm before the storm?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   

cosmonova

AnIntellectualRedneck

twitter link 1

twitter link 2

Apparently youra little confused the twitter feed was talking about tanks and you post a video showing APCx in a convoy the two arent related obviously. As far as the picture of the Tank looks like its been mentioned its in Crimea.. Which makes more sense than one tank out of 6 just defecting but the other 5 tanks didnt have a problem with that anf just let them stroll away. Please really tanks dont roll around by themselves they have entire support units lots of people one tank isnt going to defect. The entire unit maybe but not one tank.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   

dragonridr

cosmonova

AnIntellectualRedneck

twitter link 1

twitter link 2

Apparently youra little confused the twitter feed was talking about tanks and you post a video showing APCx in a convoy the two arent related obviously. As far as the picture of the Tank looks like its been mentioned its in Crimea.. Which makes more sense than one tank out of 6 just defecting but the other 5 tanks didnt have a problem with that anf just let them stroll away. Please really tanks dont roll around by themselves they have entire support units lots of people one tank isnt going to defect. The entire unit maybe but not one tank.

I am tired of proving you wrong all the time my friend.
You are wrong, I did not post any video I was just commenting.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   

cosmonova

Xcathdra

cosmonova

cosmonova

Pro Russian guy is a presidential candidate, who represent South and East of the country. That is the very reason for attack.
Right Sector is a nazi party, I have posted 2 links in regards to this attack. Right Sector involved. Obviously you are not interested to see them.
You seem to be offended with nazi thugs comment? Are you trying to tell us something?

In this clip you can see their activites at memorial for those police officers killed in Maidan.
Who wants to live with these animals? I certainly would do everything to exterminate them.

www.youtube.com...

Had to save this for my last comment see you came in here you insinuate everyones either stupid or a nazi. Did you realize you actually employ the same exact tactics Hitler did? See to Hitler Jews were a menace they were subversive scum who attacked the germans. And in general undermined the government and stole power from the german people. Or in other words same stuff you do isnt it ironic that someone who displays such hatred of supposed Nazis uses there playbook? Now for your video what i saw was a bunch of college kids trying to make a scene if this is the Nazi party in Kiev than they can sleep safe and secure. Because from the look of things they could barely dress themselves much less form a political party a frat party maybe more likely. The other thing people acting like a fool on the street doesnt represent the government i can show you videos of Nazis walking around on the street of Russia. With Nazi symbols and beating people up on the streets are you saying Putin is a NAZI because there on the streets?

Look we all know why your here its cool but at least use some common sense when you post because the whole evil Nazi thing is truly irrelevant to the west weve seen Neo Nazis and consider them joke only in Russia is calling someone a Nazi an insult learn your audience. The west has absolutely no fear of Nazis there not the boogie man we dont worry there going to take over the world or that there satan. In the west there usually laughed at and are irrelevant the same as they are in Kiev, With the exception of that protest the other day where they went to jail.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Somewhat skeptical to the info that ukrainian soldiers simply passed to russian side.

Link below seems to detail info on how to take over military convoys or disrupt ukrainian army movements. If anyone with knowledge of russian/ukrainian language would make a decent translation, that would be greatly appreciated.

vk.com...

Later edit: twitter pic showing familiar faces from the "self-defense" forces on some of the military vehicles captured.

twitter.com...

Later edit 2: picture taken in Slavyansk during the weekend:

twitter.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   

cosmonova

dragonridr

cosmonova

AnIntellectualRedneck

twitter link 1

twitter link 2

Im still waiting for you to post anything proving anybody wrong you usually just go straight to insults because apparently you cant argue the points please return to your handler for retraining immediately.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   

dragonridr

cosmonova

dragonridr

cosmonova

AnIntellectualRedneck

twitter link 1

twitter link 2

Im still waiting for you to post anything proving anybody wrong you usually just go straight to insults because apparently you cant argue the points please return to your handler for retraining immediately.

backpedaling a bit? No worries, I would probably do the same.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   

dragonridr

cosmonova

Xcathdra

cosmonova

cosmonova

www.youtube.com...

Had to save this for my last comment see you came in here you insinuate everyones either stupid or a nazi. Did you realize you actually employ the same exact tactics Hitler did? See to Hitler Jews were a menace they were subversive scum who attacked the germans. And in general undermined the government and stole power from the german people. Or in other words same stuff you do isnt it ironic that someone who displays such hatred of supposed Nazis uses there playbook? Now for your video what i saw was a bunch of college kids trying to make a scene if this is the Nazi party in Kiev than they can sleep safe and secure. Because from the look of things they could barely dress themselves much less form a political party a frat party maybe more likely. The other thing people acting like a fool on the street doesnt represent the government i can show you videos of Nazis walking around on the street of Russia. With Nazi symbols and beating people up on the streets are you saying Putin is a NAZI because there on the streets?

Look we all know why your here its cool but at least use some common sense when you post because the whole evil Nazi thing is truly irrelevant to the west weve seen Neo Nazis and consider them joke only in Russia is calling someone a Nazi an insult learn your audience. The west has absolutely no fear of Nazis there not the boogie man we dont worry there going to take over the world or that there satan. In the west there usually laughed at and are irrelevant the same as they are in Kiev, With the exception of that protest the other day where they went to jail.

I am here for the very same reason you are in here, just opposite side. To discuss current events in Ukraine.
You do not like my point of view? Well tough love.

'US supports Neo-Nazis party Svoboda'
www.youtube.com...

'Neo Nazi march in Kiev' reminds of events in Germany in 1930', typical nazi ideology
www.youtube.com...

'Right Sector' Neo-Nazi meeting
www.youtube.com...

More of Neo-Nazi hatress speach
www.youtube.com...

I can keep going all day
as I said before, Ignorance is a bliss

new topics

top topics

<< 356  357  358    360  361  362 >>

join