It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 311
<< 308  309  310    312  313  314 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Another building in Donetsk city itself has been siezed.

Euromaidan PR @EuromaidanPR BREAKING Separatists in #Donetsk has seized the MIA regional building.Police moved to their side (!) @ukrpravda_news | PR News #Ukraine 14 mins ago 19 retweets | 1 replies

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I thought the limit was total tonnage not ship numbers? I'd have to double check, I might be wrong. The 21 day thing is easily got round though, cycle all ships one day out and start the count again surely?

Couple this with Erdogan needing a big distraction at home, still blocking Youtube, the false flag leaked call...Turkey could be well up for this.

I think the blinking/backing down days have just ended.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Multiple people in #Sloviansk #Ukraine have confirmed that about 30 #Russian paratroopers arrived with special weaponry not used by police

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

asen_y2k
One thing I don't understand, why would they seize a police station in an unknown city? What is the strategic importance of that city?

In my view, Russia is attempting to create a political separation of the East from Kiev. This seizure is less the result of a desire to control strategic locations in the East, and more one of the high profile replacement of Eastern Ukrainian security forces with paramilitaries under Russian control to highlight (or to create the perception of) political realities.

The point is not that Eastern Ukrainian authorities are being overwhelmed by pro-Russians; there is the assumption that at least some of these 'takeovers' are coordinated with local authorities. Whether it is by coercion or cooperation is something else, but the perception that they are in Russia's pocket is what is important.

The significance of this city being that Russia had friends there, and can therefore take and hold locations without undue hassle and 'escalation'. Having said that, I would expect similar events elsewhere in due course. Another angle is that this forces the dispersal of the other side's resources; i.e. away from more significant locations in the East.

Also when I say 'political separation', I am referring to devolution. Personally I do not expect Russia to absorb Eastern Ukraine, or at least I do not think that this is what they want. I could well be wrong though. I think that your thread is fab, and that you and some others are doing sterling work, so I just wanted to add my two pennies. Keep it up!

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Russian checkpoint 25 miles outside Slovyansk

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Russian paratroopers in Slovyansk

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

Is it just me or does there seem to be something very wrong with this situation? I feel as if we are missing something.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Xcathdra

Is it just me or does there seem to be something very wrong with this situation? I feel as if we are missing something.

Not really, Lavrov just warned against Ukraine using force. Things are getting into perspective. Once Ukraine uses its army, tanks will roll into Ukraine, and Ukraine has no other choices at this moment. This is my general thinking.
edit on 12/4/14 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

asen_y2k
Not really, Lavrov just warned against Ukraine using force. Things are getting into perspective. Once Ukraine uses its army, tanks will roll into Ukraine, and Ukraine has no other choices at this moment. This is my general thinking.

A scenario I brought up in some other threads so no shock there and I share your thoughts.

I still have this nagging feeling we are missing a larger puzzle.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

#Kharkiv : Ukrainian Special Forces Sokol doesn't let pro-#Ukraine activists from #Kiev enter region to support #Ukraine unity, and severely beat them

Looks like no ones on the governments side.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Protestors gathered in front of #Donetsk city regional police HQ asking 4 resignation of head appointed by #Kiev in March pic.twitter.com/ht1ETT5sRX

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Xcathdra

asen_y2k

A scenario I brought up in some other threads so no shock there and I share your thoughts.

And look, Ukrainian Sokol special forces are beating up pro Ukrainians, police defecting, only thing left is to use the army, which I suspect will defect too. Putin can just walk upto Kiev.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Add Estonia

Over 100 people have rallied in the Estonian capital, Tallinn, near the Russian embassy in support of Crimea. Traditional Russian St. George’s ribbons were handed out by the organizers, while the protesters chanted: “Crimea was, is, and will be Russia,” “US hands off Ukraine,” and “Say NO to double standards!”

RT

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Haha
A fail from Russian televison.

A man who says he was injured in ongoing protests in Ukraine seems to have appeared on two Russian TV channels claiming to be two different people - a pro-Russia activist in one report and an anti-Russia protester in another.

In the first clip, aired on the state-run Rossiya 1 channel on Wednesday, a man calling himself Andrei Petkov is seen in a hospital bed complaining Ukrainian extremists attacked him and other peaceful protesters. One assailant demanded he remove his Russian St George's ribbon "before a bunch of girls chased him away", the man says.

But on the same day NTV, owned by Russia's Gazprom gas monopoly, showed a clip of what seems to be the same man - but with the slightly different name of Andrei Petkhov - saying he's a German citizen funding a training camp for radical right-wing anti-Russia activists. He seems to be wearing the same jersey and has the same bandaged nose in both reports.

www.bbc.com...

Somebody forgot that the actor had already played another role, the opposite one

edit on 12-4-2014 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

asen_y2k

Xcathdra

asen_y2k

And look, Ukrainian Sokol special forces are beating up pro Ukrainians, police defecting, only thing left is to use the army, which I suspect will defect too. Putin can just walk upto Kiev.

exactly, makes you wonder for who does Kiev government work for.
who is who.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

demus

asen_y2k

Xcathdra

asen_y2k

exactly, makes you wonder for who does Kiev government work for.
who is who.

I have no doubt Kiev gov works for western interest. They are messing things up badly and loosing.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Hans de Vreij @hdevreij #Ukraine: Chatter from #Slavyansk: "the anti-terrorrism operation begins" 23 mins ago 6 retweets |

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

During last 24 hours #Russian troops near #Ukraine eastern border conducted disposition and dispersal, disguised weapons&military equipment

Can someone please tell me what does disposition and dispersal means in a military context?

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Ukrainian Updates @Ukroblogger 'Dear friends, the liberation of Southeast #Ukraine has begun,' says #Crimea VicePM #Russia #RussiaInvasion pic.twitter.com/D0PYMKEovc

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

asen_y2k

Xcathdra

edit on 12/4/14 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

And your thinking is right !!

There are too many incentives for Russia to join Crimea with Russia via Eastern Ukraine. In the process, Odessa area and Transnistria should also come handy to secure the safety of the Russian populations.

Why is Russia returning the naval ships to Ukraine. Uks is soon going to be a landlocked country anyways.

new topics

top topics

<< 308  309  310    312  313  314 >>

join