It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 330
<< 327  328  329    331  332  333 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   
As resident ATS CIA trolls keep on blabbing about democracy, Ukraine has closed its borders to Russian journalists.

Over 20 Russian journalists banned from entering Ukraine — OSCE envoy

VIENNA, April 10. /ITAR-TASS/. More than 20 Russian journalists were not permitted to enter Ukraine to perform their professional duties, Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) Representative for the Freedom of Media Dunja Mijatovic told reporters on Thursday.

en.itar-tass.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I am not in a position to accuse McCain, Kerry and Nuland of anything but it should be clear to you that those three had major influence on events in Ukraine.

so don't say: "Russia started all this" because it is simply not true.

Russia is not the exactly the beacon of democracy, they are not the good guys; but neither is USA + Western minions.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   

I said: "strategically speaking"...

we could discuss what Russia could do if or if not but the situation is pretty much clear.

strategically, Russia has no choice.

Russia has proved to the world that its regional security and strategic positioning are critical factors quintessential to providing the depth and cushion necessary to properly defend Russia. This very same Russian zeal to establish an enduring presence in other geopolitically critical regions is also demonstrated by Russia’s ongoing support of the Assad regime and their activity at the Russian naval port in Tartus, Syria. Russia’s aggressive strategic posturing and activity regarding maritime transport and natural resources in the Arctic provide another prime example

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
are there any news about Blackwater/Greystone/ other mercenaries on the ground?

“Private contractors could be hired by NATO, or by Ukrainian government or by an intermediary. Anyone can hire Greystone, they operate covertly, they don’t identify themselves, and make money,” Chossudovsky said. “Considering that Ukraine’s security services show their obvious incompetence, foreign mercenaries are supposed to suppress the protests in the southeastern part of the country,” Korotchenko said.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Self identified Russian Colonel addresses Ukrainian police who have defected.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   

ProfessorT
Self identified Russian Colonel addresses Ukrainian police who have defected.

Correct, Russian speaking Ukrainians that refused criminal orders by CIA-Kiev usurpers to kill other Russian speakers.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorT

if they are pro Russia, want to join Russia and are ethnic Russians why does it have to mean "self identified Russian colonel" is Russian citizen?

maybe he is, maybe he is not.

I would like to see more evidence on this and also am not surprised or trying to deny strong possibility that there are Russian military experts, secret service and special forces there if this is true.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
what about this video?

I know it's not the newest, just to add to the speculations.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   

ProfessorT

@BSpringnote: Word coming that Ukrainian military has surrounded Slavyansk. Moment of truth if true
Of course, this gentleman is just a concerned citizen in Eastern Ukraine. There is overwhelming evidence that Russia has orchestrated the downfall of Eastern Ukraine and with the Ukrainian government proving impotent in their approach to the latest events I don't think anything can stop a full on invasion by Russia.
edit on 14-4-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

Man time to visit eye doctor

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by demus

Hey Demus. This may help some and does shed a little more light on the video that ProfessorT posted. I captured the link off the Euromaidan twitter feed and put it through Bing translate... so the translation is very hard to follow, but it may provide some more info for you:

pravda.c om.ua

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   

asen_y2k
Looks like a sudden news blackout. And internets acting all wierd.

I agree with you it is weird.
This is a link to live streams from different cities in eastern Ukraine and currently they are all offline which has never happened before
ukrstream.tv
edit on 14-4-2014 by cosmonova because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   

demus
what about this video?

I always find this video to be weird. Those army guys were running around for a couple minutes and they just disappeard.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   

demus

I am not in a position to accuse McCain, Kerry and Nuland of anything but it should be clear to you that those three had major influence on events in Ukraine.

Russia is not the exactly the beacon of democracy, they are not the good guys; but neither is USA + Western minions.

I'm not sure in what manner you think they have impacted the Ukraine issue?

John Kerry and Nuland are State Department, and as such they have conversations like the one released, just as other nations do, including the nation that released the phone conversation. The issue I have with that phone conversation is the same one I had with the phone conversation of the Estonian foreign minister. They are not placed into any type of context and can be spun, as we saw with Estonia.

McCain is a member of the Senate and a US citizen. He does not give up his right to voice his opinion on topics, nor does any other members of Congress. Is it rare to have US officials speak out like McCain did? Not really and history shows that. It just depends on what the situation is and the politics involved. The only note I would add would be generally you will have senior members of respective parties voicing their opinions as opposed to junior members, but that's the way it goes.

As to McCain and his comments coming across as undermining foreign policy of a sitting President? That's up to the voters but to date I have not seen the White House flip over his comments. Because of his background he is more vocal on military matters, whether it is international or the US military at home.

Also the longer you are in government the more contact you will have with foreign officials. Having meetings with foreign officials is a norm and the more times you are elected the more contacts you have and relationships form. While members of the House represent the people, the US Senate is the states representative in government. Aside from key areas reserved to the President / Executive, Senators as well as state reps will hold meetings on trade etc for their respective states.

Having people in the US give their opinion on government actions is an American pastime and is nothing new.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   

cosmonova

demus
what about this video?

I always find this video to be weird. Those army guys were running around for a couple minutes and they just disappeard.

that is what we saw in the video - them running around.
cannot make conclusions based on the clip but I was hoping some of the ATS experts on army uniforms and equipment will have something to say since they are able to identify Russians at the spot.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   

demus

At no point did any American call up Putin and give him and order to screw with Ukraine.
At no point did any American call up Putin and tell him to invade Ukraine.
At no point did any American call up Putin and tell him to Annex Crimea.
At no point did any American call up Putin and tell him to screw with the South and East Ukraine.

Every single escalation in force has been a direct result of Russian actions, not American, not the West, Not the EU and not NATO.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   

yeah, surely, picking the people who will be new Ukrainian government is all out of contest.(Nuland)

that is only one conversation and you can rest assured Kerry and McCain did some nasty things behind closed doors as well.

using same script all the time: preaching about democracy and human rights while serving private interests of the powerful in secrecy.

I have to admit it; they are doing their job well.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Xcathdra

demus

At no point did any American call up Putin and give him and order to screw with Ukraine.
At no point did any American call up Putin and tell him to invade Ukraine.
At no point did any American call up Putin and tell him to Annex Crimea.
At no point did any American call up Putin and tell him to screw with the South and East Ukraine.

Every single escalation in force has been a direct result of Russian actions, not American, not the West, Not the EU and not NATO.

of course they didn't.

that would be so un - American.

they have their ways.

the ways of democracy.

democracy in secrecy.

serving their masters - they are up to the task.

their means are covert.

good job guys!

one more country is DOWN!

(post by Yusomad removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by renden

Correct, Russian speaking Ukrainians that refused criminal orders by CIA-Kiev usurpers to kill other Russian speakers.

Please provide a copy of these orders so we can examine them for authenticity.

top topics

<< 327  328  329    331  332  333 >>

join